PDA

View Full Version : Nuisance Calls AGAIN!

angie.a
07-Jul-12, 16:18
I know there's probably numerous threads about this subject but please does anyone have any ideas how to stop these bloody calls from the 'foreigners' from the so called Windows Support, they have called our number 12 times in the last 2 days 8 of thos calls were made between 9.30 - 3.30 today, we get at least half a dozen if not more a week, & they are driving me up the freaking wall! I have tried ignoring the call & letting it go to the answering machine but they just call back within 5 minutes, I've tried asking them nicely & also not so nicely to stop calling as I know they are just a scam, one of them even had the bloody cheek to call me back after I hung up on him & threatened me! It's getting totally out of control how these people think they have the right to continually harass people. We are registered with the company that stops marketing calls but these lot seem to know how to get round this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

slinky
07-Jul-12, 18:55
id like to know as well 4-6 calls a day recorded messages about ppi rubbish

Nick Noble
07-Jul-12, 19:10
If you really want to be in control of which calls you hear then the best solution is http://www.truecall.co.uk/ it costs £99.99 but that is a one off cost, it plugs into your phone socket and then you are in control.

oldmarine
07-Jul-12, 21:02
I let all those type calls go to my answering machine. Most of the time no message will appear. Those that do I can decide whether I want to respond or not. It makes a good screening device.

oldmarine
07-Jul-12, 21:04
I know there's probably numerous threads about this subject but please does anyone have any ideas how to stop these bloody calls from the 'foreigners' from the so called Windows Support, they have called our number 12 times in the last 2 days 8 of thos calls were made between 9.30 - 3.30 today, we get at least half a dozen if not more a week, & they are driving me up the freaking wall! I have tried ignoring the call & letting it go to the answering machine but they just call back within 5 minutes, I've tried asking them nicely & also not so nicely to stop calling as I know they are just a scam, one of them even had the bloody cheek to call me back after I hung up on him & threatened me! It's getting totally out of control how these people think they have the right to continually harass people. We are registered with the company that stops marketing calls but these lot seem to know how to get round this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
It's difficult to be nice with these type calls. Those calling are not nice so just ignore them.

alistair harper
07-Jul-12, 21:09
Hi heard a good one when they ask to speak to the home owner advise them you rent the property and any work would have to go through the landlord.

Gronnuck
07-Jul-12, 22:07
A long blast on a survival whistle usually deters any repeat callers!

Kodiak
07-Jul-12, 23:08
Well I have never had one of these calls. I put it down to having all witheld numbers barred. I also have choose to refuse on my line so if I get an unwanted call that I do not want to speak to again, I can block that number. These services do cost but it is well worth it as I am not bothered at all with any cold callers. It is easy to arrange and is usually done in 24 hours. I am with BT so if are are not with BT you will need to find out if your telephone provider does this type of service.

starfish
07-Jul-12, 23:44
i know some one who had a cold call from a well know window company, they said to him that they could replace his windows for free. So he said that good you better come around to measure up, which they company did then said the bill would come to x amounts of pounds. he reply that the person that phone him said the window where free, the sale rep got on his high horse and said the windows were free but put them in was x amount of pounds . so he said well give me the windows for nothing as your cold caller said and i will fit them . the company then accused him of wasting their time, with this he reply now you know how it feels do not ring me again and hes never had another cold call

ducati
08-Jul-12, 04:55
I have a nice big screen that tells me the number calling. If it is witheld or not recognised or not local I don't answer.

Westsider3
08-Jul-12, 15:25
I have had several of these calls too lately. The last twice I have received them I have had great fun speaking utterly gobeldy gook to them! I made no sense at all and they eventually hung up and I had a good laugh! Totally worth a try, purely for your own fun! Although I must admit I did feel a little guilty too as some poor person is trying to make a living out of it aswell.