PDA

View Full Version : i have a caithness tan.

Dadie
03-Jul-11, 23:08
Sort of white/blue look going on ....
Any tips other than moisturise, moisturise, moisturise and buff up your skin beforehand....as im thinking of building up a fake tan with the johnsons holiday skin body lotion so to look tanned but not orange for the summer months as my legs never see sunshine (I bought my first dress in 10+ years yesterday) and dont want to go like a zebra (stripey) either!
I cannot afford the time for a salon as im never kid free....so I want to look like a yummy mummy without the time and effort of a salon visit and im a bit hopeless at the application proccess so any handy tips will be tried!

shazzap
03-Jul-11, 23:14
Stand in the bath. Apply with latex gloves.

shazzap
03-Jul-11, 23:16
Also beware, of putting too much. Around your knees and ankles and feet.

Dadie
03-Jul-11, 23:22
Ta will try..I bought my first dress in ages and wore it today but my blue legs were whiter than the dress!
~It was so hot a dress was needed but one look at my legs would make anyone shudder as they verge on blue as their natural colour as they never see the light of day(I live in jeans no matter the season).

Tugmistress
03-Jul-11, 23:25
stuff the false stuff, put your shorts on and get in the garden with the kids each day for a half hour or so!

Dadie
03-Jul-11, 23:32
I wish ...I will burn within 10-15 mins!
Im so pathetic with the sun........I will burn so so easily it isnt worth it, thankfully no matter how fair the kids are they have taken their dads ability of tanning and not mine!

Even so they are slathered in factor 25-50 always in the summer (the least exposed skin in the highest factor) as I have kids that strip to naked at the first sign of sunshine!

Bazeye
04-Jul-11, 02:18
Sort of white/blue look going on .......so I want to look like a yummy mummy

Never mind what you think you look like, just post a picture and let us be the judge of that. :)

Dadie
04-Jul-11, 10:04
Next question......
How do you correct/remove the fake tan when it goes horribly wrong?
My legs look like a tiger according to Iona not a zebra as they are orange and stripey!:eek:

shazzap
04-Jul-11, 10:26
I would try a lemon.

Margaret M.
04-Jul-11, 15:26
Dadie, you should grab 10-15 minutes of sunlight every chance you get without wearing a sunscreen. Lots of diseases are caused by vitamin D deficiency. Getting vitamin D from foods and supplements is not nearly as beneficial as getting it from the intended source – the sun.

An exfoliater should help remove the tan stuff – some say a whitening toothpaste works like a charm.

binnes
04-Jul-11, 16:39
Would definately agree with you Margaret. Dadie, you dont need to stay out in the sun until you look like a shrivelled and burnt prawn but as Margaret says, the best way to get vitamin D is as nature intended - via the sun. A few minutes every day (assuming this weather lasts) and you will have a nice tan and most importantly FOC!!

Dadie
04-Jul-11, 18:06
Resorted to bleach on the darkest stripes and lightening(blonding) shampoo and sugar on the less bad areas...
Hubby is going to spray tan me next time!
I dont like to sit out in the sun, but, I do pop in and out the house all day when at home and work outside at work.