PDA

View Full Version : Fast Track the Tax Threshold rise

Nick Noble
30-Jan-12, 12:12
If you support Nick Clegg's call for the Tax Threshold to rise to £10000 even sooner than originally envisaged in the coalition agreement then you might like to sign this petition http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/28640

If you haven't heard about this you can get further details on plenty of news web sites, here's the BBC report http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16730098

Corrie 3
30-Jan-12, 14:10
I'm sorry Nick but if Cleggy had any clout in the coalition then there would not be any need for a petition at all!
This just goes to show that Cleggy is only a puppet and has no real power at all and I for one am not going to sign any petition which makes the LibDems look good when they are clearly not!
If Cleggy feels so strongly on this point he would say to Wavy Davey that if it's not sorted in the next budget, then be prepared for some non co-operation on other issues. If the LibDems have teeth it's about time they shown them and start biting Davey's bum a bit!!

C3...........:eek:[disgust]

weezer 316
30-Jan-12, 14:27
I dont back it at all. Dont know how many times i have said it, we dont pay enough tax. Keep it as is. We moan about service being cut then expect to pay less tax. Hypocrites.

RecQuery
30-Jan-12, 14:30
I dont back it at all. Dont know how many times i have said it, we dont pay enough tax. Keep it as is. We moan about service being cut then expect to pay less tax. Hypocrites.

Presumably if they drop tax on the first 10k they could raise tax on the next 10k or next 20k or whatever. I don't see a problem with the current level either though. I'd like to see more taxes at some levels also.

Gronnuck
30-Jan-12, 14:48
I'm all for any relief for the lowest paid and people with small fixed incomes - I'm signing.

weezer 316
30-Jan-12, 19:18
Presumably if they drop tax on the first 10k they could raise tax on the next 10k or next 20k or whatever. I don't see a problem with the current level either though. I'd like to see more taxes at some levels also.

The problem then becomes the next tax bracket up. There will be whinging they are paying for people who earn less, and then a urge to shift the burden up the way, and then again and then again. Then those in the top 10% (thats at about 47k a year) of PAYE are left to foot the bill for service they could afford anyway, like healthcare and schooling, for those who earn less and coudlnt afford those service......and then the worse off complain they are still paying for these services!!

Riles me peoples view on tax. And I stress im one of those who will benefit the most from this. Chirst as it is im up by about £150 from the exchequer, I dont really pay any tax at all.

Gronnuck
30-Jan-12, 20:16
The problem then becomes the next tax bracket up. There will be whinging they are paying for people who earn less, and then a urge to shift the burden up the way, and then again and then again. Then those in the top 10% (thats at about 47k a year) of PAYE are left to foot the bill for service they could afford anyway, like healthcare and schooling, for those who earn less and coudlnt afford those service......and then the worse off complain they are still paying for these services!!

Riles me peoples view on tax. And I stress im one of those who will benefit the most from this. Chirst as it is im up by about £150 from the exchequer, I dont really pay any tax at all.

Oh I have a certain amount of sympathy for your opinion but there are a significant number of lesser skilled and older people who have worked all their lives, paid their taxes saved a little nestegg and are even in receipt of a small pension. But then the financial crisis hit and they saw the value of what little savings they have lose interest and then lose value through inflation. As inflation increased the price of food and energy their resources became squeezed.
At this point younger people can re evaluate their work/life balance and possible think of changing career or moving to get better paid work. Some might even contemplate emigrating. For those that can't they have to look for relief wherever they can get it.
I would be happy to pay less tax on my meagre income.