PDA

View Full Version : Orange Room Sunday

Gleber2
20-Oct-06, 18:44
The Orange Room, Park Hotel Thurso used to be one of the best pubs for rock music in the mid eighties. There is an attempt to revive it starting this Sunday, 22nd at three o clock with the J.Fats Trio.

Cazaa
20-Oct-06, 20:12
The Orange Room, Park Hotel Thurso used to be one of the best pubs for rock music in the mid eighties. There is an attempt to revive it starting this Sunday, 22sec at three o clock with the J.Fats Trio.

Are they only playing for 22 seconds?

But seriously, I hope it goes well (sorry I can't be there).

Sunday afternoon music is an excellent way to end the weekend. I'd prefer a 12:00 - 3:00 thing. Sunday papers, music, (a few) drinks . .

Chobbersjnr
20-Oct-06, 21:03
Are they only playing for 22 seconds?

But seriously, I hope it goes well (sorry I can't be there).

Sunday afternoon music is an excellent way to end the weekend. I'd prefer a 12:00 - 3:00 thing. Sunday papers, music, (a few) drinks . .

12:00 as in mid-day....................that's the middle of the night[lol]

The Pepsi Challenge
23-Oct-06, 01:46
The Orange Room, Park Hotel Thurso used to be one of the best pubs for rock music in the mid eighties. There is an attempt to revive it starting this Sunday, 22nd at three o clock with the J.Fats Trio.

I love(d) The Orange Room. Truly one of the last, old-skool live music venues around. Am gutted I won't be able to take in the show, Gleber2, but if the Gods are shining, then am sure I'll see you performing there, again, sometime in the near future. Hopefully someone will take pictures and post them up. Here's to a cracking gig!

p.s. A note to whoever has the Orange Room: Please DO NOT think, dream, or even consider 're-decorating' the place. Leave it the WAY IT IS. If we're not lucky these type of places will only feature in museums in the future.

Gleber2
23-Oct-06, 12:32
I don't know when you were in the Orange Room last, Pepsi, but it has been totally changed since the last time I played in it. Twas a great gig and my thanks to all those who came.

cullbucket
27-Oct-06, 15:53
Great gig, cant believe my luck, this was the only time I will be in Thurso this year... Great music as it was 15 yrs ago, the years have been kind. Isaac is now legal in the pub and Purple Haze was as good as ever.
Pepsi - its too late, the sunken seating area is now gone, its all one level but no bad all the same.....