PDA

View Full Version : Warning - Princes Street Surgery Website - Thurso

Dorrie
18-Nov-11, 11:46
Hi Guys

Just to let you know not to use the Princes Street Surgery (and Halkirk) website for ordering prescriptions at the moment. They have some sort of attack happening on their site - redirects, etc. My husband got it the other day and eventually got in, sent his details and is now getting emails which have his home address etc in them!!!

I let them know this morning and they told me it had been dealt with but it hasn't, it is still the same, so back to ordering your prescriptions in the normal way for now.

Jenni
18-Nov-11, 15:18
I have just been told by someone in the surgery that patients should be reassured that everything is back to normal. There was no security breach. The link in question was to an old page and the security certificate had lapsed. No data had been lost or compromised. The broken link has been replaced and everything is in working order again. I used it myself this morning and it worked fine.

Dorrie
18-Nov-11, 15:38
Yes, I have tried it out again too. So glad it's fixed. I guess my husband receiving an unsolicited email which included our home address was just coincidence.

orkneycadian
18-Nov-11, 23:51
Another storm in a teacup then! ;)