PDA

View Full Version : Film Remakes

Rheghead
09-Oct-06, 21:08
Which old film would you remake if you were a film producer and which film would you consider such a classic that it would be too sacred to remake?

I would remake 'Westworld' and I would consider 'Whisky Galore' too sacred to remake.:D

scorrie
09-Oct-06, 21:53
I don't think any films should be remade. 90 odd percent of the output these days is either poor remakes or total no-brain nonsense. Roll on some originality and intelligence, coupled to a decent story for a change.

If you are going to remake anything, try Titanic and cut two hours off the running time, lose Celine Dion (My fart will go on) and change the story to a Carribean cruise where topless sunbathing is mandatory (TITanic) Make sure George Clooney plays the ugliest guy on the trip. Somehow manage to work cars, drugs and guns into the plot (not easy for the former with it being at sea and all that) and I am sure you could have a box office winner.

porshiepoo
10-Oct-06, 08:42
Gone with the wind.

A fantastic book and the film doesn't do it justice. The actors and actresses in it are way too old to be playing the parts of 16 year olds and the film missed too many important parts of the book and ended up not making sense.

'Scarlet' on the other hand - fantastic. Use Timothy Dalton and Joanne Whalley Kilmer to play the parts in 'Gone with the wind'.

Despite that, it's still my favourite book ever!!!!!!!

Lolabelle
10-Oct-06, 14:20
Wuthering Heights, only because I always feel that it is so dark in black & white that I can never really see what's happening. Love to see Ewan McGregor as Heathcliffe and Nicole Kidman as Cathy.

elaine
10-Oct-06, 19:00
Remake - Clash of the Titans

Too sacred - It's a Wonderful Life

willowbankbear
10-Oct-06, 19:02
Remake- Braveheart

Sacred - The Godfather part I & II

Rheghead
10-Oct-06, 19:59
Remake- Braveheart

Agree, hopefully with historical accuracy e next time

Billy Boy
10-Oct-06, 20:16
remake...the quiet man:eek:

to scared.....pulp fiction:cool:

willowbankbear
10-Oct-06, 20:25
While were on the subject of remakes ,We`ve got the Posiedon out on dvd tonight. I saw the original years ago,so Ill be able to let you know if it should have been remade later.....Dont hold yer breath though

Rheghead
10-Oct-06, 20:33
I was pleased with the new Poseidon adventure as a remake.
I liked the Wickerman as well. The only small criticism with the Wickerman was that it got de-Albafied and americanised.

Saxo01
10-Oct-06, 20:41
Remake most Schwarzenneger films give em live ammo.
Dont touch Steptoe & Son ride again :lol:

grantyg
10-Oct-06, 21:42
Remake - jason and the argonaughts - so another 60 generations can marvel at clucnky CGI effects!

Keep as is - The glen miller story - the louis armstrong cameo is special

willowbankbear
10-Oct-06, 21:50
While were on the subject of remakes ,We`ve got the Posiedon out on dvd tonight. I saw the original years ago,so Ill be able to let you know if it should have been remade later.....Dont hold yer breath though

Rheghead , ye were right,!! That was not a bad remake at all

George Brims
10-Oct-06, 22:29
I also thought that Poseidon remake was one of the few worthwhile ones in years.

The one I can least even comprehend why they bothered was the Steve Martin "Pink Panther" movie.

Something I've always wanted to see is the original of "Scarface" starring Paul Muni, just to compare it. Muni was blacklisted in the McCarthy era, so it was probably burned!

connieb19
13-Oct-06, 00:28
Can't think of a remake but I think Threads is sacred. I havn't seen it for years but it still sticks in my mind, in fact I'm off to order it now.

Kolskegg
13-Oct-06, 12:42
Remake : Battle of the Bulge

Sacred : Jaws

percy toboggan
13-Oct-06, 18:48
What should not have been remade:
The Wicker Man
What should have been re-made:
The English Patient - as an NHS promo, the original was tripe.
What should be remade that has not yet been:
er.... 'They drive by night'
sacred. Pvt.Ryan, the saving of./Jaws/ Shawshank/Stand by Me/Fargo/Braveheart/Treasure of the Sierra Madre/The Straight Story

percy toboggan
13-Oct-06, 18:51
Can't think of a remake but I think Threads is sacred. I havn't seen it for years but it still sticks in my mind, in fact I'm off to order it now.

Is that the nuclear apocolyptical one Connie?

obiron
13-Oct-06, 19:29
could remake wizard of oz especially wi the special effects the day.
(wouldnt thou)
shouldnt remake star wars or lord of the rings

percy toboggan
13-Oct-06, 19:43
could remake wizard of oz especially wi the special effects the day.
(wouldnt thou)
shouldnt remake star wars or lord of the rings
LOTR? they shouldn't have bothered making 'em once in my opinion.:confused

golach
13-Oct-06, 19:46
Remake : Battle of the Bulge
Is that a Caithness wifies fitness video? Why you you want to remake it, the last one never worked, did it?[lol]

Cedric Farthsbottom III
13-Oct-06, 20:06
LOTR? they shouldn't have bothered making 'em once in my opinion.:confused

The magic of reading a book and interpretating it into film.Read the books of Lord of the Rings years and years ago and thought it would be impossible to see in film.How wrong I was,Peter Jackson brought alive the book like an avid fan he was.

The film i think should be remade is the Omega Man....as I think wi' the special effects o' the day it would do it justice.Although Danny Boyle did do his damndest in 28 Days Later.

The film most sacred to me that shouldnae be remade,as other orgers have said is the Wicker Man.But they did it and it is a heap o poo!!!:lol:

connieb19
14-Oct-06, 15:07
Is that the nuclear apocolyptical one Connie?
It is Percy, it has always stuck in my mind. I think it was one of the most scarey films ever.

Rheghead
14-Oct-06, 16:54
RedStorm Rising might make a good film

scotsboy
14-Oct-06, 17:20
If I had the money I would go for something original rather than try to re-make something – loads of subjects that would interest me, perhaps my first would be an adaptation of Frank McGuiness’s play, Observe the Sons of Ulster Marching towards the Somme.

One film that should never be remade is Casablanca.