PDA

View Full Version : Aimie Whinehouse dead

Fran
23-Jul-11, 17:34
How sad that this great singer has died from an overdose. So much talent but she was lonely and unhappy. Rip poor Amie.

Corrie 3
23-Jul-11, 17:42
How sad that this great singer has died from an overdose. So much talent but she was lonely and unhappy. Rip poor Amie.

That's what happens when the drink and drugs get hold of you, a warning to our younger Folk I hope..... but I don't hold my breath!!!

C3....:~(:~(

NickInTheNorth
23-Jul-11, 17:44
no talent, no common sense, no self discipline - I for one won't miss her in the least.

Good riddance to a terrible role model for the young kids that idolize her.

caithgal
23-Jul-11, 17:44
Apparently so

AliciaMackinnon
23-Jul-11, 17:46
R.I.P Amy..........

dragonfly
23-Jul-11, 17:46
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14262237

its on bbc news that she is dead, sad life she led, shows that money won't make you happy if you are not a happy person

kel24
23-Jul-11, 18:00
What a waste of a life, addiction is the root of evil. I feel for her family and wish them all the best at this sad time. R.I.P Amy xx

JD6400
23-Jul-11, 18:03
no talent, no common sense, no self discipline - I for one won't miss her in the least.

Good riddance! What a disgustinng comment to make about the death of someone. If you didn't like her music, lifestyle choices then that's up to you, I wasn't a fan myself but I would NEVER ever say good riddance to someone dying at such a young age.

NickInTheNorth
23-Jul-11, 18:05
Good riddance! What a disgustinng comment to make about the death of someone. If you didn't like her music, lifestyle choices then that's up to you, I wasn't a fan myself but I would NEVER ever say good riddance to someone dying at such a young age.

you didn't, I did. My choice.

kel24
23-Jul-11, 18:14
you didn't, I did. My choice.

It's still highly disrespectful to say such strong words about it, I myself am 27 and find it devastating that someone that young, wether they had in your words 'no talent' or not, a person has still lost thier life!

sweetpea
23-Jul-11, 18:15
Civilised grownups respect the dead! Sleep tight Amy your safe now girl x

kel24
23-Jul-11, 18:17
Civilised grownups respect the dead! Sleep tight Amy your safe now girl x

I completely agree with you sweetpea, but unfortunately a lot of people nowadays don't have any respect at all!

NickInTheNorth
23-Jul-11, 18:18
It's still highly disrespectful to say such strong words about it, I myself am 27 and find it devastating that someone that young, wether they had in your words 'no talent' or not, a person has still lost thier life!

I find it ridiculous that people get all upset because she has killed herself through abuse of alcohol and drugs. Stupid girl has not "lost her life".

She has killed herself through pure stupidity.

kel24
23-Jul-11, 18:22
I find it ridiculous that people get all upset because she has killed herself through abuse of alcohol and drugs. Stupid girl has not "lost her life".

Her life has been lost, wether she did it to herself or not, it's completely regardless. I'm not sitting here crying over it and i am personally 100% against the use of drugs, but it's an illness and isn't easy to just get over. She made bad choices and because of that has died and now her poor family have to suffer, that is the saddest part!

sids
23-Jul-11, 18:26

You couldn't miss a chance to be "colourful and controversial" because you have the mind of a child.

JD6400
23-Jul-11, 18:29
Exactly, put yourself in the position of the family how would you feel if that was your family member and someone said good riddance about them dying. It's an inappropriate comment simple as that regardless of the circumstances of her death.

Liz
23-Jul-11, 18:30
Oh Nick it is awful to say 'Good riddance' to someone so young who harmed no one but herself. :(

She was a great talent who got into a toxic relationship. Just remember she is someone's daughter. RIP Amy. xx

sweetpea
23-Jul-11, 18:37
Kurt Cobain, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hedrix and now Amy Winehouse, all died aged 27!

NickInTheNorth
23-Jul-11, 18:38
I say things as I see them.

Total waste of space.

Her family have as much responsibility as does Winehouse herself for this stupid waste of a life.

I could not care less about being "colourful and controversial", I simply state my own opinions, always, and honestly. If I have the mind of a child then at least it is a free thinking, independent minded child that is not afraid to say what it thinks. Of that I am proud.

Leanne
23-Jul-11, 18:43
If I have the mind of a child then at least it is a free thinking, independent minded child that is not afraid to say what it thinks. Of that I am proud.

Yeah a spiteful, mean-spirited child that noone likes...

JD6400
23-Jul-11, 18:44
You may well say as you see but you need to think before you speak! Just exactly how is her family responsible for her being a drug addict? Her Dad tried many times to get her help but all addicts have to want help and be able to help themselves. Adults are responsible for their own actions not their families.

ducati
23-Jul-11, 18:49
Kurt Cobain, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hedrix and now Amy Winehouse, all died aged 27!

There's one hell of a band up there :cool:

RIP Amy.

Kevin Milkins
23-Jul-11, 18:49
I did not care a great deal for her, but did enjoy her music.

I can imagine what a traumatic roller coaster it has been for her family over a number of years and this seems like an inevitable closure for them.

I can't say I'm surprised, but certainly shocked and also saddened by the lifestyle choices that she made.

Corrie 3
23-Jul-11, 19:00
Yeah a spiteful, mean-spirited child that noone likes...
Not true Leanne, I respect Nick's posts and agree with him entirely, she had it all and threw it away!!!!

C3.....:roll::eek:

NickInTheNorth
23-Jul-11, 19:05
Interesting to see that there is not one single post on the .org expressing any sympathy whatsoever with the truly tragic victims of the awful bombing and shooting outrages in Norway.

I guess that is because the dead there are a) not British, and b) not "celebrities" - those poor families, and those killed are far more worthy of an outpouring of grief and sympathy.

Amy Wino - nah don't think so!

northener
23-Jul-11, 19:11
I'm with Nick on this one.

Lots of 'outrage' that he has dared to speak his mind and, I believe, more than a few faux tears will be shed by many at the death of a messed up minor 'celebrity'....and not one word about the events in Norway.

Tabloid mentality? I think so.

unicorn
23-Jul-11, 19:11
Disgusting sentiments, she was still human. The org can be a real eye opener as to human nature.
I did not personally have a great interest in her, I liked some of her music, but she was still human, she breathed, she hurt, she bled just like every one of us, she made very bad choices and got dragged down by addictions.
Any life lost is a tragedy.

Corrie 3
23-Jul-11, 19:14
Interesting to see that there is not one single post on the .org expressing any sympathy whatsoever with the truly tragic victims of the awful bombing and shooting outrages in Norway.

I guess that is because the dead there are a) not British, and b) not "celebrities" - those poor families, and those killed are far more worthy of an outpouring of grief and sympathy.

So true Nick, so true!!!!!!
It just goes to show how we Brits are Starstruck so easily, who was she, what did she do to make our lives better? Just another Junkie who took the risks and lost!!!

C3.....:eek::confused

NickInTheNorth
23-Jul-11, 19:16
Any life lost is a tragedy.

Tragedy : An event causing great suffering, destruction, and distress, such as a serious accident, crime, or natural catastrophe.

What rubbish, death is an everyday part of life. Someone who chooses to throw away their life early is nothing at all. It is humdrum; banal.

The kids in Norway, every wasted life in Afghanistan, the london tube bombings, the twin towers; Tragedy.

Any Winebox - Banal, Humdrum.

kel24
23-Jul-11, 19:16

I resent that comment, i do not often watch the news and only found out about Amy Winehouse because i am on the computer, i have also only just come to learn of the tragic events in Norway. i do agree that in the great scheme of things 92 deaths are far more important than one. I also have no issue with any other country, it doesn't matter where the victims are from at all, it's still a devastating thing to happen. I have nothing but sympathy for all the families and people that are affected.

kel24
23-Jul-11, 19:17
I'm with Nick on this one.

Lots of 'outrage' that he has dared to speak his mind and, I believe, more than a few faux tears will be shed by many at the death of a messed up minor 'celebrity'....and not one word about the events in Norway.

Tabloid mentality? I think so.

It wasn't the fact that he had spoke his mind, it was the way it was put across. There are other ways of saying how u feel.

NickInTheNorth
23-Jul-11, 19:20
It wasn't the fact that he had spoke his mind, it was the way it was put across. There are other ways of saying how u feel.

sure are. Dishonestly :)

billy5000
23-Jul-11, 19:21

couldn't have put it better myself!

kel24
23-Jul-11, 19:21
sure are. Dishonestly :)

You don't have to be dishonest, just word things better or in a more tactful way!

NickInTheNorth
23-Jul-11, 19:26
I have stated plainly and honestly exactly how I feel. Let me be plainer.

I could not be happier that she croaked. She was a total disgrace, a total waste of rations. No talent, and yet held up as a "talented artist".

Amy Winer - good riddance.

Corrie 3
23-Jul-11, 19:26
I see that the Op Fran is such a fan that she cant even spell her name correctly......Just something to post on the Org and get a few replies methinks!!!!
We are so easily led into thinking that "Celebs" deaths are more important than the ordinary man in the street and they are not, I have no sympathy for anyone who had it all and chucked it all away!!
There is a death reported everyday on the BBC website, why dont we see a post about all of these? How about the 5 that have died at the hands of a Nurse who has tampered with saline lines?

C3.......:eek::confused

Liz
23-Jul-11, 19:31

Well why didn't you start a thread re the events in Norway?! Of course we are horrified at the sickening loss of lives there but this thread is about Amy Winehouse.

If you would read the posts you will see that people are expressing sadness at the unnecessary death of a troubled young woman. Whether she was a celebrity is irrelevant.

Speaking your mind in this instance is certainly nothing to be proud of!!!![evil]

Scarybiscuits03
23-Jul-11, 19:39
I thought her death was "unexplained"...........Has it been reported somewhere that she overdosed?

RIP

Liz
23-Jul-11, 19:43
I see that the Op Fran is such a fan that she cant even spell her name correctly......Just something to post on the Org and get a few replies methinks!!!!
We are so easily led into thinking that "Celebs" deaths are more important than the ordinary man in the street and they are not, I have no sympathy for anyone who had it all and chucked it all away!!
There is a death reported everyday on the BBC website, why dont we see a post about all of these? How about the 5 that have died at the hands of a Nurse who has tampered with saline lines?

C3.......

Oh for goodness sake so Fran spelt her name wrong!:roll: You accuse her of starting a thread just to get replies. Isn't that the purpose? It's obvious that your comments are made just to antagonise.

Where did anyone say that celeb deaths are more important?! Some of us have enough compassion to care about any untimely death.

If you cared so much about all the deaths reported on the BBC website why didn't you start a thread about them?

Amy Winehouse was a talented lassie whose music gave pleasure to many. She may have had it 'all' but it obviously wasn't enough. :(

badger
23-Jul-11, 19:44
Must admit given all the publicity I was a bit surprised her name was so mis-spelt on this thread.

I switched on BBC News just before 6.0 and it was "Breaking News" so I expected at 6.0 we would get back to the serious stuff like Norway. Not a bit of it, they just went on endlessly having really nothing to say, repeating the same clips over and over, looking desperately for others in showbiz to comment even though they all said more or less the same. All with half the screen showing her street with a handful of people beyond the barriers and trying desperately to make it look as if there was some great demonstration of grief, which at the time there just wasn't. Why did they need two ambulances and 30 police?? What were the police expecting - a riot? Complete over-reaction.

Finally at about 6.45, after news of that man being banned by FIFA, we got to Norway. Sad a young woman has died but surely not as bad as all those other young lives and the survivors with terrible memories. BBC TV News seems to have very odd priorities. I began to wonder if we were going to have another Princess Di day with endless coverage of one topic.

Radio news at 7.0 was a complete contrast starting with Norway and mentioning Winehouse briefly later.

Stefan
23-Jul-11, 19:52
Speaking your mind in this instance is certainly nothing to be proud of!!!![evil]

Everybody should be proud of being able to speak their minds. There was a sad time when it was impossible as it could mean your death. Only just had a conversation with my 85 year old grandma about it the other day. We should be grateful that we can voice our opinions these days without having to fear for our lives. Nobody should be punished, no matter how bold they speak their mind.

