PDA

View Full Version : JAMES ROBERTSON and MARGARET SUTHERLAND ??

nevergiveup
11-Jan-13, 17:01
Can anyone help me with my search for James Robertson married to a Margaret Sutherland in Caithness.Their son David died in 1901 aged 66 in Thurso. The named parents are on his death certificate, try as i may ,:)ive not yet found a marriage cert for them or any correct death certs.
Thank you !

spittalhill
11-Jan-13, 22:03
Are you sure they were married. There is a James Robertson in the 1841-1861 census (FreeCen) who is unmarried and a farmer at Lieurary and has a son, David, aged 1 in 1841. Could this be him. By 1851 James has 2 sons and 2 daughters. By 1871 James has moved to Tannach, Wick. David is a clerk lodging in Thurso in 1861.

nevergiveup
12-Jan-13, 13:35
Gosh i never thought of them not being married!! ... On Davids DC his father James Robertson or Robiesons occupation is a shoemaker. David married Mary Mackenzie in 1853 in Thurso , in 1871 cencus they had a family and his occupation was a carter. However my main interest is the whereabouts of James and Margaret.
Thankyou for your interest and help!:)

spittalhill
12-Jan-13, 14:01
Not the same family then - the James in Lieurary was definitely a farmer, not a shoemaker.