PDA

View Full Version : House Party

Gleber2
27-Jun-11, 22:58
We have internationally known singer/songwriter Alan Taylor at the Lighthouse on Sunday 3rd July. PM if you are interested in one of the remaining seats.

Torvaig
04-Jul-11, 10:32
Gleber2 and Isaac, many thanks for the excellent programme you put on for us last night; shame there were a few empty seats but I suppose it is the holiday season with folks seeking sunnier climes!

Alan Taylor was a joy to listen to; wonderful voice and some great songs; didn't want to go home!

Magic! xx

trix
07-Jul-11, 00:46
i agree tor, it wis a really guid nite. i wis close til 'e front so hed a really guid view.

he played ma favourites, 'e one aboot anna, who "works at the hotel where all 'e singers hing oot" tra la la i love 'at. an' 'e auld mannie, manuel who "watches as maria tosses her curls an' gies him a smile"...los companeros.

an "searchin for nivana...at the beat hotel" aw, 'at wis brilliant :cool:

i wis gled til be "where all the guid people go" - jack johnson. tra la la....

The Pepsi Challenge
07-Jul-11, 03:00
Having missed Taylor in Edinburgh, I was looking forward to seeing him within the comfy confines of the Dunnet Head Lighthouse. Unfortunately, I couldn't make it northward, but from what I gather a great gig was had. Long may such nights continue...

Torvaig
07-Jul-11, 08:39
Having missed Taylor in Edinburgh, I was looking forward to seeing him within the comfy confines of the Dunnet Head Lighthouse. Unfortunately, I couldn't make it northward, but from what I gather a great gig was had. Long may such nights continue...

Hopefully they will continue for a long time; nothing else like it in Caithness; the atmosphere, the making of new friends; the intimate atmosphere with the music makers; the beautiful walk outside during the break and the cosiness and warmth in the winter time.

A unique experience indeed!