PDA

View Full Version : Been Let down by a caterer?

cmp
18-Dec-06, 15:25
Today was our local Mother & Toddler Christmas party. With lots of food, music, games and Santa a typical children’s party.

The party was to start at 11am a decent time for young children. Unfortunately we were let down by the caterers, we had to phone them at 1030am, they said they sent an email on Thursday saying they were unable to do it for us……but did they……..NO, she didn’t, Not even the decency to phone and let us down.

Luckily for us, we all gathered round and were able to supply food and had a wonderful party.

The kids loved Santa.

Thurso Mother & Toddlers.

danc1ngwitch
18-Dec-06, 15:30
oh noooo noooo ... they should have called as well as email... called to make sure the mesg got to you ...

emszxr
18-Dec-06, 15:31
thats a bit unfair when i am sure they knew it was for kids and at christmas too. i hope you didnt give a deposit before hand.

Gogglebox
18-Dec-06, 16:31
Are you able to name and shame the caterer

bad service should always be highlighted

Mr P Cannop
18-Dec-06, 16:58
Are you able to name and shame the caterer

bad service should always be highlighted

i agree with that

mums angels
18-Dec-06, 18:29
Thats why its better to have a list and get all the mums to choose something to bring in ...thats what we're doing tomorow for my sons toddler party

Sorry to hear about the let down ...glad it all turned out ok though...kids are easily pleased :)

Through
18-Dec-06, 22:13
Thats why its better to have a list and get all the mums to choose something to bring in ...thats what we're doing tomorow for my sons toddler party

That's a good solution when you have the right group of people. However, when not all the mums (not my sexist remark, just my quote) are able or have the time or whatever to join in, there is usually someone who gets annoyed and points out the fact.

If you pay someone to do a thing, they should be professional enough to come up with the goods.