PDA

View Full Version : Yet more nonsense from the Church

weezer 316
05-Mar-12, 13:24
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9122961/Gay-marriage-is-like-slavery-Catholic-leader-says.html

This man is a moron. Can somone please explain how any religious figure, who venerates a book condoning slavery, mass murder and rape, can comment or morality? What has this got to do with dinosaurs like these?

Corrie 3
05-Mar-12, 14:10
As I was told many, many years ago Weezer............."Poo should only go one way........Downwards!!!"

C3.............:roll:;)

David Banks
05-Mar-12, 17:05
He is quoted as having said:

“further aberrations would take place and society would be degenerating even further than it already has into immorality.”

He must be talking from experience.

Alrock
05-Mar-12, 17:25
Basically this is yet another example of one-sided equality....

Why should same sex couples be given a choice of "Civil Partnership" or "Marriage" when as a heterosexual I only have the option of marriage.... About time a campaign was started demanding equality in choice for us heterosexuals as well....

weezer 316
05-Mar-12, 18:42
Well that another argument for another day Alrock, I am asking why on issues of morality and the like are the church cited by some sections of the press as guardians?? The bible is possibly the most immoral book in existance and is as far from modern values as I think is possible.

Can anyone else name a text supporting slavery, Mass rape, genocide and infanticide? And is that text held as a moral code by anyone?

pig whisperer
05-Mar-12, 21:13
the catholic church covered up child abuse, the preists have to remain celibate [is that natural ] & they are quite happy for poor & desperate people to keep having babies because they are against birth control. glad Im a non believer

Kenn
05-Mar-12, 22:33
Strange is n't it that those who are supposed to teach tolerance,love and equality have blinkers on when it comes to certain parts of the human race?
If there was more practicing of the two laws handed down by Christ, then there might be a few more people attending church and alot less secularism.

RecQuery
06-Mar-12, 10:07
I'm actually glad this is happening and that he said what he did it might make some people on the sidelines realise just how ridiculous religion/superstition/spirituality is.

weezer 316
06-Mar-12, 14:44
Must say I am dissapointed no one of faith is willing to answer the question. Surely if you have any morality at all it would be top of you list after reading the bible!?!?!

Rheghead
06-Mar-12, 16:03
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9122961/Gay-marriage-is-like-slavery-Catholic-leader-says.html

This man is a moron. Can somone please explain how any religious figure, who venerates a book condoning slavery, mass murder and rape, can comment or morality? What has this got to do with dinosaurs like these?

He could be gay himself, you know?. Like when the openly homophobic Liberal Democrat Simon Hughes was put in as the 'straight candidate' against Peter Tatchell (LAB) in the 1983 Bermondsey by-election. He was later caught out phoning gay sex chatlines and forced to come out of the closet in The Sun newspaper.

It is usually those that are shouting loudest in denial that actually are secretly doing it.

gleeber
06-Mar-12, 16:09
Must say I am dissapointed no one of faith is willing to answer the question. Surely if you have any morality at all it would be top of you list after reading the bible!?!?!
I have faith. In spite of all the evidence I still have faith. I have faith in human beings. Its our only hope. [lol]

gleeber
06-Mar-12, 16:12
It is usually those that are shouting loudest in denial that actually are secretly doing it.
Your making an awul noise there rheghead. ;)

Rheghead
06-Mar-12, 16:15
Your making an awul noise there rheghead. ;)

and you are meaning what? :confused

Say what you reallly mean Gleeber, otherwise you will fall into Simon Hughes standards.

gleeber
06-Mar-12, 16:21
and you are meaning what? :confused
It was an attempt at humour. I failed miserably.

golach
06-Mar-12, 16:37
It was an attempt at humour. I failed miserably.

stick to politics and psychology gleeber, your no bad at them [lol]

gleeber
06-Mar-12, 16:47
stick to politics and psychology gleeber, your no bad at them [lol]
There's a turn up for the books. Half a compliment from Golach. [lol]

squidge
06-Mar-12, 17:19
Must say I am dissapointed no one of faith is willing to answer the question. Surely if you have any morality at all it would be top of you list after reading the bible!?!?!Hmmm im not sure im a person of faith however, the man in question is the leader of the Catholic church. There are many many many Christians who are not Catholic and completely disagree with the comments the Cardinal makes. Im sure there are many Catholics who disagree too. Not all Christians support the Cardinal's point of view and there may very well be non christians who think he is talking sense.

Corrie 3
06-Mar-12, 17:47
There's a turn up for the books. Half a compliment from Golach. [lol]
And..................No mention of the SNP or Alex Salmond in the post from Golach.......Thats a first!!!!

