PDA

View Full Version : Losing Weight..

Princess
20-Jul-11, 08:40
Does anyone know if there are any slimming groups in Wick?

purplelady
20-Jul-11, 23:11
yes there is slimming world at the seaforth club in wick on a thurs evening at 5.30 and 7.30 hope this helps xxxxxxxx

daz
21-Jul-11, 08:59
scottish slimmers,tue nte 5.15 - 6.15 in the nethercliff hotel !!!!!!!!

Princess
21-Jul-11, 11:09
Thanks very much :)

bagpuss
23-Jul-11, 19:40
and there's always Weighwatchers online
but why not look for an exercise class as well?

oldmarine
23-Jul-11, 20:01
Looks like good advise

ONE UNITED
23-Jul-11, 23:51
Exercise classes definately help with weight lose! Monday nights at 7pm Zumba, Tuesday night Toning (Kettlebells) @6.30, Wednesday night Yoga at 6.30, Thursday night Aerobics at 6.30!

There will be no classes this week as its gala week and we cant get the halls. The following week is Zumba, Toning, Yoga, and Zumba again on the Thursday.

EDDIE
24-Jul-11, 10:02

Weight watchers work a point system it confuses a lot of people.
Another site is weight lose resources it work in calories a lot easier to understand link below

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/calories/burning_calories/burn_more_calories.htm

EDDIE
24-Jul-11, 10:08
Exercise classes definately help with weight lose! Monday nights at 7pm Zumba, Tuesday night Toning (Kettlebells) @6.30, Wednesday night Yoga at 6.30, Thursday night Aerobics at 6.30!

There will be no classes this week as its gala week and we cant get the halls. The following week is Zumba, Toning, Yoga, and Zumba again on the Thursday.
Exercise will help but its better to get the food intake sorted out first there is no point going out for 1 hour run and burning say 200 calories and comming home and having a mars bar which is about 500 calories?
U dont need to do exercise to lose weight its all about your calorie intake if your body need 2000 calories a day to maintain weight if you eat 1800 calories a day u will lose weight over a period of a week just the same as if u eat 2100 calories a day u will put on weight.

ONE UNITED
25-Jul-11, 07:06
Personally I totally disagree with you here!! Everyones body is different and I know a lot of people that eat very healthy but unless they exercise as well as count the calories then the weight doesn't shift.........Me for one!!!

If they desperately want to lose weight I dont think they will have mars bars in their cupboards!

Exercise will help but its better to get the food intake sorted out first there is no point going out for 1 hour run and burning say 200 calories and comming home and having a mars bar which is about 500 calories?
U dont need to do exercise to lose weight its all about your calorie intake if your body need 2000 calories a day to maintain weight if you eat 1800 calories a day u will lose weight over a period of a week just the same as if u eat 2100 calories a day u will put on weight.

EDDIE
25-Jul-11, 09:56
Personally I totally disagree with you here!! Everyones body is different and I know a lot of people that eat very healthy but unless they exercise as well as count the calories then the weight doesn't shift.........Me for one!!!

If they desperately want to lose weight I dont think they will have mars bars in their cupboards!

Everyone body is different and depending on ure height weight and gender that will determine the amount of calories you need to maintain your weight and it will alter depending on whether u lose or gain weight there is a formula to work it out but most website like weight lose resourse have that in ther online tools u can actually buy weight scales that can do that as wel but there a bit pricey.
If ure on a diet u still can have a mars bar as long as its a funsize its about 80 cal
If ure trying to lose weight go to the link below and read throught the webiste it offers a free days trial and money back if u dont lose weight the online tools are quite good providing u input accuratley?
http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/calories/burning_calories/burn_more_calories.htm

therealducati
25-Jul-11, 18:31

Can you tell me where the classes are held and how much they cost?
Thanks

sandyr1
25-Jul-11, 20:19
Can you tell me where the classes are held and how much they cost?
Thanks

So who is who?? One real the other unreal?

bagpuss
25-Jul-11, 21:06
The most drastic- and effective diet is the one followed by les belles Middleton before the Royal Wedding:
Unlike other diets, the Dukan is relatively simple.

You don’t have to count calories or weigh your portions of food - all you have to do is eat, as much or as little as you like, from a list.

The bad news is that, for the first week or so of the diet, there’s only three things on that list (vegetarians, look away now). Meat, fish and eggs - that’s it.

And before you start thinking, ‘Well at least I can have some sausages and bacon’, think again. Unlike the Atkins diet, the only meat allowed is lean and not fatty - which means rashers, bangers and burgers are out, too.

In fact, the Atkins diet (where the main requirement is to cut out carbs) is a smorgasbord of excitement compared to the Dukan. At least Mr Atkins encouraged the odd dollop of mayonnaise or a chunk of Cheddar to relieve the boredom.

The Dukan is a four-phase diet - but if anybody can get past stage two with their sanity intact then I’m a size eight Parisian.

The attack phase lasts anywhere between five and ten days depending on how much weight you have to lose. It’s the hardest and most restrictive part of the

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1332849/Kate-Middletons-mother-Caroles-secret-diet-prawns-cottage-cheese.html#ixzz1T9KTbRkW

highlandlassie
25-Jul-11, 23:31
I went on the Dukan diet and lost 10lbs in 10 days and it has stayed off since feb. Mind you
all the BBQ's and wine it may creep back on over the summer. I had a fried breakfast every morning
and never felt hungry. Worth a try.

bronson
26-Jul-11, 04:18
hi am an expert on dieting ..joke . every diet does work if we have the will power to stick to them . ive struggled with my weight since i was in my early teens (now am 44 ) over the yrs ive done it all , shakes , bars ,so called sensible eating , scarsdale , brithish heart foundation diet , not eating at all , laxatives ( which pls dnt do ) i have suffered long term effects bcause of this . the only diet tht has worked for me is the atkins diet . i have lost the total of 9 stone ...but have gained nearly 2 back since coming off it and reverting back to my old eating habits . i did "play around " with the diet a bit till i found the fastest weight loss .which was 16lbs in one week . i have been on and off the atkins 3 times .2 of which i gained all the weight (both times 8 stones ) but 4 me i def think it is the best . saying tht any diet u shud ask ur doc .but i was desparate as i was grossly overweight and my health was suffering because of it so drastic measures had to b take . good luck as it is never easy

dachs4
26-Jul-11, 08:03
i am the same. been dieting most of my life, The diet that is finally working for me is Slimming World lost over 3 stone already and believe me that is a big achievement for me. Anyone who is struggling with that extra pounds should give this eating plan a try.
Classes are held by Eleanor in Sea Cadet Hall Thurso every Tuesday at 5pm and 7pm
Seaforth Club, Dempster St, Wick every Thursday 5.30 and 7.30pm.

You will get lots of support from Eleanor also staying to group is fantastic i attend wick group at 7.30pm and the support i get from other members, Eleanor, and her social team is amazing, you always come out of group with your batteries recharged ready for another week, well worth giving it a try.

ONE UNITED
26-Jul-11, 21:33
Hi, yeah sorry, the classes are all in the Assembly rooms, Wick and are £3 each.