PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer 7

Sandra
10-Dec-06, 17:29
Has anyone upgrade to IE 7 yet? If so, how are you finding it?

I'm finding the changes in layout annoying, having to get use to it all.

Firefox is my default browser, but use IE for when sites don't work propertly in Firefox.

Dreadnought
10-Dec-06, 17:30
I have IE 7. I find it as good as Firefox with tabbed browsing etc. I have had no problems with it.

changilass
10-Dec-06, 17:33
Just installed it myself recently, keep shutting everything down with the X button. Its so frustrating, especially as the desktop has not been upgraded yet so keep getting confused.

Also don't like the idea that there isnt a direct link to emails - unless there is and I just havn't noticed it yet lol

Metalattakk
10-Dec-06, 17:38
It should be on that annoying sliding bar that's alongside the tabs bar. You know, the sliding bar that you can't get rid of. :(

IE7 also keeps crashing on me.

brokencross
10-Dec-06, 17:48
Can't get used to it at all.

Elenna
10-Dec-06, 18:22
Yes, I have the upgrade too, and it seems to be working just fine. But Im finding the arrangement/ placement of toolbars and buttons is devillishly awkward and annoying, and it doesnt look like one can customise.

Its going to take me a while to get used to it as well.

gmac78
10-Dec-06, 19:06
I use Macs so IE 7 isn't really an option, but I do test web sites on it on another computer. I quite like its new support for technologies like RSS and ATOM.

It's also less likely to screw up when you view modern Web 2.0 sites like Flickr or Last.fm.

WeeBurd
10-Dec-06, 21:33
I think it's great, well, now that I've gotten to grips with customising it that is :lol: .

I love the tabbed browsing, very convenient, allowing me to set several sites as my homepages so I can see them all at a glance without having to open up new windows and then rake through my favourites.

It took a bit of getting used to, but definitely worth persevering with in my opinion.

oldmarine
10-Dec-06, 22:37
Has anyone upgrade to IE 7 yet? If so, how are you finding it?

I'm finding the changes in layout annoying, having to get use to it all.

Firefox is my default browser, but use IE for when sites don't work propertly in Firefox.

IE 7 works well for me. I just had to get used to it.

sam
10-Dec-06, 22:47
I have IE7 and have no probs with it

Ricco
10-Dec-06, 23:25
I found it irksome to begin with but my only gripe now is that I have no immediate link to Outlook Express. Have to go down to Start to get it.

wicker05
11-Dec-06, 16:05
I found it irksome to begin with but my only gripe now is that I have no immediate link to Outlook Express. Have to go down to Start to get it.

Ricco, click on the drop down arrow beside the tools button, then scoll down to toolbars then customize. Just add the read mail button to the tool bar, job done. :)

Ricco
11-Dec-06, 17:35
Ricco, click on the drop down arrow beside the tools button, then scoll down to toolbars then customize. Just add the read mail button to the tool bar, job done. :)

Thanks, Wicker. I'll try that when I get home.

~~Tides~~
11-Dec-06, 18:31
Absolutely hate the new browser. Especially hate the writing it uses, and seems that you can only choose from stupid fonts which arnt much better. What I am writing right now seems subtly blurry and hurts your eyes. Also, I have found guitar tab (which I use everyday) horrible to read in the new fonts.

Is there anyway to go back to IE 6? Tried to find a download for it on Microsoft.com but couldnt find one. Have a dell, and therefor no Windows XP cd.

Praetorian
11-Dec-06, 18:37
go to control panel and remove/add programs remove Internet Explorer as if you try to go back it will detect a newer version and won't plaY - IE6 is available from various web pages as a free download just use a search engine. IE7 was specifically designed for Windows XP/Vista and has caused numerous problems with other non Microsoft programs and Servers - I believe updates are now on the Microsoft Updates page. I prefer Firefox myself.

Sandra
11-Dec-06, 18:41
Tides, you could do a System Restore to a point/date before you installed IE7, if you have that facility.

changilass
11-Dec-06, 19:50

Tried this and still don't seem to have a link, unless I'm going blind in my old age:lol:

stratman
11-Dec-06, 19:58
I like the easy magnify tool.

Ricco
11-Dec-06, 21:39

Thanks, Wicker - worked a treat. Don't know how I missed that. :D