C3....................:roll:;)

golach
06-Mar-12, 20:06
And..................No mention of the SNP or Alex Salmond in the post from Golach.......Thats a first!!!!C3.

Not at all Corrie 3, but just to please you, Eck Salmond and Scottish nasties, happy now!!! :lol:

Corrie 3
06-Mar-12, 22:16
Not at all Corrie 3, but just to please you, Eck Salmond and Scottish nasties, happy now!!! :lol:
Thats better......Thats the Golach I know and love !!!!

C3...................:roll:;)

JimH
06-Mar-12, 22:41
Homosexuals are a very small minority in this UK. Unfortunately they make a lot of noise. I preferred it when they were under the rug. I am fed up having it shoved down my throat.
Holy moses is right as far as i am concerned and David Cameron and his queer cronies should also go under the rug. Alex Salmon for president, as we have nobody down here I would vote for. Home rule for the pufters and watch the mods remove this.

Phill
06-Mar-12, 23:08
I am fed up having it shoved down my throat.That's sexual assault surely!! (and you don't know where it's been....well, actually.....)

JimH
06-Mar-12, 23:29
That's sexual assault surely!! (and you don't know where it's been....well, actually.....) OOPS -Pardon my pun:eek:

theone
07-Mar-12, 00:47
Religious "leaders" are automatically granted a level of respect and authority totally outwith the principles of equality and democracy. This has a historical basis and will die out with time, along with church attendances.

In the mean time, it would be a brave politician who would advocate total secularism in our country.

Some said it was a "revelation" when a black man became president of America. I think being an atheist or agnostic would make election far more unlikely.

weezer 316
07-Mar-12, 12:50
Homosexuals are a very small minority in this UK. Unfortunately they make a lot of noise. I preferred it when they were under the rug. I am fed up having it shoved down my throat.
Holy moses is right as far as i am concerned and David Cameron and his queer cronies should also go under the rug. Alex Salmon for president, as we have nobody down here I would vote for. Home rule for the pufters and watch the mods remove this.

Oh do be quiet! Ignorance like that is as dangerous as the cardinals.

Moses didnt exist.

David Cameron Does, so he wins by default

rob1
07-Mar-12, 16:09
Jesus had two Dads........he turned out alright!

JimH
07-Mar-12, 22:05
Oh do be quiet! Ignorance like that is as dangerous as the cardinals.

Moses didnt exist.

David Cameron Does, so he wins by default Just to clear up youre education, "Holy Moses" is any con merchant that wears his collar back to front, and homosexual is the correct word to describe those who have stolen what was a lovely english word "Gay" - and yes David Cameron is in default, so you got something right. Oh, and my wife says she does not want marriage castgated by Homosexuals.

Whitewater
07-Mar-12, 22:35
Jesus had two Dads........he turned out alright!

Nice one rob 1.

Seems to me that these things have been hidden and denied by the church for far too long, you can see the mess the Catholic Church has got itself into by accepting and ignoring the ''wrongs'' of its supposed whiter than white members.

It is the way things are going in the world now, we have to accept that. I have gay friends, they don't bother me, I accept them, they accept me for what I am. Many have contributed a lot to our society over the years. They have always been with us, it is nothing new, only more public and honest.
It's a shame that some church members can't accept it, particularly when so many of their own senior members are gay. Perhaps that is why they make so much noise about it.

squidge
07-Mar-12, 23:13
Why on earth would anyone judge people for what they do in bed!

golach
07-Mar-12, 23:17

But squidge they do it in mens toilets too, see George Michael cases, and up on Calton Hill in Edinburgh when its dark allegedly.

squidge
08-Mar-12, 00:41
Well Golach, fair enough there are public decency laws - but they apply to heterosexuals also - Hugh Grant and yon wifie from East Enders. I dont care what people do in the privacy of their own sex life. I find gay sex unappetising but then I cant get excited about feet either! As for gay marriage well, if you love someone and want to be with someone for ever then go ahead, you will square it with your own God if you have one or not as the case may be. It was said by Rita Mae Brown in the days when the word "queer" was used more often than today that the only truly "queer" people in society are those who dont love anybody. Im not a religious persn but the phrase that sticks with me from my childhood is that God is Love and Mother Theresa's words are truest here - Where there is love there is God. if this is the case then why does the cardinal think that gay people cannot know god or do gods will? mad if you ask me.

Rheghead
08-Mar-12, 03:05

I suppose it's ok to do it on ability rather than character.

John Little
08-Mar-12, 08:56
I suppose it's ok to do it on ability rather than character.

In bed? :eek:

Rheghead
08-Mar-12, 12:41
In bed? :eek:

That depends on one's assertiveness.

Phill
08-Mar-12, 12:55
That depends on one's assertiveness.Hmmm, kinky!