PDA

View Full Version : willow

boxer
07-Dec-12, 01:36
Willow cuttings £15 for 100 various sizes available u can have more or less than 100
P.m me

Oddquine
05-Feb-13, 23:53
Willow cuttings £15 for 100 various sizes available u can have more or less than 100
P.m me

Length, diameter, variety.first/second year shoots? A wee bit of information would be useful.

Been caught out in the past by folk selling willow slips who say little, promise nothing and deliver exactly what they promise regarding results. To be fair, never bought from local suppliers before (I assume you are local) , but have from suppliers outside Caithness and been well disappointed.

Southern-Gal
06-Feb-13, 09:57
Do you happen to know if weeping willow trees would live up here? Are they as hardy as normal willow?

annemarie482
06-Feb-13, 10:37
Good question southern-gal, I've been after a weeping willow for quite some time now but can't seem to source it :/

boxer
06-Feb-13, 16:22
sorry its not weeping willow

changilass
06-Feb-13, 16:28
Weeping willow does fine, had it in Thurso and also Castletown and it did really well.

Don't know about up there, but Tesco down here has them on at £7 at the moment.

Good luck finding and growing them.

Southern-Gal
07-Feb-13, 23:00
Ive seen them on the net at stupid money £70 or so each I dont want to be paying that!
Where is your local Tesco changilass?
If you see any local will you give me a shout please annemarie? Id like a few but not the dwarf ones :)