PDA

View Full Version : Someone has a new (ish) iPod Touch

The Happy Humanist
12-Dec-11, 18:07
:( My sons iPod Touch has been taken from the front of our car, probably when it was parked in Thurso, but it may have been further afield.
This was few weeks ago now.
I know it should have put away and/or locked the door, but we didn't and are kicking ourselves enough without someone reminding us,thanks;)
Anyway, we have checked with the police and no-one has handed it in in a fit of conscience, so I thought I would appeal to orgers, just in case.
It is old and scratched, but he got it for his 16th birthday and it has an engraving relating to swimming on the back. It is loaded with music and a few films. It probably isn't worth a great deal for resale, but you know the value lies elsewhere...............
Anyway, if anyone offers you a cheap 2nd hand iPod Touch for sale and you think it might be this one, please let me know. If someone you know has appeared with an iPod, perhaps unwittingly having bought it from the thief claiming it to be their own, then I would be glad to hear from you and would try to help you recover the costs in some way if possible.
We just really would like to have it back.
Thank you for reading.

donnick
13-Dec-11, 00:06
hope you get it back and maybe with the engraving it may help ........good luck x

John Little
13-Dec-11, 05:02
Just a thought; the thief will not have the charger; if they have no Ipod Touch then they will need one. If anyone orders a new charger over the next few days then it might be a lead worth following. The local population is not that large.

You could not find out if any new chargers had been ordered, coincidentally, over the last few days.

But someone has just stolen a very nice piece of kit, value about £140 from you.

The Police could find out quite easily....

pottheed
13-Dec-11, 17:54
There are thousands of places to buy chargers from, and I lose them like no tomorrow! I have just ordered 2 more should I expect a knock on the door?

John Little
13-Dec-11, 18:26
Got any better suggestions?

What I meant was that if the thief was dumb enough to order it from Apple then it might provide an indication.

Might.

The alternative appears to be to do nothing.

teddybear1873
13-Dec-11, 19:25
These type of gadgets get stolen a lot. As for the engraving, all the thief has to do is change the cover. My step daughter had hers stolen in school and the authorities did their best to find the person who stole it but failed.

I would say your chances or getting it back are 0................But you never know.

Good luck.

sids
13-Dec-11, 21:33
Good job they didn't steal the car. The insurance people would ask you why the car wasn't locked.

The Happy Humanist
13-Dec-11, 22:23
:lol: you don't know my car!! :lol:

*Martin*
14-Dec-11, 03:00
It's a bit late now but for the iPhone you get an app called "Find my iPhone". You can log on to a PC and it will give you the GPS location of your phone. It also allows you to erase all content and send it a message.

If your son gets his iPod back (or a new one) it'd maybe be worth looking into a similar app.

On a side note: Ever since I was a sprog (I say at the old age of 25 :roll: ), all over Caithness people have left things unlocked. Whether it's their house, their car or even their push bike outside a shop. My old man always said we were lucky to live in such a decent county where you could do this without worrying.

Unfortunately, the times have changed.

Best of luck in getting it back.

dx100uk
14-Dec-11, 03:21
its an ipod touch..........

dx

The Happy Humanist
14-Dec-11, 16:35
It's a bit late now but for the iPhone you get an app called "Find my iPhone". You can log on to a PC and it will give you the GPS location of your phone. It also allows you to erase all content and send it a message.

If your son gets his iPod back (or a new one) it'd maybe be worth looking into a similar app.

On a side note: Ever since I was a sprog (I say at the old age of 25 :roll: ), all over Caithness people have left things unlocked. Whether it's their house, their car or even their push bike outside a shop. My old man always said we were lucky to live in such a decent county where you could do this without worrying.

Unfortunately, the times have changed.

Best of luck in getting it back.
Thank you Martin, one nice thing though, the police said this type of theft is still very rare in Caithness, so its still a better place to live than many eh?