PDA

View Full Version : What's Happened to the Org's weather forecaster - Tugmistress?

Venture
19-Nov-06, 19:37
Unusual not to see Tugmistress on her seeing as we are about to be hit by some nasty weather again. Severe weather warning from Metcheck for KW1 area. Heavy rain and strong winds throughout tonight and tomorrow.

kas
19-Nov-06, 19:46
She is away down south this weekend.

badger
19-Nov-06, 20:12
She is away down south this weekend.
Is this allowed? Abandoning us in our hour of need :roll: .

peedie man
19-Nov-06, 20:24
the wind is getting strong here in wick,the rain will not be long,the barometer is dropping fast:(

unicorn
19-Nov-06, 20:40
It's sounding kinda windy here too in Thurso.

Alice in Blunderland
19-Nov-06, 21:35
Not just here that the weather is bad .Husband left earlier to drive to Liverpool he says its been belting rain and wind the whole way to Gretna. :( I dont think hes looking forward to the M6 in this weather.

Wish
19-Nov-06, 21:40
Howling wind and torrential rain in Skye, hmmm now theres a change! (lol) You gotta laugh:confused

Alice in Blunderland
19-Nov-06, 21:46
Never mind wish you could always come to Wick for a change in the weather :lol: yehhhh.How you enjoying life on Skye so far and are you and Jackie going to make it over for .org night out.It might be better weather by then.:cool:

cuddlepop
19-Nov-06, 22:29
Alice I'd love to come over for the Org night out and I'm sure Wish would too,But as far as I can make out getting anytime off in December is really difficult.Too many sick people:eek: .
We'll just have to have a party online I'm sure Pultny would open the bar for us ladies.

Alice in Blunderland
19-Nov-06, 22:50
Naughty thought cant you just be sick....sick of work for a day or two.;)

willowbankbear
20-Nov-06, 07:15
It was a real nasty night out here, 150 mile east of Wick, spray coming over the rails of wur rig, that was between midnight & 4 am . it has fallen away enough to carry on working but it will be blowing up to 70mph tonight:eek:

JAWS
20-Nov-06, 09:15
Don't be soft, blast some loud music over the loudspeakers and imagine you are on a pier at the seaside! ;)

Wish
20-Nov-06, 10:33
Never mind wish you could always come to Wick for a change in the weather :lol: yehhhh.How you enjoying life on Skye so far and are you and Jackie going to make it over for .org night out.It might be better weather by then.:cool:

Settling in now thanks, what a shame about this night out, i'm sure we can organisie something for the spring though!

Ricco
20-Nov-06, 15:49
Awww, give her a break. She needs a hol. It doesn't take much to step outside, hang horizontal onto a railing, wipe the rain from your brow and tell yourself - "yep, it's wet and windy alright" lol ;)

Tugmistress
21-Nov-06, 00:11
Hi guys,
just back from a meeting this weekend, i haven't had chance to catch up on all the charts yet, but there is a weather warning out on the site i use ... it says ...

Storm
The deep low around 60N 15W at midnight will slowly drift east and also fill.

Wind
Gales to severe gale force winds will return today with gusts to storm force.

The area affected will be north of the Great Glen mainly the northern half of the Western Isles with the Northern Isles perhaps affected to some degree.
Winds will remain near gale force well into Tuesday but will be below Alert limits by early morning.

Speeds of 50-60mph with gusts 70-80mph and a probability of isolated gusts to near 90mph, direction west south west to west. These speeds are most likely over the far north west.

In the Northern Isles the direction will be more southerly at first and speeds some 10-15mph lower than those just quoted are more probable.

Rainfall totals of 20-30mm are likely in the same areas from heavy showers or more prolonged spells of rain, with some snow for ground above about 1500ft.
With many river levels high there is some risk of localised flooding.

Wish
21-Nov-06, 00:31
:eek:Blimey days, i'm new to this neck of the woods, so does this include my area Skye?

Has been windy all day but seems to have eased off now.

Tugmistress
21-Nov-06, 00:43
Hi Wish,
just a quick look and the worst you will get now is when the wind turns to your northwest and north, then it will ease up and disappear until the next one is due ;)

Wish
21-Nov-06, 00:48
Thank you x