PDA

View Full Version : Schools closed Friday

Fran
27-Oct-06, 00:05
Heard on Moray Firth Radio that primary schools are all closed tomorrow in wick, Castletown and Miller Academy in Thurso.

dunderheed
27-Oct-06, 07:44
castletown and millar closed,3 bears closed,thurso college closed to students. so far

jaykay
27-Oct-06, 07:49
Heard on Moray Firth Radio that primary schools are all closed tomorrow in wick, Castletown and Miller Academy in Thurso.

Don't the schools not normally close on Saturday's then?

j4bberw0ck
27-Oct-06, 08:08
Forgive me if this sounds cynical but whenever there's a problem during the latter half of the week, the schools close on a Friday. I guess teachers like days off as much as the rest of us, especially when they've just had to make do with only two weeks off - just a few weeks after having had 7 weeks off - then two days "training" which have to be done in term time for some reason. :evil

I know, I know - it the Education Dept which calls it, but it does seem strange. And I suppose if I'm honest, if I had to teach some of the pathetic excuses for humanity which wander through Kirkwall's streets throwing chips and litter at each other and swearing at the tops of their voices, and I couldn't thump the little sods, I'd probably need 7 weeks off too.

krieve
27-Oct-06, 08:30
So are all the primary schools in wick shut then haven't heard on mfr yet? :~( [lol]

dunderheed
27-Oct-06, 08:33
all schools in wick open at the moment

willowbankbear
27-Oct-06, 08:34
I thought ye had left school Krieve:Razz

krieve
27-Oct-06, 08:48
I thought ye had left school Krieve:Razz

sadly yes i have left school bear [lol]

Billy Boy
27-Oct-06, 09:04
Don't the schools not normally close on Saturday's then?

yes, but its not saturday lol, its friday :roll:

mums angels
27-Oct-06, 09:22
[quote=j4bberw0ck;151836]Forgive me if this sounds cynical but whenever there's a problem during the latter half of the week, the schools close on a Friday. I guess teachers like days off as much as the rest of us, especially when they've just had to make do with only two weeks off - just a few weeks after having had 7 weeks off - then two days "training" which have to be done in term time for some reason. :evil

i don't know about the other schools that are closed today but Miller is closed because of flood damage to corridors, some cloakrooms and classrooms, aswell as the footbridge to mount vernon has been deemed unsafe by police

Piglet
27-Oct-06, 09:27
Forgive me if this sounds cynical but whenever there's a problem during the latter half of the week, the schools close on a Friday. I

Castletown Schools boiler room is flooded.