PDA

View Full Version : Does everyone here know about the Tesco Price Promise?

cazmanian_minx
25-Jun-12, 21:04
Only the cashier I was talking to in Tesco on Saturday said they very rarely saw any of the vouchers when I handed mine over and I've had about £50 from it in the last 3 months.

Round up all your old Tesco receipts (you can go back 30 days and it works with home delivery orders as well), go to www.tescopricepromise.com (it used to be tescopricecheck.com but that just redirects now) and give them your email address and the receipt details. If the items they can directly compare with Asda would have been cheaper at Asda, they'll email you with a link to a voucher for the difference, which you then print out and hand over at the checkout, together with the original receipt.

So far mine have varied between 2p(!) and £2.46, but like I said, they've totalled about £50 recently and you can use them together with things like the £5 off when you spend £50 which occasionally come through the post.

starfish
25-Jun-12, 21:09
thaks for that tip will be using it from now never knew about it

picturegifts
26-Jun-12, 08:24
Thanks for that - I didn't know about that but will be using it from now on every time I do my shop. As the saying goes - every little helps.:Razz

cazmanian_minx
26-Jun-12, 13:04
Just got £3.44 back from last weekend's £49 shop :)

Liz
26-Jun-12, 13:48
I never knew about this. So thanks! :)

stekar
26-Jun-12, 15:15
Thanks for this!

Didn't think they do this up here with there not being an Asda close by.

Tilly Teckel
26-Jun-12, 18:53
Didn't think they do this up here with there not being an Asda close by.

That's what I thought - I assumed you had to have the other store in your area to get the price comparison. I'll be digging out my receipts now! Thanks, Caz :Razz

Sunflower
26-Jun-12, 21:34
I didn't know about that link either. Thanks for the info and I've just submitted my last two receipts. :o)

oldmarine
26-Jun-12, 23:38
Only the cashier I was talking to in Tesco on Saturday said they very rarely saw any of the vouchers when I handed mine over and I've had about £50 from it in the last 3 months.

Round up all your old Tesco receipts (you can go back 30 days and it works with home delivery orders as well), go to www.tescopricepromise.com (http://www.tescopricepromise.com) (it used to be tescopricecheck.com but that just redirects now) and give them your email address and the receipt details. If the items they can directly compare with Asda would have been cheaper at Asda, they'll email you with a link to a voucher for the difference, which you then print out and hand over at the checkout, together with the original receipt.

So far mine have varied between 2p(!) and £2.46, but like I said, they've totalled about £50 recently and you can use them together with things like the £5 off when you spend £50 which occasionally come through the post.

We don't have a Tesco store but my wife uses coupons from different stores here in Tucson, AZ and saves a bundle during her shopping The same with our daughters.

Baconbuttie
27-Jun-12, 23:34
Thanks I put my last one in and got £2.18 on spend of £27.62

Dialyser
29-Jun-12, 07:31
Many thanks for sharing this information, I didn't know about this.

poppett
29-Jun-12, 09:37
Thank you so much. Am now collecting Tesco receipts!

poppett
02-Jul-12, 14:31
Sadly Thurso store is not part of the price promise deal.

Knew it was too good to be true.

picturegifts
02-Jul-12, 14:50

I have used receipts from Thurso and Wick and it seemed to accept both of them.

So far I have only received a voucher for 27p:( I am told that the rest of my shops have been cheaper than Asda would have been. I have also put in 2 receipts for my parents who live down south and they have now got vouchers for almost £5 so thank you Cazmanian_Minx I'm not having much luck but it is keeping my mom happy!:Razz

annemarie482
02-Jul-12, 15:22
just tried my dot com reciept from this morning, how long are they taken to email you back?

cazmanian_minx
02-Jul-12, 17:02

Eh???? That's where I usually spend them, we only go to Wick about once a month. I've never had any problems there.

cazmanian_minx
02-Jul-12, 17:03
just tried my dot com reciept from this morning, how long are they taken to email you back?

