PDA

View Full Version : Help! I'm Santa

Errogie
14-Dec-11, 10:13
Perhaps it's one of life's landmark occasions but when somebody asked the question at last night's Community Council meeting all eyes turned to me and I couldn't duck out and say my figure was alll wrong and I guess I do have the years and a few grey hairs.

So any tips on how to play this, I was rather thinking about the Johnny Depp Captain Jack Sparrow approach but don't think the suit will lend itself to the swagger and minceing step.

Any tips would be welcome.

Tugmistress
14-Dec-11, 11:36
lmao, sorry, i don't know who you are but i have this mental image of johnny depp in a santa suit now!
Just think back to your childhood and imagine the best santa you can and emulate that :)

Kodiak
14-Dec-11, 13:17
I have done this several times. The best advice I can give you is this, Move slowly with no sudden movements as this can frighten a child. Speak Very clearly but softly at the same time.

Get a story in your mind and keep to it as it is easier this way. I used to go to an optician and borrow a pair of Metal Frames and wore them perched on my nose as I felt a bit more in Character.

Remember to take off all rings and watches Etc as one year I left my watch on and it took some quick thinking as nearly all asked me why I was wearing one. The answer was that it was a special watch and with it I slowed down time so I could go around the world in 24 Hours.

Most importantly show no Fear and have FUN. If you have FUN the Kids will and that means lots of Happy Kids.

HO HO HO !!!

Blondie
14-Dec-11, 13:35
What a lovely heartwarming post Kodiak :)