PDA

View Full Version : Humane Garden Mole Deterrent

picturegifts
13-Dec-11, 15:57
Does anyone have any tips for a humane way i.e. not spearing, decapitating, shooting or blowing up, of scaring away/capturing garden moles?
i have tried the device in the ground which is supposed to scare them away with a pulse every 30 seconds but moles seem to like it and and treat like their very own "Glastonbury"

annemarie482
15-Feb-12, 01:52
i feel your pain!
i currently have 43 molehills at the front of our bungalow and another 27 at the back!! a few more dotted along the drive too. driving me mad!

pat
15-Feb-12, 09:47
This I think was the last mole thread -

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?130468-Does-anybody-know......&highlight=mole

Gronnuck
06-Apr-12, 20:20
I swear by 'Sonic Mole Guards'. They're available from Amazon and various online garden retailers. I started using them after the 'lawn' was visited in 2009/10. Last year I only had a couple of visitors and this year none at all. What I did was identify the moles' favoured areas and installed the Mole Guards. In October I inserted the batteries, Tesco's own will do. In April I use a magnet to retrieve the batteries and I drop in a bag of Silica Gel before screwing the lid back on. I keep the batteries in a cool dry cupboard and test them before using them again in the October.
The 'Sonic Mole Guards' emit a noise and vibration that deters the moles and this serves to keep them in the field next door.

hillyhonk
16-Apr-12, 18:33
Dont feel threatened; love the mole!!
He has just provided you with some beautiful topsoil! lovey and fine for pots etc. All we do is take a bucket and spade and skim off the hill, then take a brush and sweep the rest into the grass. All gone and no guilt