PDA

View Full Version : The General Section

scrapydoo
30-Oct-06, 16:54
Org pub, Coffee shop and jokes have all been moved to the game section. Not everyones cup of tea but neither is taxes or politics. What does everyone want to see in the general section?
Who decided they'd be better shifted and why? okay, someone did say they found the coffee shop to be mind-numbing :roll: (Not even a mention of tiger jones's talent). some of us can say that about politics.
What about strange goings on!! I found that mind-numbing and loopy!!! spilt superglue!!, spilt milk!! there should be a handy-tips section.
What do you all want to discuss in the general section, as i can see it is becoming very boring and no real topics of interest. Why advertise a halloween party etc, would'nt that be better in 'what's on in caithness'.
Okay we all have different topics of interest but why shove humour out of the general? Why not shove taxes and politics to their very own rant section?
It's no wonder some of the best rarely post on here now.:roll:

willowbankbear
30-Oct-06, 21:54
Aye Scrappydoo, Ive been speaking to a few of my Org pals & theyve been wondering the same thing, why omit the humour? Why not get rid of the flippin lost cats & political rants?;)

Rheghead
30-Oct-06, 22:06
Org pub, Coffee shop and jokes have all been moved to the game section. Not everyones cup of tea but neither is taxes or politics. What does everyone want to see in the general section?
Who decided they'd be better shifted and why? okay, someone did say they found the coffee shop to be mind-numbing :roll: (Not even a mention of tiger jones's talent). some of us can say that about politics.
What about strange goings on!! I found that mind-numbing and loopy!!! spilt superglue!!, spilt milk!! there should be a handy-tips section.
What do you all want to discuss in the general section, as i can see it is becoming very boring and no real topics of interest. Why advertise a halloween party etc, would'nt that be better in 'what's on in caithness'.
Okay we all have different topics of interest but why shove humour out of the general? Why not shove taxes and politics to their very own rant section?
It's no wonder some of the best rarely post on here now.

Why not have a Belly-Aching section for when orgers just want a good whinge? Be nowt in e general bit after that...

Colin Manson
30-Oct-06, 22:20
I moved the joke into the Games section for a number of reasons.

1) More and more jokes threads were appearing and I felt that they would benefit from being in a specific section.

2) Jokes were being repeated, probably due to the fact that they disappear very quickly from the index page of the general section because of the number of topics that get posted in there.

3) Topics for general debate were being pushed very quickly from the index page due to the number of joke threads.

The structure of the forum evolves over time and I move things around as I see fit, that's what Administrators do. It was discussed with the moderators and the idea seemed agreeable. I don't ask for everyone opinion or post a poll, it's not practical.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
30-Oct-06, 22:33

1) More and more jokes threads were appearing and I felt that they would benefit from being in a specific section.

2) Jokes were being repeated, probably due to the fact that they disappear very quickly from the index page of the general section because of the number of topics that get posted in there.

3) Topics for general debate were being pushed very quickly from the index page due to the number of joke threads.

The structure of the forum evolves over time and I move things around as I see fit, that's what Administrators do. It was discussed with the moderators and the idea seemed agreeable. I don't ask for everyone opinion or post a poll, it's not practical.

I was gonnae post on the changing org thread but this one is a part of the parcel I wis gonna post.Sams thread ended up as a posters v Mod fight.

The org has changed...in 2 days.A joke section has arrived.The place has needed one for many a moon.So the jokes and light hearted posts go into this section wi pultneytooners song thread.

This is the problem,not Admin,Moderators.The forum has become like the BBC Radio stations,everybody wanted to be on Radio One,i.e the General Section.Now folks posts have been regulated down to different parts of the forum.So one of yer threads that was on Radio One is now on Radio Five.

Noo I know ma fellow orgers Chobbers and Gleber 2 will argue that Radio One ain't the general section but the music section,cos thats their main love.So in ma eyes this has changed for me,ma Radio One has changed now from the General Section to the NEW Jokes Section

willowbankbear
30-Oct-06, 22:51
What that translates down to is...... theres nae crack on the org!!!

willowbankbear
30-Oct-06, 22:56

One thread that I felt should have been moved was the Tore Roundabout , it was tedium, the more joke threads Id post to get it down the board, the more other would post to bring it back to the top[evil] It was a straightforward case of read the highway code to me. It developed into a slanging match if I recall , with 1 of the mods again & a younger poster. I was glad to see it go

Cedric Farthsbottom III
30-Oct-06, 23:03
What that translates down to is...... theres nae crack on the org!!!

There's plenty o' craic on the org Bear,its just turned into Sky TV.Plug into the channel ye want to see.The general section used to be like BBC1,cannae remember the last time I tuned in there.But now and again a programme or thread will come yer way,like the NEW Royle Family last night,and if a thread gets ye,ye will post.......I'm sure the orgers will:lol: :lol:

Rheghead
30-Oct-06, 23:06
One thread that I felt should have been moved was the Tore Roundabout , it was tedium, the more joke threads Id post to get it down the board, the more other would post to bring it back to the top[evil] It was a straightforward case of read the highway code to me. It developed into a slanging match if I recall , with 1 of the mods again & a younger poster. I was glad to see it go

The problem there was that the Highway code could not resolve the problem of the Tore roundabout.