PDA

View Full Version : Torrisdale Tunnel

linda.borgie
24-Jun-12, 21:58
Torrisdale Tunnel - Skerray! ( between bettyhill & tongue and is sign posted)
a small scale croft diversification - self service and always open - definitely worth a visit
we recycle pots and trays and this helps to keep our prices LOW!
come to have a look around, have a seat in the mini orchard or even buy someting!!
we have a good range of bedding, shrubs, hebes, hedging, fruit bushes, native trees
and compost!
it's a fine day out
look forward to your visit :)

bobbyb
09-Jul-12, 11:14
Hi, Just a quick post to say a big thank you to Linda at Torrisdale Tunnel. We were there on Saturday and I fully recommend going a visit. I got really good quality fruit bushes (home grown and not the small weak plants you get in commercial stores, and a lot cheaper). As well as getting the fruit trees I left with a lot of advice and tips from Linda -- for free :) This is the great service that you do not get in places like Homebase. Keep up the good work Linda, will see you again :)

Bobby

Dog-eared
09-Jul-12, 12:09
Skerray's pretty spread out. Where is this ?

bobbyb
09-Jul-12, 16:15
If you google Torrisdale Tunnel you will see Linda has a facebook page and directions there. If you are going from Thurso side towards Tongue you turn right to go up past Borgie Hotel. There are plenty signs on the road :)

linda.borgie
10-Jul-12, 21:15
Thanks Bobby, very kind of you - enjoyed your visit. Fingers crossed that the sun will shine next time! :)

Dog-eared
14-Jul-12, 00:39
Thanks Bobby. I know where Skerray is though ! :-)
I'll Google as you suggest. Thanks.

annemarie482
14-Jul-12, 00:50
i will visit too eventually!
will i need to bring lots of change? reason i ask is i've bought from a few places similar to yourelves, but hate turning up with no idea of costings then seeing things you want but not having the right money for the honesty boxes! lol especially as you a bit out of the way to pop back for more money.

linda.borgie
14-Jul-12, 01:28
There is usually change in the box, but always an idea to bring more . . . . lol!!
Thanks!

annemarie482
14-Jul-12, 01:44
Perfect! As I say most places I've been it's a locked honesty box and if you've no change on you your done for! Lol x

linda.borgie
14-Jul-12, 13:22
hopefully with my signs, it's easy to find!
first sign - at borgie bridge, taking you past borgie hotel
second sign - turn up left into torrisdale
third sign - keep going
sign on gate - you are there!

hope you find something you like! :)

taffy
16-Jul-12, 18:46
Hi I am looking for a hedge between 4-5ft high please or higher do you have such a thing and what would it cost for about 11m long Linda?