On the subject of Amy Winehouse, I just hope that a few kids stop taking drugs because of her death. At least it won't be a total waste then.

It's been mentioned in this post that she died of an overdose. Where did that information come from ? As far as I am aware no post mortem has been done just yet, or has it ?

unicorn
23-Jul-11, 20:01
I have stated plainly and honestly exactly how I feel. Let me be plainer.

I could not be happier that she croaked. She was a total disgrace, a total waste of rations. No talent, and yet held up as a "talented artist".

Amy Winer - good riddance.

I hope you are never in the unenviable position her parents were in when they tried to stop her downward spiral, and if you sadly do, I hope you remember your attitude towards others before expecting any sympathy.

NickInTheNorth
23-Jul-11, 20:05
I hope you are never in the unenviable position her parents were in when they tried to stop her downward spiral, and if you sadly do, I hope you remember your attitude towards others before expecting any sympathy.
I have never and will never want sympathy for anything. In life you play the cards you are dealt. Some hands are good, some are bad. I hope I am never in the position of her parents, but life will do as it wants...

Gronnuck
23-Jul-11, 20:15
A few of the posts here are a bit OTT as the discussion becomes polarised. At the end of the day a young woman is dead. She might have had talent but she had no respect for those who cared about her or for herself so I can't have any respect for her either. Maybe she's at peace now.

golach
23-Jul-11, 20:36

Totally agree with Nick, she did it to herself, I will not lose sleep over another alleged jukie leaving this Earth. I do feel sorry for the Norwegian deaths, am I cruel, hard hearted? I do not think so.

Walter Ego
23-Jul-11, 20:51
Darwinism in action.

I have as much sympathy for Winehoose as I have for idiots who cane their cars down the road and then die as a result of their own stupidity. None.

Talented (but limited) singer and a waste of space as a person. My sympathies are with those who struggled for years with that selfish woman - not the woman herself.

And when Pete Doherty dies I'm having a party.

NickInTheNorth
23-Jul-11, 21:02
Darwinism in action.

And when Pete Doherty dies I'm having a party.

hear hear

can I get an invite :)

Fran
23-Jul-11, 21:36
She was not a waste of life, no one is. She was unhappy and that is very sad.

Ricanna
23-Jul-11, 22:04
Yes, yes, chaps, hear, hear, you are obviously young, with some talent and far too much money, but are still leading balanced lives, posting seagull crup on the Org, your mothers must be proud

cramock
23-Jul-11, 22:09
but it's an illness

I couldn't disagree more addiction is a lack of self control, plenty people give up drugs and drink every year who took more than her and were worse off than she was, if she wanted to get better then she could have but she just didn't want to, and in the process put her family through hell and now all this grief due to her own selfishness

NickInTheNorth
23-Jul-11, 22:15
Amy winehouse found dead from a suspected drug overdose.

Apparently there was a suicide note saying she wanted to join her career.

:lol:

gleeber
23-Jul-11, 22:46

Did you think that one up yourself Nicky boy? Your sharp :lol:

This post is aimed at the below mentioned orgers and if Ive missed anyone just feel free to include yourselves at the end of my list
Nicky boy
Northerner the southerner
corrie lol
MPH the genuis
Golach the impaler
and last but not least Smart arse.
Nothing in human nature surprises me any more. Everyone to there own. I dont agree with the above mentioned orgers opinions regarding the death of Amy Winehouse but it seems modern technology will expose us to the deepest most innermost thoughts of the most macho of men. Before the internet came along opinions condemning a dead person in such a nasty manner would have been reserved for people like Hitler or the moors murderers. Newspapers would never print stuff like Nicky boy and his associates have defended here without being challenged. Nicky boys philosophy is say it as it is and I couldnt argue with that but, and it's a big but, what would happen if Nicky said what he posted on the org to Amy Winehouses dad just half an hour after he found out his daughter had died or even in any jazz or folk club. Opinions like they defend would be challenged. I think Nicky and his supporters would be behaving in a different manner if that was the case. So why the need to do it to Amy Winehouse and on the org? I dont give a flying sexual act what any of them think but I just want to stand up to internet heroes and ill take the flak as it comes.
Maybe this kind of tabloid mentality with a no holds barred boundary is inherent in the internet? I dont like it and Im not going to let it change me so I will do it as I see it too.

Amy Winehouse was a fantastic singer. I didnt like the image but her voice is wonderful.

Metalattakk
23-Jul-11, 22:52
She wants go to heaven, but God said "No, no, no!"

Too soon?

This post is aimed at the below mentioned orgers and if Ive missed anyone just feel free to include yourselves at the end of my list
Nicky boy
corrie lol
MPH the genuis
Golach the impaler
Metalattakk

:cry:

cherokee
23-Jul-11, 22:53
Total waste of space.

I think that is the most disgusting comment I have ever heard in my life !!!!
:mad: :mad:

Maybe, God forbid, you may end up losing someone very dear to you through some kind of addiction or substance misuse, and maybe, just maybe, you'll remember those words........and regret them.

RIP Amy Winehouse - God bless X :(

Corrie 3
23-Jul-11, 22:54
No, sorry Gleeber,
Theres nothing I have said on here that I wouldn't have said to Winehouse or her Dad face to face.

Waste of space, if she wanted to kill herself that's her decision and I whole heatedly agree with Walter about Doherty also....I shed no tears for any of them! They had their chance in life and blew it!!

C3.....:roll::eek:

NickInTheNorth
23-Jul-11, 22:55

Did you think that one up yourself Nicky boy?

No, ripped from a very good friend of mine who does not do drugs.

I would say it to anyones face, I am not one of the anonmous warriors, I am totally open as to who I am. I do not openly post my address, that is for the sake of my family, I will happilly meet anyone anywhere to discuss my point of view.

gleeber
23-Jul-11, 22:56
Aye it disna surprise me. I canna add nothing till yer name though. :lol:

gleeber
23-Jul-11, 22:57
Dont be silly Nicky boy. You wouldnt say that to Amy Winehouses father ot anyone who loved her.

black16i
23-Jul-11, 23:00

Nicky boy
corrie lol
MPH the genuis
Golach the impaler
Nothing in human nature surprises me any more. Everyone to there own. I dont agree with the above mentioned orgers opinions regarding the death of Amy Winehouse but it seems modern technology will expose us to the deepest most innermost thoughts of the most macho of men. Before the internet came along opinions condemning a dead person in such a nasty manner would have been reserved for people like Hitler or the moors murderers. Newspapers would never print stuff like Nicky boy and his associates have defended here without being challenged. Nicky boys philosophy is say it as it is and I couldnt argue with that but, and it's a big but, what would happen if Nicky said what he posted on the org to Amy Winehouses dad just half an hour after he found out his daughter had died or even in any jazz or folk club. Opinions like they defend would be challenged. I think Nicky and his supporters would be behaving in a different manner if that was the case. So why the need to do it to Amy Winehouse and on the org? I dont give a flying sexual act what any of them think but I just want to stand up to internet heroes and ill take the flak as it comes.
Maybe this kind of tabloid mentality with a no holds barred boundary is inherent in the internet? I dont like it and Im not going to let it change me so I will do it as I see it too.

Amy Winehouse was a fantastic singer. I didnt like the image but her voice is wonderful.

i have to agree with gleeber, i think some of the comments are sick on this thread, yeah its a forum but to post comments about someone dying is pure sick, you did not know her, you dont know her family......i just hope they never have to go though something like this ............

Maccy
23-Jul-11, 23:14
Very sad, such a talent.

Dadie
23-Jul-11, 23:19
She lived fast and died young.
Too much too soon...it wasnt a surprise she died so young.
At least she will be in peace from her inner turmoil and demons now.

Mystical Potato Head
23-Jul-11, 23:19

Nicky boy
corrie lol
MPH the genuis
Golach the impaler

Did i say anything sick or distastetfull about her death? No,did i say i was glad she was dead? No.Did i say i was one of "Nicky boys" supporters or agreed with anything he said? No.I never at any time defended anything he said so dont imply it be calling me one of his supporters or associates
All i said was i found it hard to sympathise with someone who went down a self detruct route of their own choice.I did say it was sad for her family but it was not a tragedy,sad yes but definately not a tragedy.

gleeber
23-Jul-11, 23:30
Aye your right MPH. I take your name off the list and apologise. Your still a genuis though.

ShelleyCowie
23-Jul-11, 23:59
Seriously?! This is what the org has come too, this is why i dont really post here anymore.

Obviously some people dont know about addiction! If you did, you would realise how hard it is for people in that situation! I actually could laugh at some of these comments, completely rediculous! If you didnt care about her, or her life, then why are you so set on posting NASTY un-necessary comments on this thread? Bored much?! Guess so!

Talented people are rare nowadays, thats whether you liked her music or not. She had a powerful soul voice.

Jeeso....iv heard more mature comments come from my 2 year old :roll:

And just to add, what does it matter if Fran mis-spelled her name? Didnt realise this was an english exam.

All thats left to say is get a grip [disgust]

shazzap
24-Jul-11, 00:02
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIXRGmJyuSU

Mystical Potato Head
24-Jul-11, 00:03
Aye your right MPH. I take your name off the list and apologise. Your still a genuis though.

I know. :lol:

Foxy
24-Jul-11, 00:07
This thread has really saddened me, a young woman has died from an addiction which she has struggled with in the public eye. Yes she tried rehab several times and it didn't work and NO it dosen't work for everyone but for some orgers to say such horrible things about her disgust me. I am not an addict but i had a family member was an addict and i know how hard they fought against there addiction but they also lost that fight, so i suppose certain orgers on here would think he was a waste of space and better off gone from this world, well i thought he was a wonderful man and it broke my heart when he died as Amy's death will break her families hearts, so all i can say to the orgers who are being nasty is that god help you if it every lands at your door as i wouldn't want to be a member of your family. Rip Amy Winehouse

lindsaymcc
24-Jul-11, 00:24
Why are you all assuming she has died from addiction overdose? No-one knows yet.

Dadie
24-Jul-11, 00:36
I have left the options open and not speculatated on the way she actually died.
Its for the coroner and police to find out.
But fir someone to burn out and die at such a young age and before the parents to die (isnt the fact that parents dont expect their offspring to die before them without major health reasons a fact) is just heartwrenching!
But she led a troubled life inbetween her brilliance at music/lyrics and breaking the mould.
And like others died before her time.

Phill
24-Jul-11, 00:39
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/world/2011-07/23/c_131003397.htm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-14262276

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/canada/breakingnews/126066743.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-14262257

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-14260428

http://insideireland.ie/2011/07/23/98-killed-in-twin-norway-attacks-25857/

shazzap
24-Jul-11, 00:47
She was someones daughter/sister/grand daughter/friend. the same as the young adults in Norway. Just because she led a colourful and troubled life style. Does not mean she deserved to die. She was not a murderer or paedophile. She was a troubled young woman hurting no one but herself and all those unfortunate to be emotionally involved with her.
I can truly empathise, with all the relatives left behind. You never expect your children to go before you.

sandyr1
24-Jul-11, 03:22
She lived fast and died young.
Too much too soon...it wasnt a surprise she died so young.
At least she will be in peace from her inner turmoil and demons now.

Well said....
People can perhaps have their opinions, but should some people continue to say such 'dirt' about someone's Death? Say it once, but leave it at that. It certainly doesn't make one 'more macho' to be a pig about it.
I'm sure that the youth who could be influenced by her is now less that enamoured as she is dead.
'Live your life like me and look what happens'.

