16-Jul-11, 00:15
http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?17214-Posting-in-Technical-Support

Mr P Cannop
16-Jul-11, 06:53
i am using windows xp and the email prog i have is outlook express

charlie
16-Jul-11, 17:40
Thanks Paul that helps.

Does it give any error message or simply just not do anything ?

It may also be that your deleted items box is full - can you empty it if its not already empty.

Is it just one particular mail that wont go away?
If so, does that mail have something attached to it like a film clip or large attachment.

Try holding down the [Shift] key when you press [Delete], Outlook will then completely blow the message away bypassing the Deleted Items folder.

Let me know how you get on.

Mr P Cannop
16-Jul-11, 18:46
cant get rid of 1 email

charlie
16-Jul-11, 19:04
Ok does the mail have an attachment? - and did u try the shift/delete method I suggested as below

If so, does that mail have something attached to it like a film clip or large attachment.

Try holding down the [Shift] key when you press [Delete], Outlook will then completely blow the message away bypassing the Deleted Items folder.

Mr P Cannop
16-Jul-11, 21:19
when i click onto the email computer is stuck

charlie
16-Jul-11, 23:43
Paul I am afraid I cannot diagnose problems when only getting text message responses.
Perhaps one of the other many worthies of the tech support forum may be able to assist on this occasion.

Sorry I can't help this time but hope somebody else can.

dx100uk
17-Jul-11, 01:25
must agree more info is needed

anyhow, in the good ole days, this problem often appeared with some isp's

the only way to clear it was to go to your webmail portal via the isp's website
and delete it there if it shows.

often it used to be that the webmail trash can was full because outlook express was not configured to delte mail from the server at the isp's site

dx

Mr P Cannop
17-Jul-11, 14:21
what other info do you need from me ??

dx100uk
17-Jul-11, 23:58
check the webmail int first

then can we have the exact error msg you get
screenshot?

dx

Bobinovich
18-Jul-11, 09:21
Could well be a corrupt Inbox.dbx file. If you have other e-mails in Inbox which you don't want to lose then right click on Local Folders and create a New Folder called say TempInbox then drag all the mails you want to keep from in the Inbox to it. You should be left with just the one e-mail you can't delete.

Now, to find out where your e-mail database is stored start Outlook Express, click Tools > Options, click the Maintenance tab, now click Store folder and the location of your mails appears. Highlight and copy it (right click > Copy or Ctrl + C) then close Outlook Express

Click Start > Run and paste (right click > Paste or Ctrl + V) the location into the Run box then click OK, you should see a number of files such as inbox.dbx, outbox.dbx, drafts.dbx, etc. Click on Inbox.dbx & delete it

Restart Outlook Express and it will create a new Inbox.dbx file, then you can drag the mails from your TempInbox folder back into it. Hopefully problem solved.

dx100uk
20-Jul-11, 02:18
yep my thoughts too

dx

Mr P Cannop
27-Jul-11, 14:44
thanks prob now sorted