PDA

View Full Version : Should we bother?

Wish
16-Dec-06, 11:19
We are new to the highlands been here only a couple of months. So this is our first Christmas without access to the high street stores and big supermarkets. Hubbie has the day off today and we are considering going to Inverness to do a big supermarket shop and take the kids to their long missed Pizza Hut! I just wondered if anyone can tell me if its going to total gridlock there? Obvioulsey we are expecting it to be busy this time of year, but is it going to be busy enough that we can't get a parking space etc!

Also has anyone any tips on transporting cooked meats etc the thre 3 hour drive back home?

Thanks

Naefearjustbeer
16-Dec-06, 11:31
We used to go down and do a big tesco shop but dont need too any more as wick has one with everything we might need to get. We used cool bags with ice packs when we went down and they were good enough to keep frozen food frozen for the journey back north. The wife still hasnt got round the theory that now we have a tescos up here we dont ned to fill 2 trolleys up with shopping every time you go in. As for pizza hut well havent got one up here but I dont think a trip to the big smoke is worth it just for a pizza. I would far rather a take away from K2 anyday.

Naefearjustbeer
16-Dec-06, 11:34
Oops sorry I just noticed your location is Skye I wrongly assumed you were in Caithness. Just ignore me I slever somtimes :roll: I suppose the 3 hour drive bit should of given me a clue that you werent living in Caithness

Wish
16-Dec-06, 11:39
:lol:

No worries, hmmm have no cool bag or ice packs, i'm wondering if its worth going too!

Wish
16-Dec-06, 12:03
Right, have decided its now or never, will take the bull by the horns, were off!

:cool:

Fluff
16-Dec-06, 12:05
good luck! have fun and dont get too stressed in the crowds!!

sweetheart
16-Dec-06, 12:11
If you take the north pass from kyle of lockash towards dingwall,
that tesco can be less crowded, and could avoid you the traffic
of the other more traffic'ed road.

cuddlepop
17-Dec-06, 11:40
Hope you managed to get everything that you needed in Inverness yesterday.It wasn't too bad was it.;)
Thanks for the belated wishes,will celebrate with you over coffee next week:D

Wish
17-Dec-06, 13:54
Hope you managed to get everything that you needed in Inverness yesterday.It wasn't too bad was it.;)
Thanks for the belated wishes,will celebrate with you over coffee next week:D

Hi Jackie

Mostly got non-perishable food and some drinkiepoos and some clothes for the girls. Still haven't finished my pressie shopping though!

Coffee sounds great, drop me a pm when your free.