In Caithness.....A poor Crater'..... would fit the bill.

bilbobaggins
24-Jul-11, 03:49
Thank Chris she's dead peace no one likes here anyway big druggy bye you won't be missed

jobhoy
24-Jul-11, 03:59
I have never posted on any thread before and after reading some of the utter rubbish and bile that has been posted on here i won't in the future. I only came on for a look after reading some comments on facebook about the upset and annoyance that idiot Nick had started, and then a few little followers jumping on his bandwagon continued. I know what addiction does to people and families during and after the addiction. The effects live with you for a long time. I personaly wittnessed it from a young age but the people involved got through it and are still living at a ripe old age. The only advice i can give to the orgers on here, well the civil, sane and normal ones are, if anyone posts any garbage like that idiot Nick just ignore it. Don't reply because you are just giving him and his muppets something to feed on. They may well be entitled to their opinions but KEEP THEM TO YOURSELVES and GROW UP. I was not a follower of Amy but she had a talent and any talent lost is a waste! So orgers, just ignore the idiots that post such crap and have a sensible debate with those who have some decorum and don't think they are smart and funny!!!!

northener
24-Jul-11, 09:02

Nicky boy
corrie lol
MPH the genuis
Golach the impaler

Thanks for that, Gleeber.

Best laugh I've had in ages.

Someone posts something you disagree with and you're suddenly the champion of the oppressed....

Ms Whinehouse lived as she chose and I'm sure she had the intelligence to work out where it was all going to end.

Life in the fast lane and all that. I've plenty of sympathy lassies on the street having to, say, dish out sex and go stealing to feed a crack habit because they have no other way of escaping their own personal Hell.

Burst into tears and go all sentimental over someone who had the wealth and connections to get out of the mess she was in and who still managed to train crash her life? No thanks.

NickInTheNorth
24-Jul-11, 09:13
I find it rather strange that I should not allowed to express an opinion on here (according to some anyway) but those self same individuals seem to believe it is ok for them to be personally abusive about me and others who don't toe the line regarding amy winehouse.

Don't worry, you are welcome to say what you want about me, it's like water off a ducks back, just seems a little bit of a double standard to me.

Walter Ego
24-Jul-11, 10:01
There's more than a few ruffled feathers amongst the cluckerati today[lol]

I make no apologies. Live with it.

Walter Ego
24-Jul-11, 10:03
I have never posted on any thread before and after reading some of the utter rubbish and bile that has been posted on here i won't in the future. I only came on for a look after reading some comments on facebook about the upset and annoyance that idiot Nick had started, and then a few little followers jumping on his bandwagon continued. I know what addiction does to people and families during and after the addiction. The effects live with you for a long time. I personaly wittnessed it from a young age but the people involved got through it and are still living at a ripe old age. The only advice i can give to the orgers on here, well the civil, sane and normal ones are, if anyone posts any garbage like that idiot Nick just ignore it. Don't reply because you are just giving him and his muppets something to feed on. They may well be entitled to their opinions but KEEP THEM TO YOURSELVES and GROW UP. I was not a follower of Amy but she had a talent and any talent lost is a waste! So orgers, just ignore the idiots that post such crap and have a sensible debate with those who have some decorum and don't think they are smart and funny!!!!

Two points:

1: Sockpuppet warning Red.

2: Using the word 'bhoy' in your username automatically deducts 50% from your IQ score.:Razz

Goodbye.

gleeber
24-Jul-11, 10:55
Oh good! Nicky boy feels abused and on this occasion I am happy, no delighted to be a part of his discomfort if it exposes the ignorance he posted on this thread. Neither he nor his head nodding small minded buddies would talk like that to the faces of people who loved Amy Winehouse so why do we have to put up with it on the org? That's a serious question so perhaps we could have a respectful debate about how we use internet forums and the effect our stuff has on other people if indeed any of our heroes are concerned about other peoples emotions behind their screen of anonymity. I can handle anything you lot throw at me because I'm not fooled by your behaviour but others may be less fortunate.

I'm not a mouthpiece for anyone Northerner, other than myself so please don,t mistake my disrespect for you as anything other than it is.

As for Smart arse. Pathetic but predictable.

golach
24-Jul-11, 11:13
Gleeber on his soap box once more. If I agree with one of Nickinthenorth's post that does not infer that I am a follower of his or small minded. I am not ashamed to state that I was not a follower of the said dead person, I found her life style obnoxious and not a peer figure I would want any of my children or grandchildren to follow.
Your sniping attacks from your keyboard are not always on target Gleeber.

gleeber
24-Jul-11, 11:17
I reckon they are hitting the target bang on. If you agree with Nicky boys sentiments then, unless you are dead in which case I will be more respectful towards you, You will get shot down with the crows.

NickInTheNorth
24-Jul-11, 11:24
Oh good! Nicky boy feels abused and on this occasion I am happy, no delighted to be a part of his discomfort

Not feeling abused, and no discomfort felt at all.

Simply highlighting a small irony regarding freedom of thought and of expression...

gleeber
24-Jul-11, 11:26
As long as your aware Nicky boy that your responsible for your own stuff which may not be acceptable to everyone.

Kells
24-Jul-11, 12:16
Not feeling abused, and no discomfort felt at all.

Simply highlighting a small irony regarding freedom of thought and of expression...

Making a personal abusive attack on a young person who has died has nothing to do with freedom of expression. A pity you do not have the intelligence to see this even when others point it out to you.

Walter Ego
24-Jul-11, 12:21
Oh good! Nicky boy feels abused and on this occasion I am happy, no delighted to be a part of his discomfort if it exposes the ignorance he posted on this thread. Neither he nor his head nodding small minded buddies would talk like that to the faces of people who loved Amy Winehouse so why do we have to put up with it on the org? That's a serious question so perhaps we could have a respectful debate about how we use internet forums and the effect our stuff has on other people if indeed any of our heroes are concerned about other peoples emotions behind their screen of anonymity. I can handle anything you lot throw at me because I'm not fooled by your behaviour but others may be less fortunate.

I'm not a mouthpiece for anyone Northerner, other than myself so please don,t mistake my disrespect for you as anything other than it is.

As for Smart arse. Pathetic but predictable.

It's rather odd isn't it?

Whinehouses death was a big topic in the local boozehole last night. Opinion was divided up exactly as it is on here. But guess what the one big difference was? No-one in either camp started slagging of the other side or being 'outraged' and 'offended' on behalf of anyone else. Both sides put their opinions forward and no-one felt an overwhelming urge to act as a self appointed defender of the truth or crude attempts at insults.

Which rather blows your your opinion that this is some sort of internet outrage that must be responded to by rather lame name calling. There's only one person looking ridiculous on this thread, Gleeber - and you only need to look in the mirror. And maybe spend a little more time away from the keyboard.[lol]

Run along now.

Corrie 3
24-Jul-11, 12:22
I reckon they are hitting the target bang on. If you agree with Nicky boys sentiments then, unless you are dead in which case I will be more respectful towards you, You will get shot down with the crows.
Just listen to yourself Gleeber !!!!
What you are trying to do is stifle free speech on an open Forum, you cannot do this my Friend. We are all entitled to our opinion and will not cow down and fabricate false sadness!!!
As far as I know there aren't any "Gangs" on here, just a few like minded people who have the right to be heard as much as the next person and it is the Moderators job to shoot down the Crows if they break the rules, not some self imposed Hangman!!!

C3......[disgust][disgust]

Walter Ego
24-Jul-11, 12:24
Not long before the 'C' word gets mentioned...

ticktockticktockticktock.......

gleeber
24-Jul-11, 12:30
I'm not stifling free speech. I'm challenging it with the same freedom bestowed on me and with a certain responsibilty for other people lacking in your posts and those of your buddies.
Your getting confused corrie about rules and morals. I'm sure the Mods are following this thread with interest and your right no ones broken any rules but I'm more than happy to push you lot to the limit with as little respect as I can get off with.

Corrie 3
24-Jul-11, 12:36
I'm not stifling free speech. I'm challenging it with the same freedom bestowed on me and with a certain responsibilty for other people lacking in your posts and those of your buddies.
Your getting confused corrie about rules and morals. I'm sure the Mods are following this thread with interest and your right no ones broken any rules but I'm more than happy to push you lot to the limit with as little respect as I can get off with.
I'm afraid you wont push me to any limit Gleeber, you are wasting your time. I see nothing wrong in accusing someone of being a bad role model and a waste of space in my opinion. I am sure there are others who feel just the same about myself but it doesnt worry me at all!!
You carry on, I enjoy a good laugh now and again!!

C3........[lol];)

gleeber
24-Jul-11, 12:39
What am I doing engaging idiots on the internet?

Walter Ego
24-Jul-11, 12:40

Here we go...the paranoia is a getting a grip, now.....

Ticktockticktockticktock........

......Your getting confused corrie about rules and morals. I'm sure the Mods are following this thread with interest and your right no ones broken any rules but I'm more than happy to push you lot to the limit with as little respect as I can get off with.

You really do believe you're on a righteous crusade, don't you?

Push away, boy. Push away......let me know when you believe you've won some weird sort of victory.

Ticktockticktockticktock.......

Walter Ego
24-Jul-11, 12:41
What am I doing engaging idiots on the internet?

How did you know I was going to say that? Should I be outraged?[lol]

Walter Ego
24-Jul-11, 12:55
Here y'go, Gleebs:

vwgolf
24-Jul-11, 12:56
"they tried to make her got to rehab she said no no no !!!!!!!!!!"

vintagepower3
24-Jul-11, 12:57
Im sorry to say this but this seems to be nothing more than a pack of vultures looking for a free meal ticket, im not directing that comment at the people who are paying their respects, but at people like NickInTheNorth. I mean the woman has not been dead a week and already people are insulting her, getting into arguments over wether or not she was a good role model. Dont rise to Nicks comments & he'll lose interest, its how attention seekers work. Cut off their air supply and they'll go away. I mean to me, NickInTheNorths behaviour is out of order. He seems to be the newest troll on org like many i have seen before, i dont agree with any comments the previous trolls have said but i find this guy to be highly offensive yet he seems to be allowed to insult the dead, i mean its one thing not to agree with someones lifestyle in life or to dislike them but you dont have to insult them after they have gone. I think insulting the dead is one of the most inhuman things a person (if they can be called that) can do, its evil. Does anyone agree with me ? I think Nick should be removed from Caithness.org. I hope people support me in complaining about him, better yet i hope someone beat me to it

scotsboy
24-Jul-11, 12:58
A once erudite forum has descended into this. Gone are the vast majority of decent posters, no need to wonder why. Leave them to it Gleeber, seriously they are not worth it. And I can assure you, you would all be told the very same to your face.

RIP Amy.

Liz
24-Jul-11, 12:59
Thank Chris she's dead peace no one likes here anyway big druggy bye you won't be missed

Who's Chris?!

Corrie 3
24-Jul-11, 13:21
I think insulting the dead is one of the most inhuman things a person (if they can be called that) can do, its evil. Does anyone agree with me ? I think Nick should be removed from Caithness.org. I hope people support me in complaining about him, better yet i hope someone beat me to it
I think trying to get an .Org Member banned for having an opinion is much worse than insulting the dead. Just because Nick's comments don't agree with yours you want him thrown off?????? Toy's and pram's spring to mind, how petty can you get????

C3........[disgust]

Acer
24-Jul-11, 13:32
NickInTheNorth, Corrie 3 and Walter Ego. Free speech is fine, but your comments on this thread have gone beyond the bounds of decency and are simply objectionable.

DeHaviLand
24-Jul-11, 13:39
To be honest, I couldnt give a flying fox about Amy Winehouse, alive or dead. But I think a lot of the comments on this thread are bordering on the hysterical. I cant believe some are calling for a .Orger to be banned purely for expressing his opinion. And I cant believe that so many other .Orgers see themselves as self-appointed moral guardians.

As for disrespecting the dead, respect has to be earned, its not a right. I dont see any reason for respecting someone after they've gone, when they did nothing to earn respect while alive. Just my opinion of course, if I'm still allowed to have one! Or do i have to cow-tow to the majority?

Walter Ego
24-Jul-11, 13:53
To be honest, I couldnt give a flying fox about Amy Winehouse, alive or dead. But I think a lot of the comments on this thread are bordering on the hysterical. I cant believe some are calling for a .Orger to be banned purely for expressing his opinion. And I cant believe that so many other .Orgers see themselves as self-appointed moral guardians.

