PDA

View Full Version : Who did William George Watt marry in Helmsdale?

weewend
02-Nov-06, 20:06
Hi All,
Is there anyone who could please help me solve a mystery covering 3 counties.

William George Watt was born in Thurso 14 April 1907 and worked in the Co-op in Wick before going to Helmsdale to work in the Co-op there.
He married a woman from Helmsdale and they had a daughter, this my dilemma, to whom was he married and who was the daughter?

William joined the army 4/5th Bn Seaforth Highlanders (TA) in 1925 and in 1928 enlisted in the Royal Corps of Signals for 6 years.
He died on 1st Oct 1970 in Notely Hospital, Braintree, Essex and was buried in Colchester Cemeteryon 4th Oct 1970.

Does this ring any bells with anyone? Do you know the Helmsdale woman that he married or the daughters name?

They may all have moved to Colchester. His second marriage in Cochester was to Dorothy Kayes in 1949.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

trinkie
02-Nov-06, 21:31
Hallo,

Have you tried Scotlandspeople...... see the Thread by Bill Fernie at the top of the Genealogy page for the correct address.

If Wm G Watt was born in 1907 it's possible he married before 1930.
Scotlandspeople have Marriage certificates up till 1930

They also have Death certificates up to 1955

Register House in Edinburgh would have the Birth Cert for the daughter and a marriage cert if he married after 1930 there would be a charge for this .

There is a charge for Scotlandspeople too..... £6 for 30 credits.
but if you have sufficient details - name , approx date of birth, district,
then you should be able to find the Marriage cert and only use 6 credits.

Army Records can be got if you have a Death Cert for the person you are searching, this takes some months for the Search They are in Glasgow - I dont have the address just now.

Good luck
Trinkie