PDA

View Full Version : Castle of Mey 10k

flash
07-May-12, 12:20
Mrs Flash here!

I was intending to do the Castle of Mey 10k, however my training schedule has not gone to plan :( and i'm not sure if I should still take part. It will be more of a walk/run! (maybe more of a walk lol) Any one else entering whose training plan has not gone to plan and is walk/running the event who may want to join me? :D

porshiepoo
07-May-12, 20:41
Mrs Flash here!

I was intending to do the Castle of Mey 10k, however my training schedule has not gone to plan :( and i'm not sure if I should still take part. It will be more of a walk/run! (maybe more of a walk lol) Any one else entering whose training plan has not gone to plan and is walk/running the event who may want to join me? :D

Gutted as I missed the registration this year.
I wouldn't worry too much as there will be plenty of walk/runners and everyone is so nice and many people are happy to chat as they go round.
Don't worry that your plan hasn't gone as planned, just go and enjoy it.
There is so much support in this race especially at the start/finish line.
Have a blast!

rainbow
07-May-12, 22:12
Due to withdrawls there is places available if you didn't manage to get a place. Check the web site, but I think you turn up at 1.15 and places are given out on a first come first served basis. Good luck to all participants - atmosphere will hopefully be as good as previous years.

KAT1E
11-May-12, 12:46
yeah i've done rubbish too - i'll just walk it and try to jog for bits.... i'll do it tho - at least we have no times to beat, and we dont need to beat ourselves up cos we did cr@p!!!!! see you on sunday, i'll be the last one, but hey, i hear the last one gets a prize :)

flash
11-May-12, 14:19
Thanks for all your kind words, I will be there and will complete the 10k :)

oldmarine
11-May-12, 20:03
Sure wish I was able to run a 10k again. But my WW2 disability is working against me and I don't run too well anymore.

topotheuk
12-May-12, 20:55
Am walking too as I have an injury and canna run, but will walk it so that I can still raise money for my charity :)

Moira
12-May-12, 21:09
Very well done to all of you for entering. Have a fantastic day tomorrow whether you run it, walk it or crawl it. I'm led to believe that the atmosphere is magic with loads of support for everyone taking part. Enjoy taking part and don't get too hung up on the PB's, just enjoy your day. :)

fraz
13-May-12, 18:35
That was a great course today but man was that wind blowing.

Green_not_greed
13-May-12, 19:47
Fraz (and all other runners)

I was there clapping everyone coming in. A tough day but well done to everyone who took part.

Next year I may even do it myself, though not in 36 minutes! An exceptional time especially given the wind.