As for disrespecting the dead, respect has to be earned, its not a right. I dont see any reason for respecting someone after they've gone, when they did nothing to earn respect while alive. Just my opinion of course, if I'm still allowed to have one! Or do i have to cow-tow to the majority?

Well, that's one person at least who is seeing just how ridiculous this thread is.

I'm sat here laughing my head off at those calling for bans/silencing/modding/fatwahs.....

Anyone want to see a nice picture of a kitten?

Corrie 3
24-Jul-11, 13:58
Could the Moderators please do something about NickInTheNorth, Corrie 3 and Walter Ego? Free speech is fine, but their comments on this thread have gone beyond the bounds of decency and are simply objectionable. And another one spitting out the dummy !!! And you have made 9 posts in 5 years so you are well in a position to get members banned aren't you? Go get a thicker skin is my advice to you!!! C3...............[disgust]:roll:;)

sandyr1
24-Jul-11, 14:00
To give one's opinion about something is one thing, but poster after poster saying that they are glad she is dead etc., etc., is a bit much/////we's all got the message!
I am sure that every person on here has some family member problem/s... We all do...Don't you think, even you WE., that enough is enuff!

Torvaig
24-Jul-11, 14:15
For those who wish to complain about this thread, may I suggest, once again, that they use the official method of reporting to the moderators who, again I say, do not sit in judgement 24 hours a day looking to see who needs their fingers rapped!

The org is basically self censoring in that each and everyone of you have the power - using your index finger - to select the wee triangle with an exclamation mark which sits to the bottom left of every post, to report anything to the powers that be who may or may not be sitting in at the very moment you press it.

You may have to wait some time; you may have action straight away; or nothing at all may be done if all mods (of which there are few; any volunteers?) are having a day off from the pathetic gurning and whining on the org., that has dominated this board recently.

Who could blame them?

I believe most of the people who post on the org are adults but you would not think it. Every now and then the forum descends into something similar to what used to be seen in the school playgrounds. Luckily, the kids seem to have more sense nowadays or else their teachers, monitors etc., know how to encourage them to behave.

Let's see if the more aggressive, bullying type of members here can curb their tendencies to that which is more acceptable to the majority of decent people. I am ashamed of some of the baser language and taunts being used here of late.

I just hope that potential residents, holiday makers, future business investors do not think that these members are typical of Caithness people.

P.S. For those who think I am being too harsh on the usual perpetrators please don't complain to me. Complain on the official channels as per above as I am not in the mood for adding to the conflict.

DeHaviLand
24-Jul-11, 15:15
To give one's opinion about something is one thing, but poster after poster saying that they are glad she is dead etc., etc., is a bit much/////we's all got the message!
I am sure that every person on here has some family member problem/s... We all do...Don't you think, even you WE., that enough is enuff!

Thats nothing more than a troll post Sandy, and frankly I thought better of you than that. Not a single poster on this thread, that I can see, has said they are glad to see Amy dead.

sandyr1
24-Jul-11, 15:33
Thats nothing more than a troll post Sandy, and frankly I thought better of you than that. Not a single poster on this thread, that I can see, has said they are glad to see Amy dead.

Glad she's gone/ good riddance X 2/ waste of space/Amie Winebox/ I could not be happier that she croaked/ / and when Pete Deherty dies I am having a party....Need more? And 'troll'. Jeeze Whiz/ r u ok!

northener
24-Jul-11, 15:41
A once erudite forum has descended into this. Gone are the vast majority of decent posters, no need to wonder why. Leave them to it Gleeber, seriously they are not worth it. And I can assure you, you would all be told the very same to your face.

RIP Amy.

Scotsboy, part of the reason many don't bother posting on here is because of ridiculous over-reaction to honest (yet controversial) opinion. If you don't toe the group hug and fluffy mentality line of many on here then you get lambasted with tantrums and petty outrage. And mostly from those who otherwise contribute very little in the way of meaningful discussion.

NitN stated his point clearly, Gleeber decided to go on a personal mission to 'right the wrong' along with a cackle of delicate souls who believe we should all feel sorry for everyone on the planet. Ridicule and mickey taking abounded. Big deal.

All the time I've been on here, I've never ever attempted to silence anyone who disagrees with me. I may disagree vehemently with them - but they have as much right to post as anyone else. And I will back them even though we may not see eye to eye at all. Fred was a good example.

You want to complain about how the .Org has gotten worse? Do a 180 degree turn, Scotsboy and you'll fine the answer. Legions of unthinking drones and muppets who cannot tolorate anyone or anything that does not fit in with their own narrow minded view of the world.
I wonder how many of these 'caring' souls would harbour such empathy for a 21 year old skaghead who has moved in next door to them, been a royal pain in the arse, coppers visiting at all hours of the day or night, destroyed themself and those who care for them and then been towed out in a bodybag? They'd be glad to see the back of them..especially if they'd nicked their prize flatscreen telly. Most of the offended on here wouldn't pish on an addict with serious problems if they were on fire.[disgust]

Yet some minor celebrity pays the ultimate price for their choice of 'recreational' lifestyle and we are all meant to burst into tears and tap away messages of fake sincerity online? Good grief, how shallow can you get?
I also wonder how many of these people have avidly gobbled up every bit of tabloid crap regarding Amy and sat there tut-tutting at her and her 'lifestyle'?

Hypocrites, rank hypocrites.

It's interesting to note that none of those who were being insulted by the warrior Gleeber have called for his silence or his posts removing, maybe because they're broad-shouldered enough to take the criticism and fire it back with out having a tantrum?

And I'd say that to anyone's face...whatever that is meant to mean.....

BTW Walters won hands down so far[lol]

And I tend to disagree with Corrie3 about everything...left wing donkey jacketted numpty that he is...but he gets my vote on this;)

sandyr1
24-Jul-11, 15:51
Do you think it is OK to disrespect the Dead....Look what was said about the Olympic Luger!
Make one's opinion clear...of course...but to go on with aforedescribed words is not very nice.....common decency........perhaps will prevail!

linnie612
24-Jul-11, 15:56
Someone has died. End of story. No need to trash them.

porshiepoo
24-Jul-11, 15:58
Wondered how long it would take for this thread to turn into a slanging match.

Personally I think any death at such a young age is tragic but in this case, not a tragedy. Amy Winehouse had a gift (some may disagree with that) and unfortunately also had a dependency for drugs and alcohol. While we do not know for sure what her cause of death was, I think we can assume one or both of these had some influence on the outcome.
I would imagine in the dark of the night that Amy herself predicted many a time where her life was leading. It's a shame and a sad loss for her family, friends and many fans.

Personally I do not see the need for any post on this thread to be removed or any poster punished in any way.
We are all adults and we are all entitled to an opinion and to express that opinion. If a person does not agree with that opinion or finds it offensive, ignore it and do not draw conversation from it, but we have to accept that every opinion is valid to that individual.
Some of us may prefer to be cautious with how we express an opinion but others are more forthright and say how they feel when they feel it. Neither way is right or wrong, they are simply different!
Some of us may also believe that some comments should not be expressed as they may be considered unsavoury or cruel but if it is a persons nature to talk that way then who are we to expect them to behave any differently simply because it offends our sensibilities?
I also believe that some comments and opinions on this thread by certain orgers have esculated into more defiant opinions simply because they are being criticised for them and feel the need to defend them. Back a dog into a corner and it will come out biting!
I have found myself in that situation many a time and sadly, because orgers tend to not want to hear any opinions or comments that are not positive or worded so no offence can possibly be taken (which is nigh on impossible on here), I tend not to use the org. I'm not saying I want to be offensive or make nasty comments or get into arguments, I simply want to be able to say what I think without being slagged off.

If we do not like a comment on this forum, accept it as someone elses opinion and walk away from it!

Kells
24-Jul-11, 16:02
Scotsboy, part of the reason many don't bother posting on here is because of ridiculous over-reaction to honest (yet controversial) opinion. If you don't toe the group hug and fluffy mentality line of many on here then you get lambasted with tantrums and petty outrage. And mostly from those who otherwise contribute very little in the way of meaningful discussion.

NitN stated his point clearly, Gleeber decided to go on a personal mission to 'right the wrong' along with a cackle of delicate souls who believe we should all feel sorry for everyone on the planet. Ridicule and mickey taking abounded. Big deal.

All the time I've been on here, I've never ever attempted to silence anyone who disagrees with me. I may disagree vehemently with them - but they have as much right as anyone to post as anyone else. And I will back them even though we may not see eye to eye at all. Fred was a good example.

You want to complain about how the .Org has gotten worse? Do a 180 degree turn, Scotsboy and you'll fine the answer. Legions of unthinking drones and muppets who cannot tolorate anyone or anything that does not fit in with their own narrow minded view of the world.
I wonder how many of these 'caring' souls would harbour such empathy for a 21 year old skaghead who has moved in next door to them, been a royal pain in the arse, coppers visiting at all hours of the day or night, destroyed themself and those who care for them and then been towed out in a bodybag? They'd be glad to see the back of them..especially if they'd nicked their prize flatscreen telly. Most of the offended on here wouldn't pish on an addict with serious problems if they were on fire.[disgust]

Yet some minor celebrity pays the ultimate price for their choice of 'recreational' lifestyle and we are all meant to burst into tears and tap away messages of fake sincerity online? Good grief, how shallow can you get?
I also wonder how many of these people have avidly gobbled up every bit of tabloid crap regarding Amy and sat there tut-tutting at her and her 'lifestyle'?

It's interesting to note that none of those who were being insulted by the warrior Gleeber have called for his silence or his posts removing, maybe because they're broad-shouldered enough to take the criticism and fire it back with out having a tantrum?

BTW Walters won hands down so far[lol]

And I tend to disagree with Corrie3 about everything...left wing donkey jacketted numpty that he is...but he gets my vote on this;)

What has walters won hands down so far? is there a competition going on that only a few are aware of.

toodiemac
24-Jul-11, 16:33
I was not a fan of her music to be honest, and of course it's well known that she had mental health problems and was an addict, but ...................... oh my God, the comments on here from Nickinthenorth I find abhorrent as a fellow human being!

It's well documented that Amy Winehouse DID try rehab – the vast majority of addicts don't really want to kill themselves with their addiction, they just find it incredibly hard to stop. It is a mental health problem NickInTheNorth, which many people have to some degree. These addicts don't take delight in hurting the people they love, don't take delight in feeling lousy and in pain. I have known/know addicts and I can assure you that they are people like you and I, family, friends etc. They are people who matter, people who make a difference to this world, often in a good way, people who are loved – they are people …................... people who are dealing with a problem, but they are still human beings. They are not the addiction i.e. they are not simply a junkie because they use drugs – they are a human being with all the complexities that entails. I don't think actually that this woman intentionally hurt anybody but herself – I didn't know her but from all that's been printed I reckon that is the truth.

To say that this woman, someone's child, friend, cousin, sister, wife, is a waste of space because she has an addiction and mental health problems, well I just find that utterly disgusting. Where is the sympathy and the empathy – what on earth has happened to human tolerance and kindness in your case NickInTheNorth (and those who agree with him)? My goodness, people talk about the decline in society today and put the blame on teenagers/young adults and yet here we have a full grown man who could actually be spouting this intolerance to children of his own!

I actually think that the children and teenagers I know would be a lot more respectful and empathic – what an example to teach the youngsters on the org.

Finally, I just need to say that I am lucky, I have never had drug problems nor mental health problems, but as a human being I am very aware that they exist all around me and I would never judge somebody on that basis. Obviously NickInTheNorth either does not know anybody with an addiction or if he does, then he has no respect for them whatsoever – if I am wrong on that then I would have to surmise that he did, after all, know Amy Winehouse personally and is speaking in an informed manner where he actually does know that she was “a waste of space”.

