PDA

View Full Version : tumble dryer not drying, help

mo2
01-Feb-12, 22:59
Hi just wondering if some1 can help me, iv got a sensor condenser tumble dryer and it stops going when the cloths are still damp, dose any1 know what it might be? and if any1 knows any1 who could possibly fix it for cheap or should i just get a new one??

bluelady
01-Feb-12, 23:45
our old one used to do that when the lower filter was blocked- not the one you usually empty each time, but e one further down.Also some need their water containers emptied after each load. falling that,it may be an element going. There used to be a mannie in Thurso that mended them.

dx100uk
02-Feb-12, 02:11
go through the manual [troubleshooting]

check those filters

9/10 times its them

it wont be the element, they either work or not

it will be the dampness sensor being fooled

typically because the damp [conductive] air is not getting through to it because the airway it blocked

dx

annemarie482
02-Feb-12, 09:32
sounds like the thermostats gone.
should just be a case of screw the old one off the back and replace it.
its not expensive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yELVDf6QKUk

jimbews
02-Feb-12, 11:00
our old one used to do that when the lower filter was blocked- not the one you usually empty each time, but e one further down.Also some need their water containers emptied after each load. falling that,it may be an element going. There used to be a mannie in Thurso that mended them.
I'll second the comment about the lower filter.
I hadn't read the manual and didn't know about the lower filter: what a mess it was in once I did find it.
Other problem we did have with the condenser tumble drier was if the vent to the outside got frozen, which it can do quite easily as it is water rather than moist air that is vented.

mo2
02-Feb-12, 12:17
hey all than for comments, i empty the water filter after every load and clean out the bottom filter every 1-2 months so its not them. It dosent have a vent that goes outside just one that fills with water.