PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Delivery by Royal Mail

Kodiak
09-Dec-11, 13:20
My Grand Daughters are of the age of being very excited by Christmas. So this year we have saved up and bought them quite a few Christmas Presents. One of the main reasons we that we do not get to see them very often as they live in Edinburgh and we live in Thurso.

So we Packed up all their Christmas Presents along with Presents for our Son and Daughter-in-Law. Not only that but there was two lots of Birthday Presents as well.

Some of the presents were fairly large and some quite heave, like a set of books for our son which weighed nearly 20 Kilos. In the end we had 7 Boxes all packed and wrapped ready for posting.

We took them all to the Post Office yesterday at 12.30 pm and them all duely weighed and posted by First Class mail.

At 10.45 am this morning we had a Phone call from our son advising us that all 7 parcels had just arrived safely.

That is what I call super service from Royal Mail, less than 24 hours from Thurso to Edinburgh considering all the bad weather at the moment in the central belt.

So A Big Well Done to Royal Mail.

If you have any parcels with Christmas Presents then Royal Mail is the way to go for a fast safe delivery.

Please note I say Royal Mail and not Parcelforce. Parcelforce might be part of Rpyal Mail but not as quick in Delivery, that is why I made sure my Parcels went First Class Royal Mail. Royal Mail is also cheaper than Parcelforce as they have no delivery zones.

ShelleyCowie
09-Dec-11, 13:46
Now thats good service! :) We were going to be posting things down to the inlaws in Inverness, but instead have decided a day trip to Inverness :)

purplelady
09-Dec-11, 14:22
going to post a parcel to england today hoping I get that good service lol xxxxxxxxx

Hibeechick
09-Dec-11, 15:19
I use royal mail for my floral delivery service and can't say a bad word against them. Ive posted flowers around mid day and have them arrive in Wales 9am the next morning! xxx

witchschild
09-Dec-11, 18:05
Not that long ago posted a parcel by Royal Mail from Caithness to family living in New Zealand. Got an email less than 48 hours later to say it had arrived!!! Now that's what I call really good service.

sandyr1
09-Dec-11, 18:56
Of course you have good service...You have a Canadian Woman running it....Would you have expected less!