For this orger to say that he would happily say to the dead girl's father that he is happy that she has died, that she was a waste of space – and I'm assuming here that he didn't ever know her, well that almost doesn't seem human to me! I have children, and I can only think of Amy Winehouse' parents and empathise with them. If NickInTheNorth is a parent then I actually find it scary that he would happily say to her freshly bereaved parents that she was a waste of space and he could not be happier that she is dead! I find it abhorrent that he could say that if he is not a parent himself, but incredibly disturbing if he is in fact a parent. Could any parents out there imagine saying that to a bereaved mum or dad? Is this what is wrong in society today – most people are good through but …....................

Absolutely sickening. I'm all for free speech I guess, but as for utter poison, well, I'm just not sure how to stomach that.

Rest In Peace Amy Winehouse and Rest In Peace all the unhappy, perhaps tormented, but loved-all-the-same souls that I have known growing up in Caithness, people I have not known personally from across the globe, also family of my close friends – dear, very dear friends who have suffered through no fault of their own, some who tried very hard to beat their addiction but failed. Wonderful people, rest in peace and thanks goodness the majority of people in this world are good, kind and forgiving!
Waste of space my backside – get a grip and have a heart!!

Corrie 3
24-Jul-11, 16:41
This is my last post on this thread, I need to get this off my chest and if I get slated for it then so be it, I just don't care because this is my view on suicide and no one else's.
I think that suicide is the most selfish of acts a human being can partake in, they cant love their Family and Friends if they are going to put them through the torment, anguish and sadness that suicide brings. If they stopped and thought about what they leave behind when they end it all why on earth do they do it? Ok, they probably need release from tormented lives but don't they stop and think of the torment and sadness they are bringing to the one's that actually love them? I have no sympathy towards anyone who ends their life but I do have feelings towards the one's that are left in misery and sadness!
Thats all from me Folks, I have said my piece!!

C3........:eek:

Aaldtimer
24-Jul-11, 16:44
Then gently scan your brother man,
Still gentler sister Woman,
Tho' they may gang a kennin' wrang,
To step aside is human:
One point must still be greatly dark,
The moving Why they do it;
And just as lamely can ye mark,
How far perhaps they rue it.

Who made the heart,'tis he alone
Decidedly can try us,
He knows each chord it's various tone,
Each spring it's various bias,
Then at the balance let's be mute,
We never can adjust it,
What's done we partly may compute,
But know not what's resisted.

Robert Burns
The address to the unco guid, or rigidly righteous

scotsboy
24-Jul-11, 16:44
http://sexdrugssausagerolls.wordpress.com/

Gleber2
24-Jul-11, 16:50
Quite an eye-opening thread this has been so far. Very sad at the lack of charity shown in many of the posts. So far, no-one has wasted many words on the possible reasons for her lifestyle and drug and alcohol dependancy.
It is almost impossible to imagine the strain that the position of 'star' can put upon a young mind. To be taken from obscurity and raised onto a pedestal where one's every whim is satisfied must put enormous pressure on a young ego which was quite strong to start with. To have to produce at such a level over and over again in a make believe reality while being showered with all manner of addictive substances has been the downfal of many a strong mind, let alone many weaker ones. Parker , Coltrane and Hendrix, three of my heroes, went that way, Hank Williams had similar problems, Elvis could'nt handle the real world and neither could Jackson. This list could go on for ever.
There is no doubting that she had a certain talent and there is no doubting that fame was too much for her. Unfortunately she is not alone in this day and age. Even Harry Potter admits to having and alcohol problem.
The loneliness that the young stars must feel is easily covered up by the false gaiety of alcohol abuse and the pain of the position easily removed by the blanket painkilling of heroin.
The complete loss of privacy, to be at the mercy of the media 24/7 and to be surrounded by sychophants is not worth the riches they are showered with.
Some people are not capable of taking the pain of withdrawal from tobacco, let alone heroin and its sister killer alcohol. Billie Holiday couldn't and Britney Spears will never fully recover from her excesses.How much more human it would be if folks on this forum looked at a tragic situation with charity, compassion, understanding and above all, forgiveness. Must they sit on their ivory tower and look down, rubbing their hands with glee when yet another of the man-made mighty have fallen.

toodiemac
24-Jul-11, 17:20
This is my last post on this thread, I need to get this off my chest and if I get slated for it then so be it, I just don't care because this is my view on suicide and no one else's.
I think that suicide is the most selfish of acts a human being can partake in, they cant love their Family and Friends if they are going to put them through the torment, anguish and sadness that suicide brings. If they stopped and thought about what they leave behind when they end it all why on earth do they do it? Ok, they probably need release from tormented lives but don't they stop and think of the torment and sadness they are bringing to the one's that actually love them? I have no sympathy towards anyone who ends their life but I do have feelings towards the one's that are left in misery and sadness!

I think you may have hit the nail on the head - the fact is that most probably people considering suicide do not stop and think. I'm pretty sure they do not suddenly all stop loving their family and friends. In such poor mental health they probably don't clearly think of the effect on their family and friends because they are probably not thinking clearly at all. I do have sympathy actually for people who feel that they have no other choice but to end their life, because that mus be such a dark, dark place to be.

To feel like that is the only option left must be a horrendous state of mind to be in, but most often it stems from ill health (mental health) and is not a way to punish those that are being left behind. I reckon most people could never even come close to imagining what it must be like inside the mind of a suicidal person. I can't imagine it either, but my basic human awareness tells me that it must be absolute hell, torture, and possibly they can see no other way in their troubled state.

Just my opinion of course, I may get slated for it, but it's just my opinion ...............................................

Phill
24-Jul-11, 17:31
Yawn!

I trying to work myself up into a lather of outrage but I'm not sure if it's about the gramma n' spellink or for having an opinion.

I did spend some time writing a post to reply to the thread, but after some thought I deleted it. Instead I'd advise that the majority of you go watch some Tom & Jerry cartoons, I've put some on for my kids and they've stopped squabbling.

annemarie482
24-Jul-11, 18:14

my sentiments exactly.
another celeb thinking fame makes them immortal to be proved wrong.
sad for family and friends concerned but was a predictable outcome to many.
certainly didnt deserve a top spot on the news over the horrific killings in norway thats for sure.

gleeber
24-Jul-11, 20:09

All the time I've been on here, I've never ever attempted to silence anyone who disagrees with me. I may disagree vehemently with them - but they have as much right to post as anyone else. And I will back them even though we may not see eye to eye at all. Fred was a good example.

I wonder how many of these 'caring' souls would harbour such empathy for a 21 year old skaghead who has moved in next door to them, been a royal pain in the arse, coppers visiting at all hours of the day or night, destroyed themself and those who care for them and then been towed out in a bodybag? They'd be glad to see the back of them..especially if they'd nicked their prize flatscreen telly. Most of the offended on here wouldn't pish on an addict with serious problems if they were on fire.

BTW Walters won hands down so far

You give me too much credit Northerner. The last thing I would want would be for you and your coherts to be silenced. It's important that your kind of behaviour is recorded and used in a way that may benefit all of us who enjoy using the internet for entertainment and education. Theres a place for it and it's a valid position but most people would be hesitant to use language like Nick used in his effort to show how pleased he was that Amy Winehouse had died. Frankly I found it abhorent and reacted but I would defend his right to use it.
However, you mistake censor for challenge and mealy mouthed liberalism for debate because I dont agree with the language you use. If I decide to challenge what i think to be an unreasonable position I'm on a mission but if Nick and yourself decide to go off on one your expressing freedom to use the internet to spread your own version of interpersonal communication, unhindered. Now there's a novel idea and Im not playing.
I strongly disagree with Nicks expression of delight at the death of Amy Winehouse and I showed my displeasure by challenging it along with ther rest of you who showed support for his words. Thats what the internet does. It confronts us with other opeoples ideas and feelings. I dont know what the answer is. Probably this is it. The occasional stramash, nothing gets sorted, and then another stramash.
Just don't confuse challenge with censor. Im not on a crusade but dont start me. :lol:

gleeber
24-Jul-11, 20:15

What's that about corrie? It's one sided and insulting
I read yesterday about a 15 year old girl in England who hanged herself last week after she received a nasty message on facebook. Was she a waste of space too?

gleeber
24-Jul-11, 20:27
I cant help noticing theres a fair bit of support for Nick and Northerner. Theres also a fair bit of support for the other side. Its just a pity it becomes an org classic with nowhere to go. You guys find the language you use on the forums perfectly ok I find it abhorent in this case. I Think I could move a bit and be less fixed in my opinions but could you Nick n Northerner? Could you refine your language considering the open medium we are using here.
Lets be real here.
Imagine if Amy Winehouses father and mother read this thread. Would you be proud Nick? Northerner? Golach? Corrie? Smart arse?

Corrie 3
24-Jul-11, 21:01
What's that about corrie? It's one sided and insulting
I read yesterday about a 15 year old girl in England who hanged herself last week after she received a nasty message on facebook. Was she a waste of space too?
No !! she wasnt a waste of space but you are comparing a 15year old schoolgirl to a 27 year old Woman who had the world at her feet! Having said that, both of should have been sensible enough to know that suicide is not the way. Even a 15 year old should have the sense to seek help and advice from Parents, Teachers or even the Police. If my post makes at least one person stop and think about the torment, anguish and sadness that killing themselves will bring to the people who love them then my post will not have been in vain.
And tell me Gleeber, who have I insulted by making that post?

C3......:eek:

gleeber
24-Jul-11, 21:18
I'm insulted by your ignorance on the processes involved in a desperate human mind. I cant talk for anyone else.

Corrie 3
24-Jul-11, 21:27
I'm insulted by your ignorance on the processes involved in a desperate human mind. I cant talk for anyone else.
That's OK then, I dont mind insulting you Gleeber !!!!

C3.......:roll:;)

DeHaviLand
24-Jul-11, 21:29

Unbelievable Gleeber. How many .Orgers have you insulted in this thread alone?

gleeber
24-Jul-11, 21:33
Unbelievable Gleeber. How many .Orgers have you insulted in this thread alone?
When did you crawl out of the woodwork and have you anything constructive to say about anything. Highly unlikely.
I reckon that's about 6 now but your the stupidest.

gleeber
24-Jul-11, 21:35
I know Mods. Your having a laugh too. Hopefully it wont get much worse than it is now but you never know. Ill come quietly.

DeHaviLand
24-Jul-11, 21:46
When did you crawl out of the woodwork and have you anything constructive to say about anything. Highly unlikely.
I reckon that's about 6 now but your the stupidest.

Now you're showing a distinct lack of class Gleeber. No less than I would expect from you actually. Hopefully, i'll see you on Saturday.

gleeber
24-Jul-11, 21:51
Im happy with my reply classy or not. Whats with the see you on Saturday stuff?

cherokee
24-Jul-11, 21:53
I know Mods. Your having a laugh too. .

Good grief "Mods" ...... At what point does this thread get even more disgusting comments than it already has..... TBH.....I honestly feel - "that I have had enough of this "so-called" "Family-Forum"........

DeHaviLand
24-Jul-11, 21:56
Im happy with my reply classy or not. Whats with the see you on Saturday stuff?

I'll be in Thurso Saturday, i'd be delighted to have you come say "your (sic) the stupidest"

gleeber
24-Jul-11, 22:01
Well it was said in a bit of jest. I dont get involved with people who threaten people over the internet so I wont be looking you out. If you insist on a meeting we can arrange it in a busy place anywhere in town whenever suits you.

northener
24-Jul-11, 22:09
You give me too much credit Northerner. The last thing I would want would be for you and your coherts to be silenced. It's important that your kind of behaviour is recorded and used in a way that may benefit all of us who enjoy using the internet for entertainment and education. Theres a place for it and it's a valid position but most people would be hesitant to use language like Nick used in his effort to show how pleased he was that Amy Winehouse had died. Frankly I found it abhorent and reacted but I would defend his right to use it.
However, you mistake censor for challenge and mealy mouthed liberalism for debate because I dont agree with the language you use. If I decide to challenge what i think to be an unreasonable position I'm on a mission but if Nick and yourself decide to go off on one your expressing freedom to use the internet to spread your own version of interpersonal communication, unhindered. Now there's a novel idea and Im not playing.
I strongly disagree with Nicks expression of delight at the death of Amy Winehouse and I showed my displeasure by challenging it along with ther rest of you who showed support for his words. Thats what the internet does. It confronts us with other opeoples ideas and feelings. I dont know what the answer is. Probably this is it. The occasional stramash, nothing gets sorted, and then another stramash.
Just don't confuse challenge with censor. Im not on a crusade but dont start me. :lol:

Good God.

