PDA

View Full Version : how to handle mistreatment

scaraben
11-Oct-06, 12:30
How to handle mistreatment.

Four year old Alexander wakes up and discovers that his new puppy has chewed up one of his favourite toys. The little fellow has a fit of rage and throws a tantrum. His Mum’s nerves have become frayed. She snaps at husband Bill as he leaves for work.
Still reeling from the unhappy send off earlier, Bill greets his secretary with some cold and unreasonable instructions. She picks up the mood of her boss, and at coffee break takes it out on the office junior. At closing time Bill’s secretary tells him she wants to quit her job.
An hour and a half later, and after fighting heavy traffic, Bill walks up the drive to the house once more and as he does so blurts out an angry “over-the-top” word at young Alexander for leaving his bike in the driveway. The lad picks up the bike and pitches it against the garden wall, then promptly runs to his room crying, slams the door, and kicks Toodles the puppy who ran across his path.
Where does it all end ???
Each one of these folk may think that they had every right to be upset, but what was needed in this imaginary situation was ONE PERSON who would soak-up the unjust treatment, without lashing out at others.

Ann
19-Oct-06, 17:24
How to handle mistreatment.

Four year old Alexander wakes up and discovers that his new puppy has chewed up one of his favourite toys. The little fellow has a fit of rage and throws a tantrum. His Mum’s nerves have become frayed. She snaps at husband Bill as he leaves for work.
Still reeling from the unhappy send off earlier, Bill greets his secretary with some cold and unreasonable instructions. She picks up the mood of her boss, and at coffee break takes it out on the office junior. At closing time Bill’s secretary tells him she wants to quit her job.
An hour and a half later, and after fighting heavy traffic, Bill walks up the drive to the house once more and as he does so blurts out an angry “over-the-top” word at young Alexander for leaving his bike in the driveway. The lad picks up the bike and pitches it against the garden wall, then promptly runs to his room crying, slams the door, and kicks Toodles the puppy who ran across his path.
Where does it all end ???
Each one of these folk may think that they had every right to be upset, but what was needed in this imaginary situation was ONE PERSON who would soak-up the unjust treatment, without lashing out at others.

So it was all the puppy's fault? ;)

JAWS
19-Oct-06, 19:14
Definitely the office junior's fault. Reason? They are at the bottom of the pile and have nobody to dump blame on! :D

caithness import
19-Oct-06, 19:26
I thought the only reason to have a dug was so you could kick it when you've had a bad day...

Sounds like i was right.

sapphire
19-Oct-06, 19:31
I thought the only reason to have a dug was so you could kick it when you've had a bad day...

Sounds like i was right.

Tut Tut ...it's not the dog you kick,it's the husband.......is'nt that what they're for?...........only kidding![lol]

the charlatans
19-Oct-06, 19:41
Mrs Charlatans walks through the house kicks Caithness Import and walks back out again, patting the dog as she walks out.

Sounds like Alexanders family need a bit of a hug.

caithness import
19-Oct-06, 19:43
If only she new the truth

lauraspetportraits
19-Oct-06, 20:46
When i'm cross or upset I cuddle my dogs not kick them!! They are always pleased to see me, and always give me a kiss even if i've been grumpy or horrible.

I think Alexander's family need to chill out :lol:

caithness import
19-Oct-06, 21:14
When I can't find the dug I have to kick the wife, but its always harder to hide the bruises.... on me, you havny seen my wife, just as well I'm a fast runner.

Joking aside, bad day, me and the dog go and scowl at the fish in the tank. We hate the fish. In fact, dont tell the wife but I'm teaching the dog to guddle. Then they get it.

Bobinovich
19-Oct-06, 22:03
Mrs Bob revealed to me today that she thinks I'm getting grumpy in my old age [evil]. At a couple of weeks short of 38 I told her she'd better settle in for the long haul and buy some earplugs [lol]

changilass
19-Oct-06, 22:06
old grouch:lol:

Bobinovich
19-Oct-06, 22:08
Pot - Kettle - Black!!! :lol:

Changi - 666 is just about right for you !!!

JAWS
20-Oct-06, 03:30
Whilst I appreciate my ex has earned the right to inform me I am a waste of space I must confess that I am rather impressed that I have done so well in living up to her expectations that she, occasionally, feels the need to do a thousand mile round trip just to inform me so to my face.

Now that's what I really call having created an impression. Well, she's always right, isn't she, so who am I to contradict her?