PDA

View Full Version : Piercings

The Angel Of Death
19-Nov-06, 15:08
Does anyone know of anywhere local that does body piercings?

iain
19-Nov-06, 18:22
Not anymore,Jabs in Wick was where i got mine done,but she is shut now,mores the pity.What you getting done ?

The Angel Of Death
19-Nov-06, 18:55
The other half was thinking about getting the belly button done

Looks like it might have to be Inverness then

funky-dunky
19-Nov-06, 19:11
i know one of the jewelery shops either in present or beside johnstons bakery in thurso does ear piercing but only the bottom i think

young
19-Nov-06, 20:14
The other half was thinking about getting the belly button done

Looks like it might have to be Inverness then

The woman that used to own hobgoblin in thurso does piercings my mate phoned her and she came to her house and done her belly button for her next time i see my mate i will ask her if the woman still does it

The Angel Of Death
19-Nov-06, 21:02
The woman that used to own hobgoblin in thurso does piercings my mate phoned her and she came to her house and done her belly button for her next time i see my mate i will ask her if the woman still does it

Cheers for the info if it can be done locally then its easier than having to go the whole way to inverness

Big G
19-Nov-06, 21:38
i was in Inverness yesterday and in 'Claire's Accessories' in the eastgate centre they were doing free ear piercing out in the shop. Everyone that was in the shop or walking by could see it being done!
I thought there had to be a special room where it is MEGA clean? As on the actual shop floor it isn't very clean with loads of other customers walking in and out??

gunnlass
19-Nov-06, 21:51
Yes the woman from Hobgoblin still does piercings sorry don't know number but if you live in Thurso she has a card in the hairdressers beside Good Vibrations.

percy toboggan
19-Nov-06, 22:00
Never having felt the need to make holes in my body beyond the current natural requirement I'm tempted to ask just what is the attraction?

Stark
19-Nov-06, 22:09
belly button piercings look of, but the ones in they eyebrows and nose ect look awful :confused

nicnak
19-Nov-06, 22:45
The tattooist in alness does piercings if that helps

Jeid
19-Nov-06, 23:30
Ugh, piercings done by a gun should be avoided like the plague.

No need to worry if its the belly button though, it'll be done with a needle.

As for the attraction... what's the attraction with smoking or drinking etc? People want to get it done.

danc1ngwitch
25-Nov-06, 21:03
I got my tongue done but had to go to inverness... my 14 year old laughed for a fortnight at me... now u ask me if it was sore... Don't u dare suggest i was soft... lol Oh and i swallowed the ball that was in my mouth and that was just another laughing fit for her... glad i could be of service in keeping another happy ... [lol]

brandy
25-Nov-06, 21:14
*giggles* i have four new holes.. but not piercings!

connieb19
25-Nov-06, 21:15
*giggles* i have four new holes.. but not piercings!
I can see an infraction coming your way Brandy lol. :eek: :lol:

brandy
25-Nov-06, 22:00
infraction!! *groans* surley not! i really do have four new holes! just had keyhole surgery *Grins* hubby even says two of them look like eyes.. and swear they are staring at him!
hope that hasnt offended anyone!!

sweetpea
26-Nov-06, 01:11
Watched a programme last night and there was a nurse who can't wear earings because of her job so she had a rather delicate place pierced instead. I've got my lobes done 3 times and had my nose done but that;s about it. Wish I had the guts to get my belly button done.

unicorn
26-Nov-06, 01:19
I remember so many people coming into the tattoo parlour when I was in Inverness getting a tattoo done and about 3/4 were told to go eat more burgers and come back when they were fatter, I was in stitches at these mega skinny girls faces. one girl was in with her mum as she was underage and mum was giving consent and she was in tears before it was done cos she was so scared and I just couldn't understand why she was bothering when she was so scared.

brandy
26-Nov-06, 09:34
plain and simple.. peer presure

mums angels
26-Nov-06, 13:25
I had my belly button peirced years ago but had to take it out when i got too big during pregnacy but would love to get it done again but hubby says no...he never liked it much to begin with :( ( warning however it has left a horrid scar)

mama2
27-Nov-06, 00:33
I had my belly button done years ago was not too bad getting it done just sharp pain when the needle went in but it was bearable and over very quickly. Took it out because of pregnancy then got it done again! Do not recommend it the 2nd time round! When you remove a piercing it will leave a scar and when I got it done again it took and awful lot of effort to get the needle through the scar tissue:( If I remember correctly think it was about 4 or 5 attempts:~( Again had to remove it because of another pregnancy so total waste of time, won't be bothering again!!!

Lolabelle
27-Nov-06, 09:01
I don't mind the look of some peircings but am too chicken to get any.
But the tongue, doesn't it affect your speech? I alway think I can detect a lisp when I have met poeple who have thier tongues done.

Jeid
27-Nov-06, 10:33
It does give a slight lisp yeah.

danc1ngwitch
27-Nov-06, 18:40
I don't mind the look of some peircings but am too chicken to get any.
But the tongue, doesn't it affect your speech? I alway think I can detect a lisp when I have met poeple who have thier tongues done.

trust me it affects more than ur speach... Na ur speach gets back to normal after the swelling ( i mean swelling ) ... I found though that it took a few weeks to use ma tongue again to get to ma back teeth. I got it done because its supposed to be a stimulant for the dreaded S word... No I have not had a chance to experiment wea it yet... [lol] And no its not only the L word that gets it done ... <<< i lay back in ma chair hands behind ma head feeling quite relaxed ... nope not dreaming just cause ma belly to large to sit forward..:roll:

George Brims
27-Nov-06, 23:31
i know one of the jewelery shops either in present or beside johnstons bakery in thurso does ear piercing but only the bottom i think

I've heard of some weird places to get pierced but the bottom sounds excruciating!

On a more serious note - take out the tongue ball! It will wear away your bottom teeth.