You're serious.

John Little
24-Jul-11, 22:11
Well it was said in a bit of jest. I dont get involved with people who threaten people over the internet so I wont be looking you out. If you insist on a meeting we can arrange it in a busy place anywhere in town whenever suits you.

Please do not meet. This is a virtual spat between two assumed names.

To remove it from the screen and take it to the streets is un-necessary and throws the value of this site into question.

Any trouble could well trigger consequences for the Org

DeHaviLand
24-Jul-11, 22:17

I didnt threaten you Gleeber, you're the internet warrior, not me!

DeHaviLand
24-Jul-11, 22:28
Please do not meet. This is a virtual spat between two assumed names.

To remove it from the screen and take it to the streets is un-necessary and throws the value of this site into question.

Any trouble could well trigger consequences for the Org

Sorry John, I may well use an assumed name, but I'm hardly anonymous. Gleeber is one of those people who think what they say on here has no consequence in real life. Maybe now he will see that it does.

John Little
24-Jul-11, 22:34
You're assuming Gleeber is a he?

northener
24-Jul-11, 22:41
I cant help noticing theres a fair bit of support for Nick and Northerner. Theres also a fair bit of support for the other side. Its just a pity it becomes an org classic with nowhere to go. You guys find the language you use on the forums perfectly ok I find it abhorent in this case. I Think I could move a bit and be less fixed in my opinions but could you Nick n Northerner? Could you refine your language considering the open medium we are using here.
Lets be real here.
Imagine if Amy Winehouses father and mother read this thread. Would you be proud Nick? Northerner? Golach? Corrie? Smart arse?

Couldn't give a monkeys. They'll have read worse (and will read more) in the tabloid press over the next few days.

I state my personal opinion, nothing more and nothing less. If you can't handle that - then the problem lies with you, not those who's opinion doesn't dovetail with your own personal view on life.

Interesting to note that you are still persisting with the 'comedy' linking of names of those who disagree with you........

DeHaviLand
24-Jul-11, 22:46
You're assuming Gleeber is a he?

Aren't all internet warriors?

billy5000
24-Jul-11, 23:03
Hi
i agree with nicks opinion and my views are that she was an UNTALENTED screecher with absolutely no tone or anything remotely directed at what most people with taste would class as music!

And ontop of that she was an attention seeking drug abuser abit like pete(please be him next)and she ended where EVERYONE knew she would end!face down in the gutter(in a manor of speaking).

If she had such a loving family support structure, then they would have been the first to lend a supporting hand! but she decided on her OWN back that they were not good enough or cared enough to stay on this planet for!!

She was wasted! as she has allways been! and she knew what would happen given her expieriance with drugs for many years .(which reflected in her dragqueen appearance )

she reminded me of courtney love! but rougher(if thats possible)

She never came out with ANY matierial that could be remotely classed as music and a voice like a 200 aday chain smoker,but i guess in this day and age with half the bands that play at festivals she was no differant!!!absolute drivel with no talent and no class in every respect(esp towards being a roll model!!!!

glad thats another tuneless diva gone and now the only people that will have to see those horrid tatoos are the slab techs!!

but watch for the BBC using this as a reason to blight an already BAD service with memorial tributes.....off goes my tv!

John Little
24-Jul-11, 23:04
That's the point. All internet warriors are Vikings with battle-axes.

Until it turns out they're 15 year old girls.

Or old ladies.

With false names, none of this is real.

So we have nowt to lose by being nice to each other.

Ach - just saw the above.

I'm for my bed - there are greater storms at sea.

billy5000
24-Jul-11, 23:10
I'm for my bed - there are greater storms at sea.

couldnt have said it better!!! greater storms at sea than this hagged hasbin!!!
and to think 8 pages for this thing!!

golach
25-Jul-11, 00:15
IImagine if Amy Winehouses father and mother read this thread. Would you be proud Nick? Northerner? Golach? Corrie? Smart arse?
Gleeber, I care not a whit if the parents her see my posts, I am more concerned about, the more important people in this world, our soldiers getting killed in Afghanistan, the Norwegian teenagers who were killed, I have no sympathy to a self induced junkie so called musician/singer who may have topped herself.

ducati
25-Jul-11, 07:12
I would normally wade in to a thread like this, and far from pouring oil on troubled waters, would add fuel to the conflagration.

However.. it has gone way beyond comments on the death of a young women, troubled for many years. ( Who I happen to think could sing very well, but I like that kind of voice.)

And has turned into a very, unfortunate airing of, I can only assume, existing animosity by and to certain orgers.

Plus it has stirred up such feeling that there are many contributors that are rarely seen on the org. This I put down to the traffic on twitter and facebook. (whatever they are).

I have no more comment on the subject of the thread but the result, I think, will be with the org for a long time.

I hope it doesn't have a negative effect because the org is not what it once was and I hope will be again. :(

sweetpea
25-Jul-11, 08:07

I think your very misinformed about suicide. Some of the thoughts that a desperate person thinks when formulating their suicide plan is 'they will be better off without me', 'nobody can do anything to help me now'. Suicide is the last act for people who are desperate, angry, guilty, lonely, sad, hopeless, helpless and feel worthless. They have feelings like' I just can't take it anymore', 'I can't do anything right' ' I can't keep my thoughts straight' and ' I would be better off dead'.
Yes mental ill health, substance misuse, reckless behaviour make it worse but these actions can often be part of the part of the plan for these poor souls. All it takes is for people around them to spot the signs and ask the question ' Have you thought about killing yourself' or 'have you tried killing yourself before' and think 'what resources do they have to kill themselves'... simple suicide first aid... then you can help them formulate a safe plan..which will take them over the next 24 hours until you can get them help.
Here's a link that anyone in the community can access training in suicide first aid. After all it's not just for professionals in this field but for all of us in ordinary communities who may be able to spot the signs and help someone that is feeling this way.

http://www.chooselife.net/Training/ASIST/ASISTHome.asp

gleeber
25-Jul-11, 08:55
Aren't all internet warriors?

Gleeber, I care not a whit if the parents her see my posts, I am more concerned about, the more important people in this world, our soldiers getting killed in Afghanistan, the Norwegian teenagers who were killed, I have no sympathy to a self induced junkie so called musician/singer who may have topped herself.

I would normally wade in to a thread like this, and far from pouring oil on troubled waters, would add fuel to the conflagration.

However.. it has gone way beyond comments on the death of a young women, troubled for many years. ( Who I happen to think could sing very well, bit I like that kind of voice.)

And has turned into a very, unfortunate airing of, I can only assume, existing animosity by and to certain orgers.

Plus it has stirred up such feeling that there are many contributors that are rarely seen on the org. This I put down to the traffic on twitter and facebook. (whatever they are).

I have no more comment on the subject of the thread but the result, I think, will be with the org for a long time.

I hope it doesn't have a negative effect because the org is not what it once was and I hope will be again. :(

I understand your post Ducati and for my part I apoligise. Mind you we have been saying a similar thing about the org for the past 10 years. There's no existing animosity on my part so if you know something I dont perhaps you could tell me.

I dont accept the tag of internet warrior. I challenge opinions that move me in a negative fashion otherwise Im likely to be contaminated by it. Just because half a dozen or so with a few followers have strong opinions and then declare shock and horror when their opinions are challenged and complain that their freedom comes above all doesnt mean I have to accept it neither does it mean I am wrong to challenge it. Surely this is the stuff of internet forums? Northerners concerned that the lilting lilies amongst us spoil the org for him because he has to tread carefully. No he doesnt. He can say what he likes and he does but if it gets challenged please dont think the challenger is any less a person than you because of a different use of emotions and an afinity with language. Dont try and shame the challenger into submission by claiming some moral right to say what you want about anything. This is a modern medium very new and can be helpful but it is also a powerfull tool in anyones hands.
I'm disturbed by a couple of posts but i have no control over other peoples thoughts and just to point out that some seem to seperate the internet from real life. Well look around and tell me where real life ends and the internet begins?
Hopefully some will understand why this thread erupted in the manner it did and why I dug in. There's been the most awful reprehensible opinions offered about the death of a young women by grown men and although non of them surprise me by their opinions I'm saddened by it and worse by my own reaction to it. I reacted and then they spent a full day justifying a position that goes against the grain of common decency towards the dead. If it's worked for you fair enough but if your disrespectful enough towards other peoples feelings to put it in print on the org, a community website, then, expect it to be challenged.
If this has consequences for me on the street it wont be by my instigation. But I would stand by my principals with any one of them anywhere anytime but to be honest if this thread has shown anything it's shown how pointless it is to talk about things if you cant see how insulting your own language may be or if you do see it you enjoy it. That kind of attitude needs challenged too otherwise we would all be going around like coiled springs on a comlpete wind-up 24 hours a day.
I apoligise to the org for my behaviour. I'm not proud of it but i did it in memory of a young woman who died in tragic circumstances.

caithgal
25-Jul-11, 09:01
All i can say to those who have slagged her is that i hope its never one of your own family as drugs are in many families but you may just not know it

Whatever way she died may she rest in peace

billy5000
25-Jul-11, 09:05
tragic circumstances.!!?

dont you mean (overdue )she was on a path of self distruction and had all the help she needed at hand but didnt use it where as many suicides who call for help do!

she was a constant drug user like many skag heads so i guess they are all tragic(and those they steal from are just nothing)

she maynot have stole from anyone but she was still a skaghead plain and simple wether she injected or not!

and before you shout "how could you say such things about a girl in need of help"ive been there many times and have tried many times! i know more about the situation than i dare mention!

but i didnt die, and if i had! i still wouldnt care about how it affected others, as SHE didnt! so why should i care for her

she wont be the last!

gleeber
25-Jul-11, 09:12
That's the point Billy. You don't have to care for her and neither do |I but everyone is different and reacts in a different way to the same events. Your emotional make up allows you to talk like that. Mine doesn't. There's the difficulty.

billy5000
25-Jul-11, 09:15
gleeber fair enough mate,as they say were entitled to our own opinions etc etc

im just colder than most!

but there are many like me! and i feel sorry for that! but not in regards to the whinehouse things etc!

Corrie 3
25-Jul-11, 09:56
I think your very misinformed about suicide. Some of the thoughts that a desperate person thinks when formulating their suicide plan is 'they will be better off without me', 'nobody can do anything to help me now'. Suicide is the last act for people who are desperate, angry, guilty, lonely, sad, hopeless, helpless and feel worthless. They have feelings like' I just can't take it anymore', 'I can't do anything right' ' I can't keep my thoughts straight' and ' I would be better off dead'.

http://www.chooselife.net/Training/ASIST/ASISTHome.asp
Not misinformed sweetpea, I have been there myself on three occasions. Thankfully I have realised that I would do nothing but cause upset and pain to the people who love me!

C3.....:(

sweetpea
25-Jul-11, 10:11
Well C3 glad you got the help you needed at the moment when you were going to kill yourself, you are one of the lucky ones I reckon. Not so for some of the poor souls standing on bridges, tying the noose, loading the guns or stealing their parent's car keys...

Walter Ego
25-Jul-11, 10:20
I understand your post Ducati and for my part I apoligise. Mind you we have been saying a similar thing about the org for the past 10 years. There's no existing animosity on my part so if you know something I dont perhaps you could tell me.