It says 36 hours on the website, but it's normally 2 or 3 days for me.

Mrs Sweetie
02-Jul-12, 19:00
Thank you for that. I thought you had to have an Asda in the same town too. It's certainly worth a shot. :)

Kodiak
03-Jul-12, 14:38
Never knew about this. Last night I found a Tesco Receipt and I put in the Information. Just Received a e-mail back and I now have Coupon saving £1.97 off my next shop. I will keep on using this site as long as they have it. Thanks cazmanian_minx

annemarie482
03-Jul-12, 14:41
Just got my reply, my shopping was £5 cheaper than asda so no voucher but at least I know it was cheap lol

Kodiak
03-Jul-12, 14:54
I just read the terms and Comditions on the coupon. It says "Only Valid if accompanied with the original receipt". So keep your Receipt and attach it to any Coupon you get.

poppett
03-Jul-12, 17:17
I had kept a pile of receipts, all in date order, all from Thurso, and none were accepted. The site said "the store you are entering is not taking part in this scheme". Double checked again today and still telling me the same. Grrrrrr

pat
03-Jul-12, 19:46
Poppett
Done some of my recent ones and got vouchers today, will let you know what Stornoway do when vouchers printed and used.

Pal who used to work in store says they used to getpeople using them occasionally.

Kodiak
03-Jul-12, 22:05
@poppett

If you only shop in the Thurso Branch perhaps they are not in the Scheme as I think they are a Tesco Express.

The the Receipt that I put in and got a refund on was from Tesco Wick.

suzieQ
03-Jul-12, 22:30
Just got my last months receipts together so gona keep my fingers crossed!!! :D

Cheers for telling us cazmanian_minx :D

chaz
03-Jul-12, 22:33
It takes my Thurso receipts :) Not been cheaper yet tho :)

Mrs Sweetie
03-Jul-12, 23:09
Kodiak, if you do a search for Tesco Locations it shows both Wick and Thurso as Superstores but you are right that Express is not part of the scheme. This from their T&C :

"Only Tesco Extra, Superstore and Metro formats are included. Products purchased in an Express, Petrol Filling Station or Homeplus stores are not included in the Tesco Price Promise"

and also this:

"The Tesco Price Promise is available to all Tesco Clubcard members"

and:

"Tesco Price Promise vouchers can be redeemed either in store or against an online Grocery order, irrespective of whether the original purchase was made in store or online."

Which implies to me that Wick and Thurso stores should be operating this for their Clubcard members.

I can not see anywhere that certain stores are not part of the scheme other than as stated above although I suppose removing specific stores from the scheme may fall under their condition that they "have the right to withdraw or amend the Tesco Price Promise at any time without notice".

Full Terms & Conditions are here (https://www.tescopricepromise.com/Pricepromise/pages/tsandcs.aspx)

cazmanian_minx
04-Jul-12, 07:12
That's really strange Poppett, most of the receipts I put through it are from Thurso. Maybe give the customer service line a ring and see if they can help you? They sorted two receipts out for me when a computer glitch meant they got stuck in the Price Promise computer and didn't process.

stekar
04-Jul-12, 14:13
It's accepted all my receipts from Thurso. Only got 29p back so far as I only tend to buy stuff that's on offer from Tesco. Shop mostly at Lidls.

poppett
08-Sep-12, 15:18
I have had a couple of vouchers in the last few weeks. One for 3.79 and the other for fourpence!

Just a pity you have to start over every time with basic information. I almost know my clubcard number off by heart now!

Thanks for the link Caz.

Koi
08-Sep-12, 16:34
This is a great tip to remember next time we go to tescos. Think it was a couple of weeks ago lol. I do the food shopping from lidls and only buy cat food and my partners cereal from tescos.

Scunner
08-Sep-12, 16:41
I've ha quite a few pounds back now - nevr any problem with the vouchers