PDA

View Full Version : Wee Eck's new nickname

Green_not_greed
21-Oct-12, 13:37
Alex "Butcher" Salmond. Quite appropriate that he is being nicknamed the butcher of Scotland. If he gets his way to become "King Eck" then he'll also be the butcher of Britain.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100185813/alex-butcher-salmond-has-destroyed-scotland/

(http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100185813/alex-butcher-salmond-has-destroyed-scotland/)Nice to see some recognition of the Caithness landscape in the article.

Phill
21-Oct-12, 13:47
"Yet they still call Caithness the land of big skies. In a few years’ time this will be sheer nostalgia."

Quite.

Rheghead
21-Oct-12, 15:21
Alex "Butcher" Salmond. Quite appropriate that he is being nicknamed the butcher of Scotland. If he gets his way to become "King Eck" then he'll also be the butcher of Britain.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100185813/alex-butcher-salmond-has-destroyed-scotland/

(http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100185813/alex-butcher-salmond-has-destroyed-scotland/)Nice to see some recognition of the Caithness landscape in the article.

Ha ha, not the infamous fact bending Delingpole again?

MrChow
21-Oct-12, 15:46
I have no problem with a few wind farms. Dont think the Caithness landscape is the most attractive in Scotland anyway. A few wind turbines actually makes it look interesting.

secrets in symmetry
21-Oct-12, 15:58
Ha ha, not the infamous fact bending Delingpole again?It seems so. Delingpole and Fat Ugly Eck are made for each other - neither has an ounce of scientific understanding in his brain.

Kenn
21-Oct-12, 23:42
Some of us do MrChow, over the years many a good view has been destroyed by the concrete monsters, wonder if Alex Salmond would be so keen if they were in his back yard!

golach
22-Oct-12, 00:13
Lizz, you are never saying Shrek is a Nimby surely?

bcsman
22-Oct-12, 10:38
I have no problem with a few wind farms. Dont think the Caithness landscape is the most attractive in Scotland anyway. A few wind turbines actually makes it look interesting.
Step outside your house and go a wander around caithness to see how beautiful it is.
Caithness scenery is breathtaking

Rheghead
22-Oct-12, 16:06

I do not know where you come from but if you were born and bred in the county then your attempt at giving an impartial judgement of the quality of the Caithness landscape in terms of aesthetic appeal will be greatly affected by your emotional attachment to the place where you were born.

RecQuery
23-Oct-12, 08:11
Perhaps someone needs to revise this to include other insults - http://wingsland.podgamer.com/alex-salmond-dictator-comparison-bingo/ amazing that even the slightest hint of calling a Conservative politician elitist or privileged is shouted down, but it's okay to insult Salmond.

If the best they can do is insults related to appearence then people must be really grasping at straws. As if the fact that someone might be fat or ugly is a bad thing, how does that affect someones ability to do their job?

I take some small comfort in the fact that the prevailing opinions on this forum are not the opinions of people in general it's just a bunch of Chicken Littles tilting at windmills.

pmcd
23-Oct-12, 08:53
Yeah, right, "amazing that even the slightest hint of calling a Conservative politician elitist or privileged is shouted down but if the best they can do is insults related to appearance....blah blah blah."

So which smug, arrogant self-preening (and self-basting) Canute of a Brigadoon Babooning Blockhead came up with the idea of all those "Lord Snooties" from Westminster, as opposed to "our dear friends and possible neighbours in the South.

Salmond called Westminster a bunch of Lord Snooties. It was in his Conference speech.

This insult was hurled by a man who has yet to convince a majority of his own countrymen that Independence is a good idea. More importantly, every time he sneers at Westminster, he is raising the price of putative Independence.

So - either both sides should be allowed to insult each other, or one side could go a bit easy on the nauseating bread-and-circuses hypocrisy.

By the way, the "Chicken Littles" are the wee men and women whose votes actually mean something in a democracy. You might just as well call them "plebs".......

RecQuery
23-Oct-12, 11:48
Yeah, right, "amazing that even the slightest hint of calling a Conservative politician elitist or privileged is shouted down but if the best they can do is insults related to appearance....blah blah blah."

So which smug, arrogant self-preening (and self-basting) Canute of a Brigadoon Babooning Blockhead came up with the idea of all those "Lord Snooties" from Westminster, as opposed to "our dear friends and possible neighbours in the South.

Salmond called Westminster a bunch of Lord Snooties. It was in his Conference speech.

This insult was hurled by a man who has yet to convince a majority of his own countrymen that Independence is a good idea. More importantly, every time he sneers at Westminster, he is raising the price of putative Independence.

So - either both sides should be allowed to insult each other, or one side could go a bit easy on the nauseating bread-and-circuses hypocrisy.

By the way, the "Chicken Littles" are the wee men and women whose votes actually mean something in a democracy. You might just as well call them "plebs".......

Let's compare this apple to that orange that the strawman is holding... Anyway ignoring your sputtering impotent rage. There's a difference between saying something about a group and an individual.

I'm all in favour of all insults being allowed but the media is rather one sided on this. Calling Salmond every dictator under the sun and letting similar comments by politicians slide yet jumping down his throat when he compared the BBC to facists.

John Little
23-Oct-12, 12:15
Wellllll........ that did not originate with the BBC.

Did it?

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/345310/-Salmond-runs-his-party-like-a-dictator-

RecQuery
23-Oct-12, 12:27
Wellllll........ that did not originate with the BBC.

Did it?

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/345310/-Salmond-runs-his-party-like-a-dictator-

What a weak and disingenuous argument, look into the history of that guy first. Shall I look up my links to stories of former Conservative, Labour and Lib Dem politicians insulting their party leadership?

John Little
23-Oct-12, 12:33
To what end? I was not arguing. Merely pointing out what Jim Sillars said. You don't seem to like him. But of course it has to be the BBC alone don't it?

pmcd
23-Oct-12, 12:36
Ah, Rec! Isn't it amazing how sputtering impotent rage and weak and disingenuous arguments appear to get you a bit peeved, when, as a lofty logician so far above the brouhaha of this scurvy street fighting, you should be ignoring the very plebian pmcd and John Little, who have had the effrontery to dare to question your clear-sighted and so obviously immutably correct Weltanschauung? Shame on us for approaching your Temple Of Wisdom! How foolish we must look!

Fidelis
23-Oct-12, 12:41
Why dont you address your enlightened ideas directly to SNP supporters? Havent seen your name on their website! A comment from you might initiate debate!

John Little
23-Oct-12, 12:45
The SNP are not interested in debate.

They are interested in pounding their ideas into people's heads, but not 'debate'.

The only 'debate' they want is you doing what they say and accepting their ideas.

Question them on detail and you will get hostility, unpleasant prickliness and dystopian visions where they are persecuted for their beliefs.

It really ain't worth it.

John Little
23-Oct-12, 12:46
Why dont you address your enlightened ideas directly to SNP supporters? Havent seen your name on their website! A comment from you might initiate debate!

I did.

I said a lot of things.

You said you'd reply.

I'm still waiting.

golach
23-Oct-12, 18:50
I think his nickname is now Pinocchio

Rheghead
23-Oct-12, 21:05
I think his nickname is now Pinocchio

He has since abolished the pork pie tax.