PDA

View Full Version : James Ward Dunnet

airdlass
19-Dec-06, 12:58
Anyone connected to James Ward Dunnet born 1821 in Pultney, son of James Dunnet and Jane Ward?
According to census Jane Ward was from Orkney but have been unable to confirm that.
James Ward Dunnet married Jane Dunnet, daughter of John Dunnet and Christina Sutherland, in Wick in 1844.
They had 9 children that I know of -
James,Jane(my gggrandmother),John,Christina,Alexanderina,George, Donald,Charlotte and Alexander. I have information about most of these children.
My gggrandmother Jane Dunnet married James Sinclair, son of James Sinclair and Catherine Lyall, in 1872. James(married to Jane Dunnet)was drowned at sea in Dec 1875.They had one daughter,Jeannie who married William Bain from Sarclet.Jane Sinclair nee Dunnet then married William More from Sarclet. They had one son,Donald born 1879.

I have had tremendous help from lots of folk including the Sarcleteers group but I'm always on the look out for more connections:D

Should also mention that the following names are also connected with these families - Gunn,Bremner,Craig,Cook,Sutherland,Fletcher and probably a few more

pamela fayle
21-Dec-06, 01:12
Are you sure that her last name was Ward and not Wards? There seem to be more of the latter in the Orkneys. A good site is www.cursiter.com (http://www.cursiter.com) which has a lot of birth records for the Orkneys. Also remember that Jane might be listed as Jean (interchangeable in those days). There are two births that might fit your time frame but both are for Wards with an 's'.
Jean WARDS, C: 13 Jul 1818 Father: James WARDS Sanday, Orkney, Scotland. Mother MUIR
Jane WARDS (F) B: 27 Dec 1823 Father: James WARDS Kirkwall And St. Ola, Orkney, Mother: Jean ROBERTSON

pamela fayle
21-Dec-06, 01:20
Actually re-reading your entry I believe the birth of Jane Ward you are looking for would be in the late 1790s - so these might be more likely?J
Jean WARDS (F)...C: 19 May 1794
Father: David WARDS, South Ronaldsay, Orkney,
Mother: Margrat

Jean WARDS (F).. C: 14 Apr 1795
Father: William WARDS, Stromness, Orkney,
Mother: Peggy McKally

airdlass
21-Dec-06, 08:38
Hi Pamela
thanks for your replies - My apologies, I should have said that on her death cert her parents were listed as Davids Ward/s and Margaret Rosie - so I thought like you that it was the couple from South Ronaldsay but I have since been able to eliminate them as possibilities so my only conclusion is that the informant on her death certificate perhaps got it wrong?
One of my brick walls.
thanks