PDA

View Full Version : Loch More @ Night

Mystical Potato Head
15-Jan-12, 11:26
Taken at around midnight.The moon had just risen enough to
shine a little light on the loch but the Andromeda and Triangulum Galaxies were still visble as small faint smudges.(right of center).A nice way to end a 5 hour shoot.

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo189/sat5_photos/LochMorePanoramaflickr-1.jpg

bcsman
15-Jan-12, 14:46
Beautiful picture

astroman
15-Jan-12, 17:40
Simply stunning MPH.

I've not seen M33 stand out so well with such a short exposure - it must have been really clear - any idea what the naked eye limiting magnitude was?

Mystical Potato Head
15-Jan-12, 19:12
Simply stunning MPH.

I've not seen M33 stand out so well with such a short exposure - it must have been really clear - any idea what the naked eye limiting magnitude was?

I would put it at around 6.5 -7 although probably nearer 7,thats just an educated guess based on the fact i could see M33 with averted vision and my eyesight is not what it was so it was probabaly
visible without it.
Its certainly a pretty dark site,so many stars reflecting on the Loch was the highlight for me,so long since i last saw that.

Just checked the needless light pollution sight and it has the area around Loch more as,with good seeing conditions, about 6.7-7 near the North End but if you go a few miles to the southwest it goes down
to 7.5.
Certainly not many places with darker skies anywhere in the UK.

http://www.need-less.org.uk/

Deemac
17-Jan-12, 01:05
That's a stunner MPH. Such dedication. Quality as always. I was there about 9 hours earlier!

Mystical Potato Head
17-Jan-12, 23:56
Aye,i noticed you got some crackers,just a shame the best sunset was on Friday.
Colours must have lasted about 90 minutes.I was watching them from work,cursing away to myself
that i didnt have the camera with me.

Deemac
18-Jan-12, 00:23
Yes, I went out with high hopes of a repeat of Fridays sunset, (which I also missed) but it wasn't to be!! Still thoroughly enjoyed myself and talking to the other half dozen togs milling aboot the place!