PDA

View Full Version : No mention of payback?

Corrie 3
11-Aug-11, 13:15
Well done Sheriff Abercrombie on sending this Weasel to prison for a year, to me he is as bad if not worse than the rioters and looters that are blighting the UK at the moment.
One thing that bothers me is usually when someone is found guilty of benefit fraud they are required to pay back the sum that they stole.....There is no mention of payback in this article which worries me slightly!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-14489400

C3......:eek::confused:roll:

sandyr1
11-Aug-11, 15:46
Well done Sheriff Abercrombie on sending this Weasel to prison for a year, to me he is as bad if not worse than the rioters and looters that are blighting the UK at the moment.
One thing that bothers me is usually when someone is found guilty of benefit fraud they are required to pay back the sum that they stole.....There is no mention of payback in this article which worries me slightly!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-14489400

C3......:eek::confused:roll:

With some people there is no sense in ordering Restitution.....if they make it a condition of sentence, then the 'thing' drags on forever...
But the Benefit people I see are 'considering' it....or when this guy apples and received benefits in the future, they will deduct a % of what was 'stolen'.... perhaps too strong a word.....from his benefits...
They are really gonna be tough on him!

Margaret M.
11-Aug-11, 16:54
Too many morons are finding their way into public office. A County Treasurer on this side of the ocean was arrested for embezzling several hundred thousand. Where did the money go? To a man in Nigeria who sent her an email!!! She kept wiring him money until she ran out of her own funds then she started embezzling from the County....and she shows up in court with her supportive husband....another moron.

Corrie 3
11-Aug-11, 17:20
Looks like the article has altered since I posted and the DWP are looking into payback...and quite right too! If he cant pay and he owns a car or house make him sell them. Or make him pay £50 a week until every penny is paid back. Cheating scum need weedling out and especially if they hold any kind of office!!

C3.......:eek::mad:[disgust]

sandyr1
11-Aug-11, 17:43
[QUOTE=Corrie 3;877637]Looks like the article has altered since I posted and the DWP are looking into payback...and quite right too! If he cant pay and he owns a car or house make him sell them. Or make him pay £50 a week until every penny is paid back. Cheating scum need weedling out and especially if they hold any kind of of

Now now C3/...have compassion........

poppett
11-Aug-11, 17:57
I was surprised how short a prison sentence it was considering the amount of money involved. Also amazed that the investigation only related to DWP fraud as Mr Holden had many fingers in many pies at one time.

Before anyone jumps up and down, I had the misfortune to know this awful person through my late brother-in-law who would have made a very willing prosecution witness had he still been alive.