PDA

View Full Version : Persil Non Bio Tablets

Baconbuttie
30-Dec-12, 18:17
Has anyone else had problems with Persil Tablets not disolving. I complained to Persil who sent me some vouchers and tried to tell me it was our washing machine. The next box was fine but the latest box is not disolving and guess what, its the same batch number on the box.

Alrock
30-Dec-12, 18:23
What's the batch number?

Baconbuttie
30-Dec-12, 18:29
2325 6ba 15 17

Kodiak
30-Dec-12, 20:56
Buy anther brand, Simples. :Razz

Dadie
30-Dec-12, 21:57
Tablets are hit or miss on the 30 deg quick wash program on our machine.
I use liquid for quickwashes ...powder or tablets for longer washes....I dont think the quickwash is long enough for the tablets to dissolve and work before the program is over!

2little2late
31-Dec-12, 00:11
Part of the problem could also be that the water is too cold, (I assume as with most washing machines it only uses cold water). I use powder and at this time of year I have to break the powder up as it has solidified with the cold water.

cptdodger
31-Dec-12, 00:19
I use Daz or Fairy tablets for the simple reason they go in the washing machine drawer and dissolve when the water hits them. I have tried Persil tablets but not too impressed.

Alrock
31-Dec-12, 00:25
Part of the problem could also be that the water is too cold, (I assume as with most washing machines it only uses cold water). I use powder and at this time of year I have to break the powder up as it has solidified with the cold water.

Washing in cold water????
My washing gets washed in super heated steam once the fire is lit... lol

Baconbuttie
31-Dec-12, 01:02
The tablets go in the drawer and normally disolve. The 2 boxes with the same batch number did not disolve. Boxes bought before and after were no problem. Nothing to do with water pressure or temperature.

cptdodger
31-Dec-12, 01:09
The tablets go in the drawer and normally disolve. The 2 boxes with the same batch number did not disolve. Boxes bought before and after were no problem. Nothing to do with water pressure or temperature.

My apologies, the last time I bought persil tablets they came with a string bag thing you had to put them in, then they went in with the actual washing.

starfish
31-Dec-12, 11:56
i was told once by a washing machine repair man not to put any powder or tablets in the soap tray as they do not dissolve totally and block up your pipe work . I now always put it in the drum with the washing . This thread just proves he was right

Flynn
31-Dec-12, 13:42
Don't waste your money on tablets, buy powder as you can stretch it further.

Baconbuttie
31-Dec-12, 16:51
Don't waste your money on tablets, buy powder as you can stretch it further. Thats the reason we started using tablets cos we found we were using too much powder.

i was told once by a washing machine repair man not to put any powder or tablets in the soap tray as they do not dissolve totally and block up your pipe work . I now always put it in the drum with the washing . This thread just proves he was right
Reply Reply With Quote There is nothing wrong with the pipes, its a faulty batch of tablets which is why I asked if anyone else had bought this batch from Tesco Thurso.

I have tried putting them in the drum, I have tried putting them in a cup of hot water. This batch do not disolve