I dont accept the tag of internet warrior. I challenge opinions that move me in a negative fashion otherwise Im likely to be contaminated by it. Just because half a dozen or so with a few followers have strong opinions and then declare shock and horror when their opinions are challenged and complain that their freedom comes above all doesnt mean I have to accept it neither does it mean I am wrong to challenge it. Surely this is the stuff of internet forums? Northerners concerned that the lilting lilies amongst us spoil the org for him because he has to tread carefully. No he doesnt. He can say what he likes and he does but if it gets challenged please dont think the challenger is any less a person than you because of a different use of emotions and an afinity with language. Dont try and shame the challenger into submission by claiming some moral right to say what you want about anything. This is a modern medium very new and can be helpful but it is also a powerfull tool in anyones hands.
I'm disturbed by a couple of posts but i have no control over other peoples thoughts and just to point out that some seem to seperate the internet from real life. Well look around and tell me where real life ends and the internet begins?
Hopefully some will understand why this thread erupted in the manner it did and why I dug in. There's been the most awful reprehensible opinions offered about the death of a young women by grown men and although non of them surprise me by their opinions I'm saddened by it and worse by my own reaction to it. I reacted and then they spent a full day justifying a position that goes against the grain of common decency towards the dead. If it's worked for you fair enough but if your disrespectful enough towards other peoples feelings to put it in print on the org, a community website, then, expect it to be challenged.
If this has consequences for me on the street it wont be by my instigation. But I would stand by my principals with any one of them anywhere anytime but to be honest if this thread has shown anything it's shown how pointless it is to talk about things if you cant see how insulting your own language may be or if you do see it you enjoy it. That kind of attitude needs challenged too otherwise we would all be going around like coiled springs on a comlpete wind-up 24 hours a day.
I apoligise to the org for my behaviour. I'm not proud of it but i did it in memory of a young woman who died in tragic circumstances.

Noble words, Gleeber.

Well, they would be if they were not carefully crafted in a way that stands you in a favourable light whilst still managing to deride those who's opinions differ from yours.......;)

Walter Ego
25-Jul-11, 10:24
All i can say to those who have slagged her is that i hope its never one of your own family as drugs are in many families but you may just not know it

How do you know it hasn't happened already? That's rather an amazing assumption you've made there. Thanks for telling me that.

Corrie 3
25-Jul-11, 11:00
Well C3 glad you got the help you needed at the moment when you were going to kill yourself, you are one of the lucky ones I reckon. Not so for some of the poor souls standing on bridges, tying the noose, loading the guns or stealing their parent's car keys...
Yes Sweetpea, I am one of the lucky one's. What I cant understand is that Winehouse had all the help at her disposal and still went ahead and ruined her Families live's. I had one person who helped me to show me the error of my way's, the rest was up to me.

C3....:(

bekisman
25-Jul-11, 11:51
Been a lot of opinions on here covering the whole range of emotions, I am a wee bit surprised of the silence of some Orgers who gave their views in various threads; that there's nothing wrong with gateway drugs.
Of course, as I write it's not been disclosed if it was down to drugs, as her being a chain smoker, heavy drinker AND drug taker; the cause is still open.

No doubt there are Orgers on here who had a very bad start in life, personal violence towards them, a disadvantaged background, and many from broken families where parents split when they were young.. etc but who have still turned out to be reasonably good members of our society..
Of course these 'celebs' are under pressure, but there are a great many others who have got through without the resort to artificial stimulants..
It's down to the individual; some of us are stronger than others, but watching AW spitting at people and personal treatment of others turned my stomach, I gained the impression she was out of control. A role Model? nope; never, but maybe hopefully her pointless death will help open a few younger eyes - but I won't hold my breath...

WeeRob
25-Jul-11, 13:19
People who say she wasn't talented clearly haven't listened to a lot of her stuff. Here's a clip from Later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KnBVJfXHx8&feature=fvst
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KnBVJfXHx8&feature=fvst)
Now, to me it's beyond opinion that this is a clip of a supremely gifted singer backed by an incredible band.

porshiepoo
25-Jul-11, 13:28

I can understand people feeling that way about suicide.

I tried to end my life for the first time when I was 8 years old. Obviously at 8 years old I didn't have much imagination as to how a person was supposed to do it, all I knew was that I no longer wanted to be here. The world was an awful place and I felt totally and utterly alone and unloved, in fact I used to have regular dreams that my parents were trying to kill my sister and I by chopping us up on my mums overlock machine. Bizarre!
As an adult I can see now that my parents loved me and did the best with the situation they found themselves in, that's all anyone can ask for, but at the time.........
Thankfully tying a plastic bag round my head and laying on my hands was never going to work despite several attempts in my childhood, and thankfully my brother also stopped me from jumping out of a bedroom window.

Even now when I have a great relationship with my surviving parent I can still remember and feel the desperation and the desolation I felt as a child and this wasn't even heightened by a substance abuse so I kind of understand and sympathise with Amy Winehouses situation (not that I have heard any report stating she committed suicide).
When a person feels that dark, alone and desolate and is desperate to escape the life they are living, sometimes they can only see one quick solution and in a weird way that makes complete sense to that person death is fairer on the family that is left behind.
People with addictions have to watch the heartache, disappointment and sadness that their problems are having on their loved ones and someone that is that depressed can easily convince themselves that it would be better for their loved ones to suffer one quick loss that eventually they will come to terms with than a lifetime of heartache and fear.

Suicide is not a cowards way out IMO, it's the tragic actions of a desperate soul that can see no other solution.

northener
25-Jul-11, 13:28

Gleeber,

I disagree with you, you disagree with me. I have no problem with that whatsoever.

But I am very disturbed by your wording in the bit I have highlighted. Why on earth are you suggesting that an internet spat will spill over into the real world? I sincerely hope you are not accusing me of threatening you? I'd happily buy you a beer anytime.

Could you elaborate, please. If I have misunderstood then I apologise unreservedly.

gleeber
25-Jul-11, 13:31
I know we would get on well enough in real life northerner but I felt a bit threatened about another post.
I trust that clears it up.

northener
25-Jul-11, 13:47
PM'd you.........

sandyr1
25-Jul-11, 14:51
Been a lot of opinions on here covering the whole range of emotions, I am a wee bit surprised of the silence of some Orgers who gave their views in various threads, there's nothing wrong with gateway drugs. Of course, as I write it's not been disclosed if it was down to drugs, as her being a chain smoker, heavy drinker AND drug taker; the cause is still open.

No doubt there are Orgers on here who had a very bad start in life, personal violence towards them, a disadvantaged background, and many from broken families where parents split when they were young.. etc but who have still turned out to be reasonably good members of our society..
Of course these 'celebs' are under pressure, but there are a great many others who have got through without the resort to artificial stimulants..
It's down to the individual; some of us are stronger than others, but watching AW spitting at people and personal treatment of others turned my stomach, I gained the impression she was out of control. A role Model? nope; never, but maybe hopefully her pointless death will help open a few younger eyes - but I won't hold my breath...

Gateway to Hell more like it. Ask anyone who has a serious drug abuse issue....They didn't start on Coke or Heroin!

gleeber
25-Jul-11, 14:59
Noble words, Gleeber.

Well, they would be if they were not carefully crafted in a way that stands you in a favourable light whilst still managing to deride those who's opinions differ from yours.......;)
Your a cracker Walter. Now your accusing me of being good at defending my position to the detriment of those I disagree with. I'll take that as a compliment then. :lol:
Internet forums are about the use of language trying to describe what we feel inside. It's not easy for ordinary people to describe their true feelings but with the popularity of the internet and forums like the org we are faced with a new tool to help us in our struggles and perhaps begin to understand them. Communicating our feelings properly would reduce a lot of the conflict we see on the org and although I may be a bit naive I believe it was a fracture between language and feelings that caused this stramash.
You see, on reflection, I don't believe Nick was as happy as he tried to make out that Amy had died nor were those who supported him. They certainly disrespected her lifestyle and no doubt there were other deeper and more personal reasons but I dont believe any of them would have wished her dead.

Walter Ego
25-Jul-11, 15:37
Your a cracker Walter. Now your accusing me of being good at defending my position to the detriment of those I disagree with. I'll take that as a compliment then. :lol:....

And so you should, Sir. Always a pleasure to see a finely handled post.

I sit at the Masters feet.:Razz

John Little
25-Jul-11, 16:04
Been a lot of opinions on here covering the whole range of emotions, I am a wee bit surprised of the silence of some Orgers who gave their views in various threads, there's nothing wrong with gateway drugs.

Interesting point Bekisman.

For me the freedom of the individual over-rides the prohibition every time. It's still a question of choice.

No-one, generally speaking, is forced to take drugs.

No-one is forced to spurn offers of help.

The fact that it ends in someone's death does not remove the fact that it was her choice to do what she did - for whatever reasons.

Which brings in a very tight question as to how far the state, or other people, have the right to intervene 'for their own good'. Where does that end?

But reflect - if the drugs she took had been regulated, prescribed, quality and dosage controlled, then the outcome of her taking them might have been very different.

You choose to keep tigers, then like John Aspinall, they may kill you. To keep poisonous snakes - the same.

Guns as are dangerous as what people choose to use them for.

IMHO, just because someone dies of drugs is no reason to prohibit them in the same way that people dying of smoking or alcohol related illness does not call for their prohibition. There is no difference.

StarscreamsRise
25-Jul-11, 19:22
The woman wasnt dead a day before it spread like a forest fire. If some of you didnt like her and agree with the things she did thats fine, i can understand why. But dont you think your been a litte bit horrible and narrow minded insulting her. I notice people didnt take such an interest in her while she was alive, but after she is dead its a different story isnt it ? The dead cannot defend themselves

binnes
25-Jul-11, 19:23
I have to say that this is an amazing thread....amazing in the fact that it can get so convoluted and twisted.

I am neutral towards her but for those on here who have slated her I think it's unfair as her downfall was a product of her own success. Just remember though her family will be grieving and therefore should have some respect.

bagpuss
25-Jul-11, 20:14
My sympathies are with Amy's bereaved parents who had tried to turn their daughter's life around on numerous occasions- just remember the title of that song: 'Rehab' and who are now planning a funeral- which no doubt will be invaded by the press and public.

Performers are constantly tempted by all manner of substances to 'get them through' the pressures of performance- and not everyone is sufficiently strong willed to resist. Yes Amy joins the ranks of those who have died young- and who thus in a strange way become immortal: just think how attitudes to Michael Jackson changed after his demise.

It isn't always drink or drugs: think the wonderful Karen Carpenter's struggle with an eating disorder and her brother's addiction to prescription painkillers.

and for anyone inclined to cynicism- how would you feel performing to huge crowds night after night.

requesciet in pacem Amy- and thanks for the music

bekisman
25-Jul-11, 21:04
Interesting point Bekisman.

For me the freedom of the individual over-rides the prohibition every time. It's still a question of choice. No-one, generally speaking, is forced to take drugs.
No-one is forced to spurn offers of help.
The fact that it ends in someone's death does not remove the fact that it was her choice to do what she did - for whatever reasons.

Which brings in a very tight question as to how far the state, or other people, have the right to intervene 'for their own good'. Where does that end? But reflect - if the drugs she took had been regulated, prescribed, quality and dosage controlled, then the outcome of her taking them might have been very different.
You choose to keep tigers, then like John Aspinall, they may kill you. To keep poisonous snakes - the same. Guns as are dangerous as what people choose to use them for.
IMHO, just because someone dies of drugs is no reason to prohibit them in the same way that people dying of smoking or alcohol related illness does not call for their prohibition. There is no difference.
Each to his own JL..

'Freedom of the individual', that's an expression we hear so many, many times - fair enough I don't give a toss that 2,000 people a week use this freedom to kill themselves via Nicotine.

Likewise do I care if another 15,000 a year kill themselves through Alcohol - nah - do what they like, it's freedom after all.. of course the recent past Booze-Cruises got around the exorbitant cost of alcohol, likewise the cheap Chinese fags with their 80 per cent more nicotine and dangerously high levels of arsenic..

Do I really care? Well actually I do when it affects me personally.. having to take my own father to the bog, was embarrassing and humiliating, but then he was dying from his use of fags over decades.. my daughter in laws mother, having to sit with an oxygen bottle as she dies with emphysema.. Many moons ago having to cut some dead woman out of a car, because a drunk-driver had ploughed into her.. watching as he sat with head in hands, realising through his befuddled haze what he had actually done.. But then that's Freedom..

Of course we can legislate on fags and booze, we put the price up, but as has been mentioned this can so easily be circumvented..

Trouble is, not all of us are sensible; are the above 120,000 'sensible'? A question of Choice; yes they made it, but it was their choice - were these umpteen thousands forced? of course not, it's free will, and apart from 'us' cleaning up the results, it was totally up to them.

Unfortunately a great many will choose to keep tigers, I know - at least I hope - my kids never dabbled in drugs.. but hey if it was all regulated, prescribed, quality and dosage, maybe they would.. But and it's big but, what if they wanted more or a different type not regulated, well do doubt Amy W. did not have to do any burglaries or prostitute herself on the street.. she had plenty of money to get whatever she wanted, just like fags and booze I suppose..

The Dangerous Animals act, The Firearms Act; none work, so why not deregulate firearms, let everyone have one?

I often wonder why Beef was banned in this country when a few died with Creutzfeldt-Jakob whist umpteen thousands die through smoking a perfectly legal drug.. but we really know the answer, don't we?

So bottom line, like most - really no idea the way it should go..

But then I'm a non-smoker, non-drinker, non-drug user (came off high blood pressure pills after 22 years!).. don't use caffeine, I'm a boring old fhart I suppose..

no, I'm not really.. ;)

John Little
25-Jul-11, 21:26
LOL! Never that I think.

The line that must not be crossed is where it affects others.

I maintain that it is the right of every man or woman to go the high road to hell in their own way.

Provided it does not affect anyone else.

Your drunk driver is a criminal.

So take your drugs, your alcohol, your tobacco.

But also take the responsibility that goes with it. Anyone who breaks the law must deal with it.

Imagine that drugs became legal.

Fine - but if you harm while under the influence then it should be the same as with alcohol.

I'm free born British and should be free to abuse my body in anyway i wish.

But not others.

gleeber
25-Jul-11, 22:38
What an excellent post John Little and Bekisman too showing a willingness to adapt to an old taboo.
I cant imagine heavy drugs being readily available although I realise they are now but feeding a criminal network that includes all kinds of nasty human vices. It's unlkely enough support would ever be found in parliament to consider legalising anything that's illegal at the moment although I have heard the odd MP standing up and suggesting its consideration. It would certainly generate plenty tax. Could become the new oil boom. :lol:

Walter Ego
26-Jul-11, 08:30
My sympathies are with Amy's bereaved parents who had tried to turn their daughter's life around on numerous occasions- just remember the title of that song: 'Rehab' and who are now planning a funeral- which no doubt will be invaded by the press and public.

Performers are constantly tempted by all manner of substances to 'get them through' the pressures of performance- and not everyone is sufficiently strong willed to resist. Yes Amy joins the ranks of those who have died young- and who thus in a strange way become immortal: just think how attitudes to Michael Jackson changed after his demise.

It isn't always drink or drugs: think the wonderful Karen Carpenter's struggle with an eating disorder and her brother's addiction to prescription painkillers.

and for anyone inclined to cynicism- how would you feel performing to huge crowds night after night.

requesciet in pacem Amy- and thanks for the music

Bagpuss, if the stress of a job is too much for someone - then jack it in. Popular performers are not enslaved to their 'job' by the necessity to place a dry crust on the table.

NickInTheNorth
26-Jul-11, 19:23
Interesting status doing the rounds on facebook :

Everyone feeling sorry for Amy Winehouse. Think about this.
She buys some heroin, most of the heroin on the UK streets comes from Afghanistan, the money from that deal goes to the taliban, which pays for bomb parts and bullets that are aimed for a soldier.
A soldier gets killed and leaves a wife, kids & family behind!
Tell me now that you feel sorry for the poor girl that had everything?

gleeber
26-Jul-11, 19:31
Gosh your still around Nick. I thought you were dead. Welcome back

Walter Ego
26-Jul-11, 19:54

She buys some heroin, most of the heroin on the UK streets comes from Afghanistan, the money from that deal goes to the taliban, which pays for bomb parts and bullets that are aimed for a soldier.

But, Nick, she's a singer, and she's famous! Don't you see? Not someone involved in nasty stuff like the drugs trade and naughty people - and don't forget she's not some dirty little abscess ridden junkie dying in a puddle of their own puke in a squat somewhere disgusting - you know how most people on here hate those ​untermenschen.;)

Anyway, it would appear some of our compassionate and caring co-posters are becoming concerned about a white van in the area, possibly (God forbid) members of the travelling community....I smell blood.....:Razz

sids
26-Jul-11, 20:28

Are the Taliban still growing it in Afghanistan and getting rich?

What has the Army been doing?

Moira
26-Jul-11, 20:59
I'm not sure that all our experiences and opinions on the world at large or Amy Winehouse count for much here.

For me it's the untimely death of another young, talented person. I can't even begin to imagine the angusih Amy's family and friends are suffering. :(

Here's the musical homage to some of what Amy's family are facing ;-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxPj3GAYYZ0

scotsboy
27-Jul-11, 16:09

I feel sorry for the girl who had everything.

Gleber2
27-Jul-11, 16:16
Hey Sids, The Taliban stopped the production of opium but gave the peasants no replacement crop so, when the US and UK armies moved in, the opium production started again.

Gleber2
23-Aug-11, 17:20
No illegal substances present in her body and a small amount of alcohol. Cause of death still unknown.

Corrie 3
23-Aug-11, 17:26
No illegal substances present in her body and a small amount of alcohol. Cause of death still unknown.
Sorry, who is Amy Winehouse again?...Remind me!!

Is she related to Jade Goody? Damn I hate that Jack Tweed, beat me to Jade's fortune he did!!!

C3.....:roll:;)

sandyr1
23-Aug-11, 17:32
Seems the 'People Haters' are perhaps wrong again....Oh deary me!

mi16
23-Aug-11, 17:53
Sorry, who is Amy Winehouse again?...Remind me!!

Is she related to Jade Goody? Damn I hate that Jack Tweed, beat me to Jade's fortune he did!!!

C3.....:roll:;)
Bleeding heck can I jump on the disrespecting the dead train?
That Lady Diana eh what a munter and as for Jackson

mi16
23-Aug-11, 17:54

Well there you go eh, just shows you that it pays to wait before you make conclusions.
I hope they get an answer to the mysterious death.

Corrie 3
23-Aug-11, 18:25
Bleeding heck can I jump on the disrespecting the dead train?
That Lady Diana eh what a munter and as for Jackson

Millions of people die every single day in this world mi16......Get over it and make the most of what time you have left!!!!

C3.............:roll:

NickInTheNorth
23-Aug-11, 18:33

This people hater is not wrong - Winehouse had a serious problem with drugs and drink and was a terrible role model for young people that did not deserve the deifying she received for dying. It may or may not be related to her cause of death, still makes her anathema to me.

mi16
23-Aug-11, 19:01
Millions of people die every single day in this world mi16......Get over it and make the most of what time you have left!!!!

C3.............:roll:

I sincerely hope no one is as flippant with regards to your death Corrie 3

mi16
23-Aug-11, 19:03
This people hater is not wrong - Winehouse had a serious problem with drugs and drink and was a terrible role model for young people that did not deserve the deifying she received for dying. It may or may not be related to her cause of death, still makes her anathema to me.

Is everyone in the world responsible for being a good role model to the youth of the day?

NickInTheNorth
23-Aug-11, 19:07
Is everyone in the world responsible for being a good role model to the youth of the day?

Well it would be a better world if they were!

And we are not discussing everyone in the world, we are discussing someone that had a very high profile young people, and made vast amounts of money from them. It was only their money that kept her in whatever she chose as her high. Perhaps she owed it to them to be a better role model than she was.

Corrie 3
23-Aug-11, 19:12
I sincerely hope no one is as flippant with regards to your death Corrie 3
I haven't got long to go mi16, when I am gone then I am gone...... I wont be worried about what people think of me......End of !!!

C3......:roll:

mi16
23-Aug-11, 19:16
I haven't got long to go mi16, when I am gone then I am gone...... I wont be worried about what people think of me......End of !!!

C3......:roll:

Well I guess thats fair enough, I presume you have family and I hope they have the same outlook as you.

mi16
23-Aug-11, 19:23
Well it would be a better world if they were!

And we are not discussing everyone in the world, we are discussing someone that had a very high profile young people, and made vast amounts of money from them. It was only their money that kept her in whatever she chose as her high. Perhaps she owed it to them to be a better role model than she was.

She may have had a high profile but that doesnt make her morally responsible for anything, she ran a business... big deal.
She made music that folk wanted to buy and she sold it to them, simple as that.
I run a business where I see a service, I dont expect people to scrutinise my life to the 10th degree.
While I dont condone drug and alchohol abuse, I dont agree that she owed anything to the youth, if anything she told folk a lesson of what drink and drugs can do to a person.
I dont here the same abuse hurled towards other celebrities who had untimely deaths and were drug users i.e Elvis Pressley, Kurt Cobain, Janis Joplin, John Lennon, Michael Jackson, Johnny Cash and countless others.

Corrie 3
23-Aug-11, 19:25
Well I guess thats fair enough, I presume you have family and I hope they have the same outlook as you.
My Family know the rules, when I have gone then I have gone and they must get on with their own lives and make the most of what time they have left on this earth!!...No time for grieving and blubbering, make the most of what you have got and enjoy every minute!!

C3,.....................:roll:;)

mi16
23-Aug-11, 19:29
My Family know the rules, when I have gone then I have gone and they must get on with their own lives and make the most of what time they have left on this earth!!...No time for grieving and blubbering, make the most of what you have got and enjoy every minute!!

Corrie 3, I doff my hat to you on your outlook, its certainly the one to take. However it doesnt excuse being disrespectful of the dead.

Kells
23-Aug-11, 19:47

There are no rules when it comes to love, loss and grieve all are a part of life and what makes us human.

Robinwood
24-Aug-11, 10:17

What ever it may be now she is no more ! its not good to insult those who are dead... So now lets pray for her to Rest in Peace !

Corrie 3
24-Aug-11, 10:30
... So now lets pray for her to Rest in Peace !
Erm............pray to whom?

C3........:confused

mi16
24-Aug-11, 11:40
Erm............pray to whom?

C3........:confused

Allah................

Corrie 3
24-Aug-11, 11:59
Allah................
Right...Got it now.....Will do it tonight before I get in bed!!

C3...........:roll:;)

Bazeye
24-Aug-11, 18:28
He wont listen to you, unless youre a muslim.

Corrie 3
24-Aug-11, 18:31
He wont listen to you, unless youre a muslim.
I'll send him an E-mail then Baz, he is bound to read that!!!

C3................:roll:;)

ducati
24-Aug-11, 23:50
She may have had a high profile but that doesnt make her morally responsible for anything, she ran a business... big deal.
I run a business where I see a service, I dont expect people to scrutinise my life to the 10th degree.
While I dont condone drug and alchohol abuse, I dont agree that she owed anything to the youth, if anything she told folk a lesson of what drink and drugs can do to a person.
I dont here the same abuse hurled towards other celebrities who had untimely deaths and were drug users i.e Elvis Pressley, Kurt Cobain, Janis Joplin, John Lennon, Michael Jackson, Johnny Cash and countless others.

I'm almost certain John Lennon didn't die of an overdose.

NickInTheNorth
25-Aug-11, 00:26
over dose of intra muscular lead I believe :)

Aaldtimer
25-Aug-11, 03:21

Johnny Cash died at the age of 71...don't think he can be included in this debate.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Cash

mi16
25-Aug-11, 07:28
I'm almost certain John Lennon didn't die of an overdose.

Neither did Amy Winehouse it seems, which makes my point exactly

mi16
25-Aug-11, 07:29
Johnny Cash died at the age of 71...don't think he can be included in this debate.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Cash

Aye OK you got me there, I thought he died younger, he was a drug user though.