PDA

View Full Version : Snow

mey999
02-Apr-12, 14:03
Has anybody heard anything about snow forecast for next few days hoping to head north this week !.. cheers..:)

cezzy1234
02-Apr-12, 14:40
just started to snow up here just now

Kodiak
02-Apr-12, 14:42
It is Snowing right Now here in Thurso. I dont think it will lie though, at least I hope not. BRRRRR it is chilly !!

mey999
02-Apr-12, 14:45
thanks for that cezzy

mey999
02-Apr-12, 14:47
thanks Kodiak will put my woolies on

annemarie482
02-Apr-12, 15:44
not a drop of snow over keiss/lyth :confused

Mr P Cannop
02-Apr-12, 15:53
am in thurso and its not snowing here

bigandy.cook
02-Apr-12, 16:18
NO I THINK YOU WILL BE SAFE ENOUGH?

Cheers
Andy

Tugmistress
02-Apr-12, 16:20
I've just copied and pasted this from my Caithness Weather facebook page

Monday, temps dropping from midnight so beware of ice and frost from afternoon onwards, luckily the wind, although coming from the north, wont be very strong at all and looking at the predicted cloud cover we could well get snow in the afternoon but less cloud for the evening and overnight so either light showers of the white stuff or just overcast.
Tuesday, temps will quite possibly give us an 'ice day' ! but on the plus side there again is little wind from the north and also the cloud cover is looking quite light, so possibly one or two showers but more likely overcast and maybe even a bit of sunshine.
Wednesday, looking a bit warmer and warming up throughout the day after about 8am ish, wind will change from the north and back towards the west as the day goes on. A very good chance of ice in the morning though so beware of that, but the chance of white stuff disappears after mid to late afternoon - but having said that, the cloud cover is very light or broken even for the morning and the heavier stuff coming in after tea time but that will produce wet not white stuff.
Thursday, as the temperature goes up through the day towards peaking around tea time, so does the wind, but as the wind veers towards the north again the temps will start reducing again, but as far as it goes up to midnight i don't expect it to get cold enough for ice at low levels, but higher routes it may be a slight risk. Looking like light showers and overcast in the morning but heavier showers or even a possibility of constant rain after lunch time and most of the evening

Kodiak
02-Apr-12, 20:22
Here a a couple of Photo's taken from my front door 5 minutes ago. Slightly Snowy.

http://i.imgur.com/tAgIj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/nysOE.jpg

Phill
02-Apr-12, 23:21
A9 is shite!
Not a gritter in sight, the only bit that seemed treated was Berriedale.
Just come back from Inverness, 3 hours or so it took. Very bad in parts especially Helmsdale to Berriedale.

squidge
03-Apr-12, 00:08
inverness tonight is in a blizzard. Thick snow and I just got in about half an hour ago and it was thick on the A96. Crawling along at 20 mph. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr