PDA

View Full Version : Csa

cuddlepop
22-Oct-06, 19:56
Now I know its a disaster and its on its way out but I want to ask How it is suppose to work?
I've gone to court to get money due to me as X is being difficult over payment for daughter2 but because I'm in receipt of carer's allowence the CSA are allowed to take money from this payment and give it to X for daughter1.Daughter1 is not getting this money from him or her child benefit and is expected to live off £17 a month,as he earns too much and its calculated on his salary.
I am so angry at the injustice of it all and there's nothing I can do about it,[disgust]

kas
22-Oct-06, 21:02
I know how you feel, I have had nothing for my son for years, yet his Dad has unlimited access, whenever he wants.

It should be taken over by the Inland Revenue, they would sort it out.

pedromcgrory
22-Oct-06, 22:11
Now I know its a disaster and its on its way out but I want to ask How it is suppose to work?
I've gone to court to get money due to me as X is being difficult over payment for daughter2 but because I'm in receipt of carer's allowence the CSA are allowed to take money from this payment and give it to X for daughter1.Daughter1 is not getting this money from him or her child benefit and is expected to live off £17 a month,as he earns too much and its calculated on his salary.
I am so angry at the injustice of it all and there's nothing I can do about it,[disgust]

you should get it backdated ,i know when i got divorced and they never contacted me for a period of time , i owed a few thousands pounds ,which gets added on to wot i was asked to pay a week

connieb19
22-Oct-06, 22:14
They can only backdate it to when they sent you your first letter.

mccaugm
22-Oct-06, 23:05
[evil] I just got my CSA letter - get an update every so often.
I thought the CSA was no more and was being replaced.
Allegedly they are writing of 50 million pounds in back dated monies. That is beyond the pale.
It took me ages to get money from my ex but he finally paid up. The system sucks.

cuddlepop
23-Oct-06, 11:14
I know it does and it hurts the very people it was suppose to ptotect,The children.
Apparently the new system is going to be a name and shame them campaign,whereby they are locally named in some form or another.Cant see that working either.I know there's worse than me that are owed thousands,system is so unfair[disgust]