PDA

View Full Version : how to make a cd??

gingernut
16-Mar-12, 11:51
Could anyone help?
My hubby really enjoyed a programme recently aired on BBC4. I would like to get this programme on DVD for his birthday in April, but it's not available to buy.
How can the programme be downloaded from BBC iplayer onto DVD and as I don't have the equipment or know how to do this would anyone be able to do this for me?
I'm happy to pay.
Thank you
:)

Phill
16-Mar-12, 11:57
Maybe try posting in the technical section.
I'm sure it can be done, it just needs someone with the right software to rip it to CD/DVD. (and no doubt there'll be a whinge about copyright but if yer pay yer licence fee and yer taxes then you've got yer share in the Beeb anyway)

Big Gaz
16-Mar-12, 13:07
with BBC Iplayer you need to check if its actually still available, then if its available to download. Not all progs are downloadable and most have a 7-day lifespan. What was the programme? it may be available on torrent sites and i'll have a look for you. Easy enough to stick it on a DVD but its whether your DVD player will play homemade discs or not as not all players will. Sorry to have so many negatives in here but just covering the options :-)

gingernut
16-Mar-12, 14:09
with BBC Iplayer you need to check if its actually still available, then if its available to download. Not all progs are downloadable and most have a 7-day lifespan. What was the programme? it may be available on torrent sites and i'll have a look for you. Easy enough to stick it on a DVD but its whether your DVD player will play homemade discs or not as not all players will. Sorry to have so many negatives in here but just covering the options :-)

Hi there Big Gaz.
The programme is called
Who Is Gorky? An Abstract Life (http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01dc584/Storyville_20112012_Who_Is_Gorky_An_Abstract_Life/)and is still available on iplayer. It was on BBC4 Monday 12th March 10pm and will apparently be available on iplayer until 2nd April. We have in the past been able to play a dvd recorded from TV on our dvd player so should hopefully work.
Thanks for your help.

Alrock
16-Mar-12, 20:48
pm sent...

gingernut
16-Mar-12, 20:56
Thanks all of the very kind people who offered to help with this. All being well it has been sorted.
Just want to say what a bunch of great people are on the org.