PDA

View Full Version : gas/electric rises

tonkatojo
09-Jul-11, 12:01
Am I the only one that finds the latest price rises disgusting,considering the billions of profit these company's report making. I suppose looking back who was it that sold off the utilities to their pals years back, no doubt someone will remind me and I bet it isn't "ducati" LOL.

Shabbychic
09-Jul-11, 12:34
Yes, good auld Capitalism.

Shareholders rule!!!!

Doreen
09-Jul-11, 12:39
Im with scottish hydro and my gas and eletric ii a hundred and eighty pound a month its absoloutly disgusting thats with no heating on and i think im going to question it or change suppliers.

Walter Ego
09-Jul-11, 14:59
I always find it odd that people will use an electrically powered device to post on an electrically powered forum to say just how outraged they are at how much they are paying for the electricity they use.......

Use less?

Kodiak
09-Jul-11, 15:19
I always find it odd that people will use an electrically powered device to post on an electrically powered forum to say just how outraged they are at how much they are paying for the electricity they use.......

Use less?

I find it odd that you find it odd. There is no better place to let other people konw how you feel about anything other than a Public Forum.

Very Useful indeed!!!!!

theone
09-Jul-11, 15:21
Im with scottish hydro and my gas and eletric ii a hundred and eighty pound a month its absoloutly disgusting thats with no heating on and i think im going to question it or change suppliers.

I've no idea what your circumstances are Doreen but that seems quite high to me.

Do you submit a meter reading regularly or are you getting estimates?

Doreen
09-Jul-11, 17:57
No i get my meters read every month but it seems to be an awful lot of money monthly.

ducati
09-Jul-11, 18:08
Am I the only one that finds the latest price rises disgusting,considering the billions of profit these company's report making. I suppose looking back who was it that sold off the utilities to their pals years back, no doubt someone will remind me and I bet it isn't "ducati" LOL.

Of course I was just a bairn at the time. But I seem to remember that because of the failing infrastructure caused by a lack of investment it was too expensive to keep them. They were sold in shares issues and bought by everyone from Sid, to major pension scheme investors. I hardly think they were sold off to mates. Really, I think you got your political education in a working mans club in Geordieland. Interesting that your lot didn't buy 'em back when they had the chance. [lol]

tonkatojo
09-Jul-11, 18:26
Of course I was just a bairn at the time. But I seem to remember that because of the failing infrastructure caused by a lack of investment it was too expensive to keep them. They were sold in shares issues and bought by everyone from Sid, to major pension scheme investors. I hardly think they were sold off to mates. Really, I think you got your political education in a working mans club in Geordieland. Interesting that your lot didn't buy 'em back when they had the chance. [lol]

Never been to working mans club, I actually once went to the local catholic club but that doesn't count does it I remember it because at closing time they all got up and sang sot of sang "Land Of My Fathers".
But its true I could never understand why Labour never re-nationalised them but the at least re-nationalised the east coast line.