View Full Version : How petty can our MSP's be

golach
29-Jun-12, 14:21
this is just childish, and tomorrow is Armed Forces day, I wonder if any of the childish MSP's will protest at the march and celebrations in Princes Street Gardens?

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/politics/union-flags-ditched-after-nats-protest-1-2384140

Gronnuck
29-Jun-12, 15:41
Wow the SNP really know how to advance their cause. They're prepared to carry even bigger chips on their shoulders these days. Numpties every one.

focusRS
29-Jun-12, 16:39
That must be verging on bigotry.

ducati
29-Jun-12, 21:26
It is the thin end of the wedge. What other dictatorships started in such a fashion?

Kenn
30-Jun-12, 10:39
Disgraceful that they can be so intolerant especially when Scotland is still part of The Union, makes one think very seriously.

Rheghead
30-Jun-12, 11:39
Did it really happen? I've not seen this story break anywhere else except the Scotsman.

Dialyser
30-Jun-12, 14:14
Did it really happen? I've not seen this story break anywhere else except the Scotsman.

I have seen it reported in a few different places so would appear to have some element of truth.

squidge
30-Jun-12, 14:19
I have seen it elsewhere too but only as links from the Scotsman site. If its true though its just daft on two counts - if i was decorating the canteen in the Scottish Parliament I would have stuck some saltires in as well - seems like common sense to me and if i had been irritated by the union flags all over the place I would have just stuck some saltires in as well. What a fuss ( on both sides of the political divide ) over nothing.

golach
30-Jun-12, 15:28
Disgraceful that they can be so intolerant especially when Scotland is still part of The Union, makes one think very seriously.
I totally agree, we are still in the UK, and the national flag is still the Union Flag

theone
02-Jul-12, 01:34
If true, this would seem to shatter the story that they're not anti-British, just pro Scottish.

Anyone truly offended by a flag needs to grow up.

Bigots and Racists. Who else would be offended by a flag?