PDA

View Full Version : Debit card found in thurso

hendie7
24-Dec-11, 19:23
I found a brand new,unsigned debit card in my street in Thurso today.I phoned police station and they took a note of it.They couldnt accept it as they would not be allowed to hand it back to the individual. They said to post it through door of bank when i was next down the street. If you have lost your debit card or know someone who has today then private message me. I still have the card meantime but will be returning it to the bank when i get a chance.

Alrock
24-Dec-11, 20:06
I phoned police station and they took a note of it.They couldnt accept it as they would not be allowed to hand it back to the individual. They said to post it through door of bank when i was next down the street.

Strange advice from the Police, honest but strange....
What if.... You subsequently went on a shopping spree with said card & it then emerged in court that the police had the opportunity to take possession of the said card but actively discouraged you from doing the honest thing & handing it in to them....

starfish
24-Dec-11, 20:16
i know this is a bit different but yesterday while at work i answered the phone to a bt alter-mated called where the voice mail told me someone account number sort code and security number.i phoned the police as did not know whom to contact to be told by the officer not to worry about it as once it read then you can not get it again but i had written all the numbers down needless to say the paper i wrote it on was shredded but what if i was in the mind to hit a online site and spend spend and spend it makes you wonder who secure our bank accounts are

bekisman
24-Dec-11, 20:38
This is also different but again confidential details given out, a short while ago Mrs Beks received a letter from HMRC with a credit transfer to allow her to pay her yearly tax bill.
Also in the same envelope was an SA statement of Account for a Mr X, giving his full address, tax ref number, NI number and giving details of a balancing payment and details of a 1st and a 2nd Surcharge..

Immediately phoned HMRC and informed them, they asked for the NI number on the form, said there had been a 'Security Breach' and Mrs Beks was asked to destroy the statement..

Someone's a bit clumsy!

EDDIE
24-Dec-11, 21:48
I found a brand new,unsigned debit card in my street in Thurso today.I phoned police station and they took a note of it.They couldnt accept it as they would not be allowed to hand it back to the individual. They said to post it through door of bank when i was next down the street. If you have lost your debit card or know someone who has today then private message me. I still have the card meantime but will be returning it to the bank when i get a chance.
If i was u i would cut the card up and bin it who ever owns that card should if they have any sense get the account frozen and new card ordered up regardless if they get there card back or not?

hendie7
02-Jan-12, 15:43
close this thread please