PDA

View Full Version : caithness fm

danc1ngwitch
03-Dec-06, 19:58
i was in at somerfeild today and bubbles were blowing everywhere it softened my heart, ( more than it is ) I walked round the store and the music was playing and i loved it. As i left the store my huge tummy hanging out a lady with a very nice smile offered me a sweetie, i took the big purple one ... lol ... and added to the tummy size... it was relaxing and friendly and thank you for making me feel all soft ...lol

Fluff
03-Dec-06, 22:10
whats that got to do with caithness fm?

Max
03-Dec-06, 23:25
Caithness Fm were playing the music, handing out the sweeties and had the bubble machine - you are right danc1ngwitch it was nice!

DarkAngel
03-Dec-06, 23:32
What was that in aid off? Was there something special goin on there?

CFM
03-Dec-06, 23:44
glad you enjoyed it! we had a good day and would like to thank everyone who donated toys to our annual toy appeal, the response this year has been absolutely amazing. Thanks also to the staff of somerfield who kept us in hot drinks to try and beat the cold!

We'd also like to thank the Thurso Traders for the fun day yesterday - we had a great time and its really amazing to see the look on the faces of the passers by when they walk into the bubble blizzard, not to mention the kids who really make it all worthwhile

thanks again and
Merry Christmas from everyone at CFM

p.s should say that the toy appeal will be running until 15th December - new, unwrapped toys and gifts for teenagers can be donated at Somerfield stores in both Wick and Thurso, North Highland College and of course the CFM studio. All gifts are given to the local social work department for distribution in the Caithness area.

Gogglebox
03-Dec-06, 23:53
CFM are a great organisation with great people and have to be admired for the amout of work they do to support all the local events and organisations

They tirelssly turn up at loads of events and to be honest pull many together and help coordiate a lot of them better than they were

Its been a privelage from a TTIA point of view to have them work with us so well and wish them good luck with all their future endeavours

A lot of the events they turn up at are not really for their benefit, they cannot relay the stuff to station they seem to do it purely to support the community. THats giving up time over and beyond the call of community duty

A very admirable organisation and one i hope continues long into the future
( Would be good if we could get you on internet too though !! Thats Just a personal Preference though!!)

Keep up the excellent work particulary
Bob, Jackie and the electric wizard David but really all of you volunteering there!!

From all your friends at Thurso Town Improvements - -Thanks

CFM
04-Dec-06, 11:23
thanks gogglebox - it's nice to feel appreciated!

danc1ngwitch
04-Dec-06, 19:11
whats that got to do with caithness fm?

sorry i should have made myself clear ( ops ) <<<< brain like a pea lol

Naefearjustbeer
04-Dec-06, 21:39
Swiingan an a jiinglan till e soonds o radio caithness :lol:

Fluff
05-Dec-06, 22:01
nah its fine. Its so nice when you are out and something makes you feel good.
really brightens up your day

golach
05-Dec-06, 22:55
Is Caithness Fm as good as Colin Campbell as Radio Kaitness and Radio Bettyhill.....its a long time since I heard Colin, but loved his range of accents [lol]

Rheghead
05-Dec-06, 23:12
i was in at somerfeild today and bubbles were blowing everywhere it softened my heart, ( more than it is ) I walked round the store and the music was playing and i loved it. As i left the store my huge tummy hanging out a lady with a very nice smile offered me a sweetie, i took the big purple one ... lol ... and added to the tummy size... it was relaxing and friendly and thank you for making me feel all soft ...lol

The noise (music) was awful, the bubbles were a nuisance and the milk that had a sell by date, 8th Dec, was off when I got home. Nuff said apart from, roll on ASDA!!

scorrie
06-Dec-06, 00:08
i was in at somerfeild today and bubbles were blowing everywhere

Shhhh, don't tell Tescos or they will come along and burst them ;o)

willowbankbear
06-Dec-06, 00:39
At least CFM werent at Tesco`s when I was up, look on the bright side:Razz

ziggy
06-Dec-06, 02:38
Bah, Humbug - where's your Christmas Spirit Rheghead?

there's no pleasing some people is there?:roll:

CFM
06-Dec-06, 10:39
The noise (music) was awful, the bubbles were a nuisance and the milk that had a sell by date, 8th Dec, was off when I got home. Nuff said apart from, roll on ASDA!!

sorry you didn't like our noise reghead, I guess you must have been that one person who wasn't smiling when they went into the shop! It's Christmas and most people like christmas music, almost everyone loved the bubbles, we've had comments from children to pensioners over the weekend and sorry but you're the only one who wasn't happy but then we can't please everyone, however we did manage to collect a considerable amount of toys for disadvantaged children in Caithness and that's what it was all about - so once again, sorry you didn't enjoy it and thanks to everyone else for their kind comments and more importantly your very generous donations to the toy appeal.

Naefearjustbeer
06-Dec-06, 15:05
Havent seen inside of somerfields since tesco opened and dont plan to go in the place again unless it is an emergency, Ie I wont be going all the way through to wick to buy a pint of milk or loaf of bread. But then again that is where I would use Frasers shop. As Rheghead said Roll on asda. As for christmas jingles in shops I hate them and enjoy the stress free shopping I can do online. Christmas is not about spending money or getting harrassed in shops it is about spending quality time with your nearest and dearest and it is only ONE day a year not weeks of bombarding folk with adverts and jingles.

robglysen
06-Dec-06, 20:31
I dont mind christmas music however, I had to walk out of PC World in Chesterfield once as the had 'Santa Clause is coming to town' on repeat, Hansons version, I could have strangled every single one of the evil little so and so's.