PDA

View Full Version : cutting of the power cable

jemmima-june
21-Oct-06, 12:30
So what happened to the power on Thursday closing the shops and Post Office, and why is it difficult for drivers to read the sign outside the Parish Church which says Diversion and Heavy Vehicles only going through the street, not that i have driven through high street or bridge street since it was redirected..... but i would love to hear some views on the subject

Kingetter
21-Oct-06, 14:36
So what happened to the power on Thursday closing the shops and Post Office, and why is it difficult for drivers to read the sign outside the Parish Church which says Diversion and Heavy Vehicles only going through the street, not that i have driven through high street or bridge street since it was redirected..... but i would love to hear some views on the subject

So who reads signs anymore? especially when folk are too busy blethering to someone else in the vehicle or on the mobile phone etc etc etc.

Fran
21-Oct-06, 14:41
The post office is closed again (2.30pm saturday) but the new clothes shop is open.

jemmima-june
21-Oct-06, 15:59
So who reads signs anymore? especially when folk are too busy blethering to someone else in the vehicle or on the mobile phone etc etc etc.

True Wick is the only place i have seen two cars stopped with the drivers hanging out their windows chatting and holding up the traffic behind then and nobody even tooted they just sat there waiting for them to finish their conversation..... of course i laughed but my hubby who is english (bless him)
couldnt believe it ...... mind you we were walking at the time and not in the queue..... thank heaven or he would have been tooting ha ha ha

dirdyweeker
21-Oct-06, 16:13
The post office is closed again (2.30pm saturday) but the new clothes shop is open.
Must have opened again as I was in it about an hour ago.:)
Also had a peep in the new clothes shop. Not a large stock but perhaps that saves too many folk wearing the same thing. Obviously for the young ones.....didn't see anything bigger than a size 16. Maybe some opposition for next door?

jemmima-june
21-Oct-06, 22:40
Must have opened again as I was in it about an hour ago.:)
Also had a peep in the new clothes shop. Not a large stock but perhaps that saves too many folk wearing the same thing. Obviously for the young ones.....didn't see anything bigger than a size 16. Maybe some opposition for next door?

Good to hear that tho i havent been in yet but i am only 12 ..........so young enough for me you recon

angela5
21-Oct-06, 23:01
why is it difficult for drivers to read the sign outside the Parish Church which says Diversion and Heavy Vehicles only going through the street, not that i have driven through high street or bridge street since it was redirected.....

When i noticed that sign i was going to go up kirkhill but never bothered as everyone else was going along high street.

dirdyweeker
22-Oct-06, 00:22
Good to hear that tho i havent been in yet but i am only 12 ..........so young enough for me you recon
don't see why not. Depends more on your size than age though there is a small very young children section at the back.
Boo hoo.......no boys ...again!
My 12 year old boy is still too small for the mens in New Look.

angela5
22-Oct-06, 00:26
don't see why not. Depends more on your size than age though there is a small very young children section at the back.
Boo hoo.......no boys ...again!
My 12 year old boy is still too small for the mens in New Look.

We really need boy's clothes up here, 10-14 year olds.

dirdyweeker
22-Oct-06, 00:35
We really need boy's clothes up here, 10-14 year olds.
certainly a big gap in the market for that age in boys clothing. Hopefully the problem will be solved with Tesco!

JAWS
22-Oct-06, 00:45
True Wick is the only place i have seen two cars stopped with the drivers hanging out their windows chatting and holding up the traffic behind then and nobody even tooted they just sat there waiting for them to finish their conversation..... of course i laughed but my hubby who is english (bless him)
couldnt believe it ...... mind you we were walking at the time and not in the queue..... thank heaven or he would have been tooting ha ha haIt took me a little while to adjust to Caithness Driving Methods. The first time somebody stopped to let me out of a side road I thought it was a trap.
At that time I was still used to the "drive straight at them and they'll move" and the "give no quarter and the Devil take the hind-most" style of driving.

Once i got used to the idea I found it far more pleasant than the "White-knuckle Grand Prix" style of driving I had left behind in the city.

jemmima-june
22-Oct-06, 09:14
certainly a big gap in the market for that age in boys clothing. Hopefully the problem will be solved with Tesco!
wey hey wait til Asda is build George is just great for kids clothes and most are open 24/7 so no probs with catching them b4 they shut.
Of course the kids will be older by then but more competition for the present shops to get their act together and see what others are providing clothes wise for the teenage boys

jemmima-june
22-Oct-06, 09:20
It took me a little while to adjust to Caithness Driving Methods. The first time somebody stopped to let me out of a side road I thought it was a trap.
At that time I was still used to the "drive straight at them and they'll move" and the "give no quarter and the Devil take the hind-most" style of driving.

Once i got used to the idea I found it far more pleasant than the "White-knuckle Grand Prix" style of driving I had left behind in the city.
yea but you still get the boy racers charging down High st and ignoring the diversion sign