PDA

View Full Version : /ce

Dog-eared
06-Sep-11, 23:21
When gaming (COD) recently on my acer 5535 laptop someone suggested clicking the funny button below "esc" then typing in "/ce". I'm obviously a prat to have done this but what does that do, why is it messing things up, and how can I sort it !!!!!

Any help is appreciated.

dx100uk
07-Sep-11, 00:56
what has it done?

dx

orkneycadian
07-Sep-11, 02:15
This can easily be solved by going to http://www.army.mod.uk/join/20068.aspx and clicking the link under "Apply Online"

In no time at all, you'll be on the front line getting shot at and shooting the Taliban.

Dog-eared
07-Sep-11, 22:18
I ran Glary Utilities which improved things but the game freezes after a while.

Dog-eared
07-Sep-11, 22:30
An occasional bit of game playing is OK in my opinion . I'm broad minded enough to have no problem with how people spend their leisure time. As long as they're not " sniping " at people on 'e Org. :)

RecQuery
08-Sep-11, 10:25
The funny key is usually called the tilda, it will bring up a command and debug console (kind of like a command line or DOS prompt for the game).

Before I can help you further I'll need to know what version of Call of Duty it is and what exactly is messed up or looks weird.

Niall Fernie
08-Sep-11, 19:12
Sounds a lot like the folk telling nubs to "press ALT+F4 to get to the (insert something cool sounding)" in various other games I've played online :)

Leanne
08-Sep-11, 20:09
Sounds a lot like the folk telling nubs to "press ALT+F4 to get to the (insert something cool sounding)" in various other games I've played online :)

You beat me to that one :)

Go on guys - try it!! I dare you...

Dog-eared
08-Sep-11, 22:33
COD 2003
Was very slow after "help " but freezes up more often now. I'm only running a laptop.

Dog-eared
08-Sep-11, 22:38
Leanne -
Yep.