PDA

View Full Version : Castletown Pry School Closing 1pm??

marksay
26-Oct-06, 11:34
jUST HAD A CALL FROM SCHOOL TO SAY SCHOOLCHILDREN WHO REQUIRE BUSES WILL BE COMING HOME AT 1PM. NOT SURE ABOUT THE OTHER CHILDREN.

Piglet
26-Oct-06, 11:53
it is just the bus pupils that are allowed to go home.

bobsgirl
26-Oct-06, 11:56
I am in 2 minds whether to keep my son home after lunch, I know it aint long to home time but the weather is just getting worse instead of better. I got soak going from car to my daughter's nursery and then she got soaked going back to the car....she had her wellies on so she didnt mind splashing me in the big puddles!!!
I do know that some mums have already been into the school to pick up their kids but not sure if they are from country or not!!
Do we keep our kids in school or take them home???

Piglet
26-Oct-06, 11:59
I want to take mine home but it was the country kids that were being taken out of school - dunnet & murkle but im not happy at them being there.

I don't drive either so even if school closes i will have to take my little boy back out in that rain.:(

unicorn
26-Oct-06, 12:00
I have 2 kids here whose parents told me not to put them to school today and I can't wait to see my poor daughters angry face when she gets home cos I put her to school but wish I hadn't now. I think as a parent it is your choice as to what you want to do with the child's safety in mind, if my daughter was home lunch I certainly wouldn't send her back out in the rain.

bobsgirl
26-Oct-06, 12:04
I have 2 kids here whose parents told me not to put them to school today and I can't wait to see my poor daughters angry face when she gets home cos I put her to school but wish I hadn't now. I think as a parent it is your choice as to what you want to do with the child's safety in mind, if my daughter was home lunch I certainly wouldn't send her back out in the rain.

That sounds like a good idea unicorn.
At Miller Academy, the lunch hall is outside of the school and the kids have to go out in the rain anyway to get their lunch. (If school dinners).
I was tempted to call the school and see if I could put a packed lunch down for him if they were allowed to eat in class. Rather than take him out. Not sure though, better decide quick!

Piglet
26-Oct-06, 12:14
Mount Pleasant have told kids that if they are home lunch to stay home.