PDA

View Full Version : tremor in Wick

katarina
03-Jan-12, 17:40
Did anyone else feel an earth tremor at 4.00am this morning in the loch street area? Definately happened.

bekisman
03-Jan-12, 17:53
Did anyone else feel an earth tremor at 4.00am this morning in the loch street area? Definately happened.
I'm being serious Katarina, but why not report it to the British Geological Survey (BGS) as they ask for reports - "We use this to study the effects of earthquakes by inviting people to record what they experienced."

I've filled one out myself as a number of years ago when we had a 'tremor' at Strathy Point, weird, the whole house shook, (and was not bombing at Durness) they logged it but in this instance found no seismic activity.

I do know what a tremor is like, as experienced one in Hong Kong when the 1969 Yangjiang earthquake killed many thousands over in China..
http://earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk/questionnaire/EqQuestIntro.html

Rheghead
03-Jan-12, 18:13

Are you sure it wasn't a taxi driver stamping his foot because he couldn't get any petrol at Tesco?

bekisman
03-Jan-12, 20:21
Are you sure it wasn't a taxi driver stamping his foot because he couldn't get any petrol at Tesco?Do you get pleasure in mocking orgers?:confused

Kevin Milkins
03-Jan-12, 20:54
I didn't hear of feel anything of this one in Wick, but I know the feeling of experiencing such a thing at about four in the morning and not being sure if it was real or not.

About ten years ago I lived in Shropshire and was awoke in the early hours by a rumble and the glass ornaments by the side of the bed was shaking and rattling.:eek: By the time I woke Mr's M up it had stopped and she told me I must have been dreaming and to go back to sleep.
:confused
The next morning it was announced that a sizable earth tremor happened with the epicentre being Dudley, (about fourteen miles away) and when we lit our multi fuel fire we discovered that it had cracked the cast iron chimney.

Rheghead
03-Jan-12, 21:00
Do you get pleasure in mocking orgers?:confused

You just can't resist can you?

phil1958
03-Jan-12, 21:59
i agree with bekisman to many people add there bit when its nothing to do with the question so if they havent got an ans then just play with there toys

Beat Bug
04-Jan-12, 01:04
A couple of years ago when there was a tremor in Lincolnshire in the wee small hours, I felt it under my feet here in Latheron. At the time I thought it was a bigger lorry than usual passing by.

billmoseley
04-Jan-12, 17:43
i agree with bekisman to many people add there bit when its nothing to do with the question so if they havent got an ans then just play with there toys or maybe they are just trying to have a joke and lighten the mood. ( makes note in diary no more funny remark)

bekisman
04-Jan-12, 18:01
or maybe they are just trying to have a joke and lighten the mood. ( makes note in diary no more funny remark)
Come on Biil; you ARE funny;)

Rheghead
04-Jan-12, 18:04
Come on Biil; you ARE funny;)

You're not a bad comedian yourself.

bekisman
04-Jan-12, 18:06
You're not a bad comedian yourself.
Thank you kind sir, you are a gentleman, I am so pleased you recognise humour when you see it

Corrie 3
04-Jan-12, 18:15
You're not a bad comedian yourself.I would love to say the Earth moved for me about that time.......But sadly it didn't!!!!

C3..........:roll:;)

billmoseley
04-Jan-12, 18:23
tut everyone now we are all having a laugh you know it's not allowed

bekisman
04-Jan-12, 18:27
tut everyone now we are all having a laugh you know it's not allowed
Yes there are other threads for humour you know! ;)

catran
04-Jan-12, 22:44
What kind of earth tremor was there cracks in the patio and walls ect?