PDA

View Full Version : F1 pundit

hub61
09-Oct-12, 12:04
Curiosity getting the better of me, one of the F1 pundits sounds, to me, like he has a Caithness accent, can anyone confirm??

Invisible
09-Oct-12, 15:09
Is it BBC or sky that your on about.

oldchemist
09-Oct-12, 15:43
I think he is Irish.

joxville
09-Oct-12, 15:55
The BBC F1 pundits are David Coulthard and Eddie Jordan.The Sky F1 pundits are Martin Brundle, David Croft, Anthony Davidson, Damon Hill and Johnny Herbert. Of those, the closest Caithness link is with Damon Hill, his mother's name is Bette. :-)

Stack Rock
09-Oct-12, 16:27
The BBC F1 pundits are David Coulthard and Eddie Jordan.The Sky F1 pundits are Martin Brundle, David Croft, Anthony Davidson, Damon Hill and Johnny Herbert. Of those, the closest Caithness link is with Damon Hill, his mother's name is Bette. :-)

Brilliant - however you forgot to mention his brother Duncans Hill

Invisible
10-Oct-12, 10:19
Is there a pit lane guy called Gary who is Northern Irish............As we are often mistaken for being Northern Irish..........

hub61
10-Oct-12, 19:53
Is there a pit lane guy called Gary who is Northern Irish............As we are often mistaken for being Northern Irish..........

Thats the name indeed, sounded Caithness to me but what do I know only bein Orcadian, we get called Welsh all the time.

George Brims
10-Oct-12, 20:43
He's Gary Anderson, and the first time I heard him on my telly (talking over the radio to a driver) I blurted out "That bloke sounds exactly like me!".
And yes, he is from Northern Ireland.