PDA

View Full Version : A short film i made of Caithness

bcsman
21-Sep-11, 06:52
i know i missed alot of places around caithness but i will get them on my next few films.
Hope you enjoy
http://vimeo.com/29361307

argyle kid
21-Sep-11, 12:58
Great stuff.

It was very jerky on my computer.Probably internet connection slow or not enough RAM .Still enjoyed it Thank's for posting.

Regards AK.

Mrs Sweetie
21-Sep-11, 13:15
Wow, that's beautiful! A lovely thing to watch on this cold, miserable day.

AK - you've probably already done this but incase you don't know, the jerkiness is caused by the pictures downloading or buffering I believe (and I possibly sound like I have a clue whereas I don't!). If you let it play through and then play it again straight away, all the jerkiness should be gone and you will be able to enjoy it more.

wicker05
21-Sep-11, 18:39
Superb! Thanks for sharing.

Mystical Potato Head
21-Sep-11, 18:52
Great show bcsman,a very time consuming project,i've been stuck half way through a night sky one since the spring.Well worth your efforts though when your final result is so good.
Roughly,how many shots do you think to took for it all and is this at vimeos 24 fps?

bcsman
21-Sep-11, 19:53
Thanks for all the nice comments
Thanks MPH,your star timelapse video will be amazing if its the same quality as your star pics,i cant wait to see it.
I use Corel Videostudio Pro to put the time lapse sequence's together,its at 25 frames a second and ill take a wild guess at the amount of stills i took for my video,i guess about 4500 to 5000 images.
Thanks again

Great show bcsman,a very time consuming project,i've been stuck half way through a night sky one since the spring.Well worth your efforts though when your final result is so good.
Roughly,how many shots do you think to took for it all and is this at vimeos 24 fps?

Mystical Potato Head
21-Sep-11, 21:11
Thanks for all the nice comments
Thanks MPH,your star timelapse video will be amazing if its the same quality as your star pics,i cant wait to see it.
I use Corel Videostudio Pro to put the time lapse sequence's together,its at 25 frames a second and ill take a wild guess at the amount of stills i took for my video,i guess about 4500 to 5000 images.
Thanks again

Cheers for that.So far it aint amazing..lol

argyle kid
22-Sep-11, 12:41
It worked for me thank you Mrs Sweetie. Always thought buffering went into ram.

Regards AK.

Kenn
23-Sep-11, 00:02
Loved The Aurora over Wick..well done.

Restlessnative
23-Sep-11, 19:57
absolutely stunning, I'd been hoping someone with more technical know how than myself would do something along this lines for a few years now. You've done a great job thanks for sharing it on here.

astroman
24-Sep-11, 22:03
Excellent end result. I (not surprisingly!) agree with Lizz

Loved The Aurora over Wick..well done.