PDA

View Full Version : Thurso Councillors

Rampant Rabbit
16-Dec-06, 17:16
What have Thurso Councillors done for you this year? Cause as far as i can tell they haven't done much :confused

Mamabear
16-Dec-06, 17:30
Nothing whatsoever Rampant Rabbit, but hey I live in Wick!!

Rampant Rabbit
16-Dec-06, 17:36
and have they done anything for you

danc1ngwitch
16-Dec-06, 17:50
they sent some one to fix my shed window and i was horrified to find that the bloke must have been in a hurry... ops i could have done as good oh and the glass was left layed where he worked... yea they did something for me [lol]

Gogglebox
16-Dec-06, 17:51
Luckily for us voters in Thurso some of our councillors were good enough to highlight their abilities to rally support like probably never seen before (ASDA) - -
against them

Hope we all remember them in May!!!

Fair play to the ones that got it turned round though!!

Royster1911
16-Dec-06, 17:53
Ohh, they have done a lot for me. I have them to thank for my time used to find out exactly what they do to deserve my money. Still looking!!!!
I also have them to thank for my blood pressure being sky high (Asda) and last but not least, thank them for giving me a reason to ignore them when walking by.
Many Many thanks[disgust]

concerned resident
16-Dec-06, 18:18
Had to think hard on this one, voted to increase my council tax, as at the same time giving less service for the money. Given planning Permission for large estates of houses, but have not figured out where all the people are coming from to buy the houses, there are no new big companies arriving as far as i know. Killed off Asda's plans, and i think ASDA will with draw and go to another town, where they will go out of there way to have a new store. They could have offered to get us some of the cheap petrol they buy, when down in Inverness, at least we can now get it a bit cheaper, but we have to drive to Wick to get it. Other than i consider them a complete waste of time, with there own agenders, and not what is best for Caithness, and next year they are going to get a large wage packet, from our tax. I would sugest they all resign, and we get our own Caithness Council, and not a bunch of Highland Councillors spending all there time in Inverness, trying to get a pound left to spend on Caithness, after the City have grabed it all.

Through
16-Dec-06, 23:58
I would sugest they all resign, and we get our own Caithness Council, and not a bunch of Highland Councillors spending all there time in Inverness, trying to get a pound left to spend on Caithness, after the City have grabed it all.

Yep, that sounds like Highland Council right enough. All centralised authorities seem to be like that; Glasgow's neighbours have suffered for a long time now, since the unfriendly city tries to take control of everything. They seem to think they should be in charge of Scotland. Inverness seems to be doing the same thing to the Highlands.

Gogglebox
17-Dec-06, 00:10
Also coming up in the New Year is MSP elections

Have any of them done anything for anybody - -locally

No not a dog poop or smoking ban something for a constituent

Mamabear
17-Dec-06, 00:15
and have they done anything for you

As I said Nothing Whatsoever, but then, they dont represent me & I didnt vote the big haddies in, your townsfolk did. So I think you ought to take it up with the Thursonians

Through
17-Dec-06, 00:20

Well let's see now.

They stopped England stealing part of Scotland's North Sea when they tried to unilaterally move the border.

They've sorted out our future energy supply by arranging to build new generating capacity.

They negotiated a reduction in the size of the Spanish fishing fleet and a corresponding increase in the Scots fleet.

They've created all of the jobs we need.

They blocked Gordon Brown's bid to tax wind farms the same as other generating stations.

They've fixed public transport.

They've stopped people littering the streets.

They saved our regiments from amalgamation.

They restored our world wide reputation for education.

Oh wait; no, they haven't doen anything like that. Not much locally either.

The problem is, whoever we vote for the government wins.

It's just a "Wee Pretendy Parliament" anyway.

Naefearjustbeer
17-Dec-06, 00:29

Is this the time we gat a chance to get rid of than moaning green party loonie :D

JAWS
17-Dec-06, 05:27
I doubt it. She's a List MSP. If any Party gets the required amount of votes then the voters are given the person the Party has put at the top of the list. The bigger the percentage of votes, the further down the list of Party Hacks the choice goes.
At least with a Constituency MSP if you decide you don't like the choice a Party has made you can vote for somebody else.
With the List Selections if you don't, for example, like the top one but two to five are OK if the Party get enough for two List MSPs you automatically get the one you can't stand as one of them like it or lump it.

Humerous Vegetable
17-Dec-06, 17:01
What have Thurso Councillors done for you this year? Cause as far as i can tell they haven't done much :confused
Since I moved to Caithness several years ago, I have been amazed at the self-seeking and incompetence of our local councillors. Things like tackling the inequalities we have to suffer in the Far North - high carriage rates because of the KW postcode, lack of employment opportunities for the young, lack of retail choice and quality and the ubiquitous fuel cartels are ignored by our "representatives" because they don't directly affect them. I am seriously tempted to stand for election myself, in order to get something done for ordinary tax-payers like myself.