PDA

View Full Version : Your Country.

piratelassie
30-Nov-12, 16:59
Stand up and take your country back or tell your grandchildren you did nothing. Happy St. Andrews Day.

petstop30
30-Nov-12, 17:09
Yes indeed and God save OUR Queen

cptdodger
30-Nov-12, 17:28
Stand up and take your country back or tell your grandchildren you did nothing. Happy St. Andrews Day.

Scotland is a country that is part of the United Kingdom. Occupying the northern third of the island of Great Britain. Unless we have lost the status of being a country all of a sudden, I do'nt see your point. And what is it you want me to tell my grandson (who is English by the way) ?

bluechesse
30-Nov-12, 18:53
What about option 3?

bcsman
30-Nov-12, 19:06
Take our country back from who?the SNP perhaps?

Flynn
30-Nov-12, 19:11
Which country are we talking about?

bcsman
30-Nov-12, 19:19
She means Scotland,just another nationalist rant from her again

Which country are we talking about?

catran
30-Nov-12, 20:25
I do not understand, I am Scottish living in the United Kingdom and wo and behold my grandson is English or is he whatever cause he was born in England to a Scottish dad and an English mother, oh dear where is it all going to end

Scotland is a country that is part of the United Kingdom. Occupying the northern third of the island of Great Britain. Unless we have lost the status of being a country all of a sudden, I do'nt see your point. And what is it you want me to tell my grandson (who is English by the way) ?

cptdodger
30-Nov-12, 20:57
I do not understand, I am Scottish living in the United Kingdom and wo and behold my grandson is English or is he whatever cause he was born in England to a Scottish dad and an English mother, oh dear where is it all going to end

Would you like to try that again, so at least some of us can understand what you are getting at. And by the way, although it is none of your business catran, my son does not have children.

Zero
30-Nov-12, 23:54
It seems the unionist brigade have gotten thier knickers all in a twist over your statement lassie! Im sure they understand fine well what your getting at as you and i both already know. So then they resort to some kind of childish sarcastic ignorant behaviour and a false bewilderment of their sense of nationality in a bid to discredit the undertones of your remark! shameful, but i think we need not worry.

bcsman
01-Dec-12, 06:51
Please tell us what piratelassie is getting at zero,id really like to know

It seems the unionist brigade have gotten thier knickers all in a twist over your statement lassie! Im sure they understand fine well what your getting at as you and i both already know. So then they resort to some kind of childish sarcastic ignorant behaviour and a false bewilderment of their sense of nationality in a bid to discredit the undertones of your remark! shameful, but i think we need not worry.

sids
01-Dec-12, 09:36
If we "do nothing" and our grandchildren give more of a toss about it than we do, then they can "take our country back."

Best of British luck to them!

Rheghead
01-Dec-12, 09:49

It seems to me that it is the voters that are currently intent on voting No are the ones who the SNP have to win over through hearts and minds. Do you think the Yes campaign are making inroads taking into account of silly rabble rousing posts such as piratelassie's?

piratelassie
02-Dec-12, 02:58
It really does appear that every comment made by unionists is childish, petty and never puts forward anything positive .

Blarney
02-Dec-12, 03:21
The problem with most Scottish Nationalists is that they confuse a sense of patriotic pride with a belief that we are, as a nation, invincible. God help us if Alex Salmond ever gets his way. His arrogance would know no bounds.

bcsman
02-Dec-12, 07:19
I was just goin to say the same thing about you piratelassie,you started this silly thread.
Please tell us who we have to stand up against and take our country back from? and what do we have to tell our grandchildren in the future coz im sure they will want to know that we did nothing,what ever the nothing means?.

It really does appear that every comment made by unionists is childish, petty and never puts forward anything positive .

cptdodger
02-Dec-12, 11:18

Back the original comment up piratelassie - Who exactly are we taking our country back from? What, exactly are we supposed to be telling our grandchildren? Now, if you cannot answer these two very simple questions, do not call me or anybody else that does not want Independence, childish or petty, just because you come out with random comments which you refuse to, or cannot explain.

cptdodger
02-Dec-12, 11:34
And by the way, we "unionists" as we have been labeled do not have to put forward anything positive, we are already in the Union, it is the "nationalists" that want the change - it is the nationalists that have to prove to us why Scotland is going to be oh so better out of the Union. Your random statements and name calling, when nobody agrees with you, really does not help your case.

sids
02-Dec-12, 12:33
And by the way, we "unionists" as we have been labeled do not have to put forward anything positive, we are already in the Union, it is the "nationalists" that want the change - it is the nationalists that have to prove to us why Scotland is going to be oh so better out of the Union. Your random statements and name calling, when nobody agrees with you, really does not help your case.

The "unionist" nickname is unnecessary, because it is being applied to what are really just normal, sensible people.
It's been thought up by the cranks of the SNP, to objectify their "enemies."

petstop30
02-Dec-12, 14:19

Nail well and truly on the head!

piratelassie
02-Dec-12, 15:00
Being in the union is like making a wage, giving it away and then getting back some pocket money. Nothing to be proud of there.

bcsman
02-Dec-12, 15:08
OK,this obviously seems clear to you but to noone else.
Now! seeing that you are here, can you please explain to us what you mean about standing up and taking our country back please?

Being in the union is like making a wage, giving it away and then getting back some pocket money. Nothing to be proud of there.